AZUZ: It's not the kind of record anyone wants to set. The Yahoo technology company announced this week that it suffered what's probably the largest hack ever. To make matters worse, Yahoo says the actual hack occurred in 2013, and Internet security

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年12月

Our first story this April 25th involves alleged human trafficking. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security defines human trafficking as modern day slavery. It involves deceiving people, defrauding them or forcing them into a type of labor or prosti

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年5月

Youve probably seen it. You receive an email from your bank or trusted company, and its asking you for information. It looks real, but its designed to fool you into handing over important information. This is a scam called phishing. And you need to a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

Economics Report - Retirement Savings Rule 2: Plan for Your Future Goals and Needs 经济报道 - 退休储蓄规则2:规划长远目标和需求 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Las

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: President Trump is expected to issue a new executive order next week on refugees and other people coming to the U.S. from foreign countries. While we don't yet know the details of what the Trump administration's extreme vetting wil

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

AILSA CHANG, HOST: Facebook gave us fresh evidence today that other countries are still trying to interfere in U.S. politics. It announced that it had shut down several accounts and pages that it says were being used to stoke divisions among American

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

By Cathy Majtenyi Nairobi 14 September 2006 The Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission plans to seize millions of dollars, allegedly made through corrupt deals. Aaron Ringera Kenyan media Thursday quoted commission director Aaron Ringera as saying the mon

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(596) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

AILSA CHANG, HOST: The prosecution's star witness in the case against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort got hammered by the other side yesterday. During cross-examination, Rick Gates revealed that he had lied and embezzled from his former

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

By Jim Malone Washington 06 April 2006 There was some emotionally wrenching testimony Thursday in the death penalty trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, the only person tried and convicted in connection with

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(246) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

By Elizabeth Carlassare. Todays topic is understanding whether adding an authorized user to your credit card will hurt your credit? Kabria e-mailed me with this question: I have good credit and my boyfriend has bad credit. If I make him an authorized

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

今天我们要学的词是stash。 Stash, 指把东西储藏在安全的地方。欧洲央行放出新一轮低成本贷款后, European banks stashed record amounts of money in the European Central Bank overnight, 欧元区各银行在欧洲央行的

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The National Bureau of Statistics has announced the latest figures of the country's total population and on China's labor force. China now has about 1.37 billion people, more than any other country in the world. And the number of working age people -

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Paulina: Did you get your Social Security statement? I just got mine in the mail. If I keep working at this rate for the next 20 years, between Social Security and my savings , I should be sitting pretty for retirement . Carlos: Yeah, I should be oka

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Things are back to normal for Philadelphia area commuters as the transit strikes that shut down buses and subways in the city has come to an end. Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell announced Sunday that the Southeastern Pennsylvanian Transportation

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(十一)月

今天我们要学的词是account for。Account for, 意思是所占百分比。 Labor accounts for only 5% of the cost of making an iPhone, 在产生苹果手机的成本中,人工仅占百分之五。 上星期出台的美国零售业数据令人鼓

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃