Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 It is four oclock in the morning.

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

13. I've been busy on the phone. 我一直在通话。 还能这样说: I am on the phone all the time. I keep talking on the phone. 谚语: Quick feet and busy hands fill the mouth. 手勤脚快,嘴里吃饱。 14. Hello. Overseas operator. 你好

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

经典句型:Shall we have a discussion on the insurance? 我们可以就保险讨论一下吗? A:Shall we have a discussion on the insurance? 甲:我们可以就保险讨论一下吗? B:What do you request? 乙:你们要求多少呢? A:We can only a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 生活口语天天说

Charging 收付款S: Salesclerk 售货职员 C: Customer 顾客实用句型 Practical Key Sentences四. 付款方式S1: Cash only. 只收现金。 S2: No checks. 不收支票。 S3: Cash on delivery. 货到付款。 S4: Forward payment. 预付货款。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸服装口语

处理客户的抱怨 Handling the Customer's ComplaintsS: Salesclerk 售货职员 C: Customer 顾客实用句型 Practical Key SentencesS1: What's the problem? 你有什么问题? S2: Do you have receipt? 你有收据吗? S3: What seems to be th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸服装口语

Perhaps it's only when we fully accept that we will die that we can fully accept how alive we are right now.Death brings perspective, then. It brings us back to life and it asks of me, how, now, will I live? A friend works at a hospice, and recently

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

(WASHINGTON, Reuters)Research shows that two hours of exposure to elevated levels of car emissions raises the likelihood of a heart attack. (路透社华盛顿电)研究显示,接触高浓度汽车排废气达两个小时时,会提高心脏病发

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

Section C What Life Is like When Out of Work (Fortunately, Jan Halvorsen was unemployed only four months. She is now assistant editor of the Twin Cities Courier(《双城信使报》)in St. Paul,

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程(2)

China's central bank has raised the reserve requirement for banks in order to cut back on the amount of lending currently taking place in that country. Their economy was growing so quickly that many worried that a financial crash would come before t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2007

核心句型: I hope your idea takes wings. 希望你的想法能够成真。 take wings 直译就是:插上翅膀,汉语中也有为梦想插上翅膀这样的表达,意思是放飞自己的梦想,因为插上翅膀梦想就可以起飞翱翔

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

5pm today was the deadline for Christchurch owners of homes in the residential red zone. They had to accept CERAs offer for their property by 5pm today. Home owners had two choices: accept CERAs offer for their home and land at 2007 value, or take th

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The United States and Cuba held the seventh Bilateral Commission meeting in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, June 14. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs John Creamer led the U.S. delegation. The Cuban delegation was led b

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

27 How happy is the little stone Emily Dickinson How happy is the little stone. That rambles in the road alone, And doesn't care about careers, And exigencies never fears Whose coat of elemental brown A passing universe put on; And independent as th

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

Daily Life - Im sorry, I love you A: Whoa, whoa, whats going on? Watch out! B: Hey, watch where youre going! A: Oh, no! Im so sorry! Are you all right? B: Oh...I dont know. A: I feel terrible, I really didnt mean to knock you over. My tire, just expl

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

在双方谈判的过程中,一定要注意倾听对方的发言,如果对对方的观点表示了解,可以说: I see what you mean. (我明白您的意思。) 如果表示赞成,可以说

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

IMF Chief Resigns to Accept Nomination for German Presidency Barry Wood Horst Koehler , who for four years has headed the Washington-based International Monetary Fund , Thursday resigned to accept the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

Tuberculosis Cases Down, Disease Still A Major Killer The news from the World Health Organization is mixed: some 20 million people are alive today as a result of international efforts to control tuberculosis and care for those who have it. As a resul

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

A: I was wondering if the buyers have accepted my counteroffer. B: Yes, I just faxed you the information an hour ago. The buyers have a counteroffer for you. A: How much did they counteroffer? B: They now are offering to pay ten thousand less than yo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. 当谎言取悦你,接受真相就不容易。 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.08

9. I'm glad that we've settled the price. 很高兴我们就价格达成了共识。 还能这样说: I am pleased that we agree on the price. I am glad that the price has reached. 应用解析: settle in 迁入新居安顿下来;把(人)安顿

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇