SCENE④ A 电话响起 戴夫与吉娜继续说话 【你别欲擒故纵了】 Zina: No, Dave. I haven't wrecked my jeep. I'm calling to 1) offer you a job. 吉娜: 不,戴夫。我的吉普没有撞

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 职场社交

1. There is more trouble on the way for Lincoln County, Missouri. It's here where residents are still days away from the crest on the Mississippi River. Meanwhile, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa this city library is a total loss. An entire floor is now a was

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年6月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. If youve ever gotten sucked into a bidding war on eBay, you know the feeling. With one minute left in the auction, the bidding is fast and furious as eve

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

它创立于1995年9月,当时Omidyar的女朋友酷爱Pez糖果盒,却为找不到同道中人交流而苦恼。于是Omidyar建立起一个拍卖网站,希望能帮助女友和全美的Pez糖果盒爱好者交流,这就是eBay。令Omidyar没

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名牌博览

How I Did It: The Unlikely Rise of China's Hottest Internet Tycoon 我是如何做到的马云谈创业 I rode my bike for 40 minutes every morning to a hotel with a lot of foreign tourists. I showed them around and practiced my English. Those eight

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Perfect Dark Zero looks set to be an Xbox 360 hit With the release in the UK of the Microsoft Xbox 360, the first shot has been fired in the long-awaited war between third generation games consoles . Gamers all over the country queued overnight for

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Actiong English (23)动感英语 Movie dictionary 电影词典 make-up 化妆; make-up artist 化妆师 American slang 美国俚语 be spiked 给....下酒精或麻醉剂 When somebody is spiked it means that alcohol or narcotic (麻醉剂)substances have been added to a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 动感英语

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Remember the Seinfeld where George buys Jon Voights car? Or the one where Elaine bids on JFKs golf clubs? Why would anyone spend money, often a lot of money, on a common o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

1. A bill to extend the social security payroll tax cut is expected to be dead on arrival in the Senate Wednesday. The House passed the bill, what included a provision to fast track a controversial oil pipeline. 2. The man accused of shooting at the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十二月)

1. It is a big day for Mitt Romney in Texas. The state is holding its presidential primary and has enough delegates to push him over the top and secure the Republican nomination. 2. Rescue workers are combing through the rubble of Italy's latest dead

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(六月)

Unit3 A lessons in finance 第三节 财政学的一课 Smith was the manager of a construction company and was taking bids on a new project. 史密斯是一家建设公司的经理,他正负责一个新工程的招标案。 The first bidder was a

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话

Books and Arts; Damien Hirst retrospective; 文艺;书评;达米安赫斯特回顾展; Is nothing sacred?The Tate Modern stamp of approval; 无所尊重吗?泰特现代美术馆的准入章; Damien Hirst may be rich and famous, but he d

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

神探夏洛克第一季第二集_5 他几乎是用叉子剪自己的头发 He's left trying to sort of cut his hair with a fork, 也就是根本做不到 which of course can never be done. 涂鸦是用来威胁的 It was a threat, that's what the gr

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第一季

It looks like blueprints. 这看起来像是副工程图 Do you know what of? 你知道是什么的工程图吗 The Exchange Building. Never heard of it. 交易所大厦。没听说过 It's where the Unidac Industry's auction is scheduled to take pla

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Pleased to meet you. 很高兴见到你 I apologize. 我道歉 We meant no disrespect 我们对于队长 to a captain. 没有不敬的意思 Particularly an American one. 特别还是个美国人 So... 所以 How can I be of assistance? 我能帮你什

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Before the days of Netflix and chill, people had to hand-write their desires for one another -- even presidents. 过去,在出去约炮之前,人们只能通过书信来传情达意,这一点,就连美国总统也不例外。 A four-page love

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Aug. 10 (Xinhuanet) -- More than 80 sports collectors' items were auctioned(拍卖) off in Beijing Sunday on the occasion of the two-year anniversary of the 2008 Olympic Games, with the highest price going to the Berlin Olympic torch. The to

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Bank of China has joined seven other financial institutions to become a direct participant on the electronic platform that sets the gold price in London. Being the world's largest bullion consumer, China has never directly played a role in global gol

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

First Puffy takes everything I earned, now Instagram Said the Harlem World rapper in a heart felt Instagram message before deleting his page and later deleting himself from earth. 就在他删除了自己的主页之前,《Harlem World》的黑人说

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Chapter 49 第四十九章 I lived at the Hotel de la Fleur, and Mrs. Johnson, the proprietress, had a sad story to tell of lost opportunity. 我住在鲜花旅馆,旅馆的女主人,约翰生太太给我讲了一个悲惨的故事她如何把大好

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士