发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之商务英语

Drunk 醉酒 One day, a father and his little son were going home. At this age, the boy was interested in all kinds of things and was always asking questions. Now, he asked, What's the meaning of the word 'Drunk', dad? Well, my son, his father replie

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 X星球系列故事

The Little Boy Lost 小男孩的迷路 'Father, father, where are you going? 父亲、父亲,你往哪儿去? O do not walk so fast! 啊,别走得这么快呀。 Speak, father, speak to your little boy, 说话呀,父亲,跟你孩子说话呀

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 天真与经验之歌

New Dad 初为人父 One day, shortly after the birth of their new baby, the mother had to go out to do some errands, so the proud father stayed home to watch his wonderful new son. Soon after the mother left, the baby started to cry. The father did eve

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 牙牙学英语

The OECD has produced an international study of well-being and how young people feel about their lives. 经合组织已经发布了一项幸福和年轻人如何感知自己生活的国际研究。 The think tanks education director Andreas Schleiche

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(五月)

So the native kids outdid the Microsoft kids. 印第安孩子战胜了微软孩子。 This happened because the meaning of effort and difficulty were transformed. 这得以实现的原因,是努力与困难的意义在孩子心目中发生了改变。

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

马修在战争中身负重伤,被送回唐顿医院救治。医生说马修下半身可能无法行走,并将失去生育能力,玛丽积极地照顾着他。通过格兰瑟姆老夫人周旋,肺部严重受伤的威廉也被接回庄园救治

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园 第二季

When I was your age 在我像你这么大的时候 When I was a kid 在我还是个孩子的时候 In my day 想当年 Those were the days! 往日的情怀呀! In the past 在过去 想当年怎么说 It's no use having regrets.You can't go back! 后

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

1. When was Ana Maria Cavazos born? A. June 7, 1908 B. June 8, 1908 C. June 9, 1908 2. Where was she born? A. Mexico B. Texas C. New Mexico 3. How many brothers and sisters did she have, not including herself? A. eleven B. twelve C. thirteen 4. Where

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

RAY SUAREZ:Finally tonight: new worries over the mobile apps kids are using, and what the apps disclose about their users. It seems like everyone has them, the ubiquitous applications, apps, for short, on smartphones and tablets, including everything

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

Unbelievable. Where's the sense of style, stagecraft? 难以置信。有没有审美和技巧啊 What do you want? 你找什么 Mm, I-I left my backpack. 我的背包落在这里了 How do you know so much about bombs anyway? 你怎么会了解这么多

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

孩子确实点亮了一个家,他们从未熄灭过一盏灯。 Parenthood If it was going to be easy, it never would have started with something called labor! Shouting to make your children obey is like using the horn to steer your car, and you g

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

不管你是一岁两岁,还是十几或是二三十岁,在父母的眼中,你永远是他们长不大的孩子。不管你在朋友面前有多么酷炫,事业学业上有多么成功,在你自己的孩子面前是多么的完美。父母对

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Being good at mathematics may be entirely pre-destinedyou either have it or you don't, a new research has found。 And those who find the numbers never add up shouldnt feel too dim mathematical talent does not appear to be linked to all-round intelli

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

在我们之前的节目中,有这样一句话: Susan: But you know what they say about kids? That you can't imagine having them Until you do, and then you can't imagine life without them? It's true. All I'm saying is, maybe this is a blessing in

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

I'm 13, in the eighth grade. And starting around fourth or fifth grade when the work started getting harderquote, unquotewas when I was labeled a smart kid. 我 13 岁,就读八年级。差不多在三、四年级的时候,大家都说课业开始变

发表于:2019-03-03 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情

Teaching Children Money Habits for Life The life-long benefits of teaching children good money habits make it well worth the effort. Children who are not taught these lessons pay the consequences for a life-time. Some parents don't teach children abo

发表于:2019-03-03 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Another thing that can be very, very, very successful is 另外一件将会是非常非常成功的事情就是 there is a lot of people that may have retired from working in the software industry, and they can teach your kid. 我们国家有很多很多

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Now, Van Gogh doesn't know anything about physics, 凡高并不懂得物理 but I think it's very interesting that there was some work done to show that 但非常有趣的是,有研究表明 this eddy pattern in this painting followed a statistical

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

LESSON 41 THE BOY THAT LIKED PLAY 第四十一课 贪玩的孩子 One fine day in summer, a very little boy was sent to school by his mother. 在夏天的一个好天气里,一位妈妈把自己的小儿子送到了学校。 But she knew that he wa

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第一册