He finally asked me! I've been waiting three years for this day. I am so in love. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him. I want a big ceremony and invite all of my family and friends. The ring is beautiful! I have to start looking for t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 推理类英语听力

Taboo 禁忌异域 by Matthew Brown What is normal and acceptable in one culture can seem bizarre and scary to outsiders. 一个文化中被视为理所当然的习俗,在外人眼里可能显得既怪异又恐布。 Traveling to a new place with a

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

AS IT IS 2016-09-01 In Kenya, Growing Support for New Rites of Passage 在肯尼亚,仍旧支持割礼仪式 Communities in southern Kenya are slowly changing practices connected to the traditional ideas of passage from girl to woman. Alternative rit

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

A big thing that I also think about is accidents. 我也时常想到意外。 And as I said, my mother did not believe in randomness. What is the nature of accidents? 如我所说,我母亲从不相信偶然。那意外又是什么? And how are w

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

June 21 -- Midsummer Midsummer was the festival throughout most of England, most of Scotland, Shetland 1 , and the Orkneys 2 . Fires, dancing, games, and various shenanigans 3 involving fertility were

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

Americans Remember September 11, 2001 This is Whats Trending Today. On the morning of September 11, 2001, terrorists connected to al-Qaida hijacked four passenger airplanes. They flew two of them into the World Trade Center, known as the Twin Towers,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect, the link between the mainland and Hong Kong bourses, was launched last Monday. 连接内地与香港证券交易所的深港通于上周一正式启动。 Ceremonies were held simultaneously at the Hong Kong and

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

An Amazon jaguar has been shot dead by the Brazilian army after participating as a 'mascot' for an Olympic torch ceremony in Manaus. 在巴西玛瑙斯的圣火传递活动中,一只作为吉祥物参加活动的美洲豹被巴西军方射杀。 Du

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

As with almost all Christian holidays, Easter has been secularized and commercialized. The dichotomous nature of Easter and its symbols, however, is not necessarily a modern fabrication. 和其它基督教节日一样,复活节正慢慢被世俗和被

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

今天我们要学的词是time-honored。 Time-honored, 历史悠久的,经过时间检验的。The startup company relied on time-honored principles to grow its business, 这家新开办的公司依靠久经检验的商业原则,扩大生意规模

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

英国小王子乔治受洗仪式举行 LONDON, Oct. 23 (Xinhua) -- Prince George, son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, was being christened at the St. James's Palace on Wednesday. He was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury, while the Queen

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I would prefer the traditional service 我还是喜欢传统的仪式 A young couple met with their pastor to set a date for their wedding. When he asked whether they preferred a contemporary or a traditional service, they opted for the contemporary.

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

So, I talked to CD, I say: CD, you did well put at least 10 dollars instead of 2 我和道森说,我说:道森,你至少也应该放10美元在里面吧 And CD came back to me and said, you know we have salary cap, right 道森跟我说,你知道

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

The remaining four candidates for the Republican nomination for the US presidency have faced each other in a televised debate in Florida. The front-runner Donald Trump came under fire for saying that Muslims hate America. He was asked if he thought t

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

unit 384 询问婚礼时间 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:When will the ceremony begin? A:仪式几点开始? B:The ceremony will begin at 9 0'clock. After the ceremony, there's a reception. By the way, do you know why they have chosen September 9t

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

The Beginning of Drama There are many theories about the beginning of drama in ancient Greece. The one most widely accepted today is based on the assumption that drama evolved from ritual. The argument for this view goes as follows. In the beginning,

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Ladies and Gentlemen: please welcome Lakers' president of basketball operations Earvin Magic Johnson. 先生们,女士们,欢迎湖人运营总裁埃文魔术师约翰逊 What's up, Lakers nation? 湖人族,大家好! We are here to celebrate

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

70 years ago today during the Second World War, 200 people trie to get out of a German prison campin Poland. You may know their efforts as they wereportrayed in The Great Escape movie. That was theThe Great Escape movie made by MGM but there wasnot a

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

地点:莫妮卡公寓 人物:瑞秋,莫妮卡,菲比 事件:莫妮卡、瑞秋、菲比三人准备举行仪式告别坏男人。 Rachel: How did we end up with these jerks? We're good people! 瑞秋:我们怎么会和这些浑蛋在一起

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Make Room for Happiness 为快乐腾点空间 If you want something new and different in your life, you must first make room for happiness by moving out the old. 如果你想体验新鲜的东西,首先必须腾出空间。 The question is: Where d

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读