Buddhist Festival in Thailand Celebrates Boys as Princes A colorful festival in northern Thailand holds deep Buddhist meaning for young boys who are celebrated as beloved princes. 泰国北部有一个色彩斑斓的节日,这个节日对于男童来

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Jaguar Killed After Olympic Torch Presentation 美洲豹参与奥运圣火传递仪式因逃跑被击毙 This is Whats Trending Today: 这里是今日热点节目。 A jaguar was killed in Brazil on Monday after it got out of its leash. 周一,巴西

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. (Applause.) Thank you. (Applause.) Please be seated. 奥巴马总统:非常感谢大家。(掌声)谢谢大家。(掌声)请就座。 An earthquake and a hurricane may have delayed this day, but this is a

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

The Passover season is well and truly on us.We're preparing our homes for the festival of freedom, with its special foods and elaborate rituals, one of the oldest religious rituals in the world, and one of Judaism's most sacred moments. What's specia

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

4.The Moment of Pride 4.荣耀的时刻 Today's ceremonies and tonight's banquet have been mighty and memorable events. Nobody who has shared in them will ever forget them, but for the laureates these celebrations have had a unique importance. Each o

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

President Bush Attends Dedication of 9/11 Pentagon Memorial THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Mr. Vice President; Secretary Gates; Madam Speaker; Justices of the Supreme Court; members of my Cabinet and administration; members of Congress; Admiral Mulle

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Mr. Secretary, thank you for the kind introduction. Members of my Cabinet, members of the administration, Admiral Mullen, members of the United States Congress, Senator Warner and Congressman Skelton, members of the militar

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: I want to thank you for the warm welcome to Fort Bragg. It is good to be at the home of the Airborne and Special Operation Forces. This is my fourth visit to Fort Bragg since I have been honored to be the President. Somehow I always f

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush Attends Reopening of the National Museum of American History THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Laura and I are thrilled to be here. We are honored you would invite us to reopen one of the country's great civic institutions -- the Smithsonian'

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Good morning. Scripture tells us, We count as blessed those who have persevered. Secretary Hagel, General Dempsey, members of our Armed Forces, and, most of all, the survivors of that September day and the families of those we lost-Michelle and I are

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

核心句型: I can't tell you the information off the top of my head. 我没办法立刻告诉你准确消息。 off the top of one's head直译过来就是:不在某人的头顶,这个短语的正确意思是:没有经过仔细考虑或仔细

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

美国有线电视新闻网:我们都不知道死亡时什么感觉.现在有一个将在上海开张的体验馆,据说能满足我们的好奇心,让人们体验一把死亡的感觉,当然,这个体验馆不会真的置人于死地. 上海死亡体验

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Thai Soccer Boys Shave Their Heads for Buddhist Ceremony The boys rescued from a flooded cave in Thailand earlier this month have cut all the hair off their heads. Their coach, who also was rescued, has done the same. The head shaving ceremony Tuesda

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Topic 1-How to resist brain-wash style rumors on wechat A Wechat post persuading parents NOT to vaccinate their children has been deemed as falsified information online. Most recently, this wechat group has been terminated. Because of growing complai

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

-Stepping into their shadow?-Yeah. It's like that. -It's 2014. India's got a space program. That's incredible. -That's India. Cremations here are public but rich events. The oldest son of the deceased's family leads the funeral rites. First, the body

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

I would prefer the traditional service 我还是喜欢传统的仪式 A young couple met with their pastor to set a date for their wedding. When he asked whether they preferred a contemporary or a traditional service, they opted for the contemporary.

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Remember this, The Houston from now on for me is not just simply a word 记住,休斯顿三字于我,已不只是一个简单的词语 Every time they mention it, your faces were in my memory, in my brain 每次他们说起这个词,你们大家的

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

But you know what I tell my neighbor, after that match when I've driven home 你知道那场比赛结束后,我回到家后和我的邻居是怎么说的吗 because he turned off the TV minutes before the game over, I told him that 他在比赛还有

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

Thank you for the memory 谢谢你们给我的那些回忆 Thanks to my coaches Rudy Tomjanovich, Jeff Van Gundy,Rick Adelman 谢谢我的历任教练们,鲁迪汤姆贾诺维奇,范甘地,里克阿德尔曼 Their effort and their trust on me

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

Start it? Thank you, thank you, Rockets fans, Thank you 开始吗?谢谢,谢谢,火箭球迷们,谢谢 I like to there are so many thanks I want to send to Rockets, to city of Huston, the community, to Leslie who brought us together 我有太多

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂