S. Africa Prepares for Enormous Crowds at Mandela Memorial 数以万计的南非人民深切悼念曼德拉 JOHANNESBURG Mourners in South Africa are expected to crowd into a football stadium Tuesday for the main public memorial service for former pr

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十二月)

When Fighting Eases, Gazans Line Up at Bakeries 加沙人民趁短暂和平之际购买必需品 GAZA CITY When there is a lull in the conflict in Gaza, residents who have been hunkered down in their apartments rush out to stock up on food and other

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

肯尼亚人民通过掌上微借贷平台进行创业 Samuel Kinuthia, a chef in Nairobi, begins his workday by preparing ingredients for the day's special. He has been a chef for the last 18 years and started his own catering business last year to

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

On August 23, Angolans went to the polls to elect a new parliament, and to determine who would replace President Jose Eduardo dos Santos, who has governed the country for the past 38 years. It was Angola's fourth such election since independence from

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(9月)

The ancient spring festival of Nowruz is currently being celebrated around the world, by, among others, Afghans, Azeris, Americans, Chinese, Iraqis, Kurds, Pakistanis, Persians, and the peoples of Central Asia. 全球各地正在庆祝诺鲁兹节,也

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(三月)

索马里人民为灾荒贡献己力 Minnesota is home to the largest Somali population in the United States. As drought andfamine take a devastating toll on their homeland, Somali immigrants feel an obligation to helpvictims back home. And they are

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

picnic-----------郊游 picture--------- 图画 plane----------- 飞机 place------------地方

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 用听的背单词-基础2000MP3(h-z)

地点状语从句通常由where, wherever 引导。 Where I live there are plenty of trees. 我住的地方树很多。 Wherever I am I will be thinking of you. 不管我在哪里我都会想到你。

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方CET6阅读

Madam Speaker, Vice President Cheney, Members of Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow citizens: 总统:议长女士、切尼副总统、各位国会议员、尊贵的来宾以及各位同胞: Seven years have passed since I first stood befo

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年1月

My People The night is beautiful, So the faces of my people. The stars are beautiful, So the eyes of my people. Beautiful, also, is the sun. Beautiful, also, are the souls of my people. by Langston Hughes 我的人民 夜色美丽, 我的人民的面孔亦美丽。

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

S. Sudans Displaced: Running from Violence, Longing for Peace 因为战事流离失所的南苏丹人民渴望和平 JUBA Violence has displaced hundreds of thousands of people across South Sudan, many of whom have taken refuge at United Nations base

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

Vietnamese Staging Chinese Product Boycott After Oil Rig Spat HANOI China recently pulled an oil rig from an area of the disputed South China Sea that Vietnam also claims. Despite the action, the incident has had a lingering effect on consumers in Vi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

Fog Collector Transforms Maasai Water-Harvesting in Kenya 雾收集器为肯尼亚人民生活带来翻天覆地变化 KISERIAN, KENYA The Maasai people of Kenya are known for their cattle-herding, nomadic lifestyle. But it's an existence that depend

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(七月)

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: During his campaign rally in Florida on Saturday, President Trump seemed to reference a major incident in Sweden, but there was no such event. The internet found the comment confusing and amusing. Swedes are simply baffled. NPR's

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

In the space of a single generation, relations between the United Kingdom and the People's Republic of China have been transformed. Government-to-government and business-to-business links are closer and more varied than ever before. But the most exci

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 林超伦实战口译练习笔记

be open to 乐意接受,愿意考虑,对开放 We are open to a discussion with them. 我们很愿意和他们一起讨论。 This place should be open to everyone. 这个地方应该对每个人都开放。

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Over the last few weeks, I've been talking a lot about America's economic future. 在过去几周,我一直在讨论关于美国经济的未来。 I've told you how I believe we should go about creating strong, sustained growth; 我已经告诉你们我

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Afghan President Hamid Karzai summoned the U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan on Thursday to demand an explanation for continuing civilian casualties caused by coalition troops. The commander, Army General David McKiernan, expressed deep regret a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年4月

Life is returning to normal in parts or northern Georgia - two months after open warfare there between Georgian and Russian troops and Russian-backed separatists from the enclaves of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Russian troops pulled out of their self

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

U.S. President George Bush has expressed solidarity with the people of Pakistan in a phone call with Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani. Mr. Bush talked earlier to former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf. 美国总统布什在跟巴基斯坦总理吉

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月