生活大爆炸第二季第十集_3
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第二季
英语课
Really? Right now?
真的假的?现在吗?
-Stephanie:Why not?
为什么不?
-Leonard:I just ate, aren't you supposed to wait an hour?
be supposed to:应该
刚吃了饭的,饭后不是不能剧烈运动吗?
-Stephanie:I think that's for swimming.
是不能游泳吧。
-Leonard:Oh, okay.
好吧。
I just hope I don't get cramps 2.
cramp 1:痉挛,抽筋
我就希望我不会胃痉挛就行了。
-Penny:Oh, I put your clothes in the dryer 3.
dryer:干衣机
我把你的衣服放到烘干机里了。
-Leonard:Thank you.
谢谢。
-Penny:Your pants are ruined.
你的裤子毁了。
-Leonard:Good.
太好了。
-Penny:So, how did the talk with Stephanie go?
你和斯蒂芬妮谈的如何?
-Leonard:Well, um, on one level, really, really well.
某种意义上讲,谈得超好。
-Penny:So, you told her you wanted to slow things down?
你告诉她你想慢点来啦?
-Leonard:Not specifically,
specifically:明确地
没有讲得这么明确,
but, uh, I did tell her that I had feelings.
不过我的确告诉她了我的感受。
-Penny:Good, good. And then what?
很好嘛,然后呢?
-Leonard:And then, uh, the subject got changed somehow.
subject:主题
然后啊,主题就变了。
-Penny:You had sex, didn't you?
你们上床啦对吧?
-Leonard:Um... little bit.
上了一小下。
-Leonard: What?
什么?
-Penny:Nothing.
没什么。
Okay, well, it sounds like things are going to work out.
好吧,听起来进展顺利。
-Leonard:Yeah, it's all good.
是啊,都很好。
Everything's going to work out.
work out:解决
所有问题都会化解,
One way or another.
不管是怎么化解的。
-Penny:come on, Leonard,
拜托,莱纳德。
You are entitled 4 to try and make
be entitled to:有权
你有权利试着
things go the way you want them to.
让事情按照你喜欢的方式来。
-Leonard:Really?
真的吗?
-Penny:Yes!
是的!
You don't always have to go along with what the woman wants.
go along with:附和
你不一定总是要顺着女人的意思。
What?
怎么了?
-Leonard:Nothing. Just... rethinking my whole life.
没什么,就是在重新思考我的整个人生。
Okay, here's the thing.
好吧,事情是这样的。
I'm afraid that if I ask her to move out, she'll just dump me.
dump:抛弃
我害怕如果我要她搬出去,她会甩了我。
-Penny:Well, it's a chance you have to take.
那你就得冒这个险。
I mean, look, if it's meant to be, it'll be.
be meant to:有意要
我是说,如果注定要这样躲也躲不过。
-Leonard:Very comforting.
comforting:安慰的
真会安慰人。
Okay, so what do I say to her?
好吧,我怎么和她说?
-Penny:I don't know.
我不知道。
I mean, what have women said to you
我的意思是别的女人想要和你慢慢来,
when they wanted to slow a relationship down?
她们是怎么说的?
-Leonard:I really like you,
我真的很喜欢你,
but I want to see how things go with Mark?
但我想看看和马克会怎样?
-Penny:Yeah, that'll slow it down.
是,那倒是可以让你们的关系慢下来。
-Stephanie:I'm sorry, I totally interrupted you.
interrupt:打断
抱歉,我打断你了。
What were you saying?
你刚才说什么来着?
-Leonard:Oh, right, yeah, um...
对,恩…
So, Stephanie, here's the thing.
斯蒂芬妮,是这样的,
I really like you.
我真的很喜欢你。
-Stephanie:Oh, God, here comes the speech.
噢,天哪,你要说那番话了。
-Leonard: What speech?
什么话?
-Stephanie:I really like you,
我真的很喜欢你,
but maybe we should spend a little less time together
但我们或许相处的时间应该再少一点,
cause I need my space
space:空间
因为我想要有一点私人空间。
but I'll call you on Tuesday"
但我会周二打电话给你的,
and then you never call me
接着你再也不会打电话给我了,
so I call you, but you don't call me back
所以只能我打给你,但你不会回我,
and then when I run into you at the coffee shop,
run into:偶遇
接着当我某天在咖啡馆遇见你,
you pretend like you've been having problems
pretend:假装
你假装你的语音信箱
with your voice mail and I know that you're lying,
lying:说谎
好像坏了,但我知道你是在撒谎,
but I pretend like I don't care
但我假装不在乎,
even though I'm dying inside!
即使在心里我已经想死你了。
-Leonard:No!
不是的!
No, no! I wasn't going to say any of that.
不,不是的,我不会那样说的。
I was just going to say...
我刚才是想说…
I really like you.
我是真的很喜欢你。
-Stephanie:Oh, good!
噢,太好了。
'Cause I really like you, too.
因为我也真的很喜欢你。
-Leonard:Terrific.
棒极了[同义:太糟了]。
Hey.
嘿。
-Raj:Hey.
嘿。
-Howard:Hey.
嘿。
nice sweater.
sweater:毛衣
毛衣挺不错的嘛。
-Leonard:Yeah, Stephanie got it for me. It's kind of fun.
恩,斯蒂芬妮给我买的,这衣服挺有趣的。
-Raj:It's got a big bird on it, dude.
dude:(美俚)老兄
上面有一只大鸟诶,老兄。
-Leonard:Yeah, yeah, that's the fun part.
是,是的,这就是它有趣的地方嘛。
We're also getting new curtains for my bedroom,
curtains:窗帘
我们还把我的卧室换了新窗帘,
and a dust ruffle 5, and a duvet,
ruffle:褶皱花边(床围) duvet:羽绒被
还有一个新床罩和一床羽绒被,
and I don't even know what a duvet is,
而我甚至都不知道羽绒被是什么东西,
but I'm pretty sure if I did I wouldn't want one,
但我敢肯定不会是我想要的。
but every time I talk to her about moving out,
但我每次和她说搬出去住的事情,
she cries and we have sex.
她就哭起来然后和我做爱。
-Raj:You're lucky. With me, it's usually the other way around.
the other way around:相反的
你真幸运,和我在一起通常会是另一种结果。
-Howard:You know, if you can't talk to her,
你知道吗,如果你不忍心当面说,
why don't you just text her?
text:编辑短信
为什么不发短信跟她说呢?
-Leonard:Isn't that kind of cowardly?
cowardly:胆小的,怯懦的
不觉得这有点像懦夫的行为吗?
-Howard:Oh, yeah. It's beyond contemptible 6.
contemptible:卑劣的
哦,是的,但总比被欺骗好吧。
-Raj:It's true,
是的。
but on the other hand you are wearing a bird sweater.
但是另一方面你正穿着一件有鸟的毛衣。
-Leonard:Sold.
同意。
I think it would be better for our relationship
我想这会使我们的关系更好,
if you moved back to your place."
如果你搬回你的地方去住。
There. It's done.
看,搞定了。
-Howard:Good for you.
你真棒。
-Leonard:Yeah, good for me. I'll never have sex again.
是的,我真棒,我再也不能享受到性爱了。
I was wrong. See ya.
我错了,回头见。
-Computer:Penny. Penny. Penny.
佩妮,佩妮,佩妮。
-Penny:Sheldon?
谢尔顿?
-Computer: I have an inflamed 7 larynx.
inflamed:发炎的 larynx:喉咙
我喉咙发炎了。
-Penny:Okay?
什么事啊?
-Computer:We're out of herbal tea. Do you have any?
herbal:药草的
我们的药草茶喝完了,你有吗?
-Penny:Okay, let me check.
好的,让我找找啊。
-Computer:Some hiney would be nice, too.
有肛门也不错。
-Penny:Hiney?
肛门[肛门的俚语较粗俗但也很流行]?
-Computer: Honey.
是蜂蜜。
n.痉挛;[pl.](腹)绞痛;vt.限制,束缚
- Winston stopped writing,partly because he was suffering from cramp.温斯顿驻了笔,手指也写麻了。
- The swimmer was seized with a cramp and had to be helped out of the water.那个在游泳的人突然抽起筋来,让别人帮着上了岸。
n.干衣机,干燥剂
- He bought a dryer yesterday.他昨天买了一台干燥机。
- There is a washer and a dryer in the basement.地下室里有洗衣机和烘干机。
有资格的
- You will be entitled to your pension when you reach 65. 你到65岁就有资格享受养老金。
- He entitled us to enter his office at any time. 他授权给我们可以随时进入他的办公室。
v.弄皱,弄乱;激怒,扰乱;n.褶裥饰边
- Don't ruffle my hair.I've just combed it.别把我的头发弄乱了。我刚刚梳好了的。
- You shouldn't ruffle so easily.你不该那么容易发脾气。
adj.可鄙的,可轻视的,卑劣的
- His personal presence is unimpressive and his speech contemptible.他气貌不扬,言语粗俗。
- That was a contemptible trick to play on a friend.那是对朋友玩弄的一出可鄙的把戏。
标签:
生活大爆炸