生活大爆炸第二季第九集_3
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第二季
英语课
-Leonard:All I'm saying is if they can cure yellow fever and malaria 1, why can't they do something about lactose intolerance?
cure:治愈 yellow fever:黄热病 malaria:疟疾 lactose intolerance:乳糖不耐症 lactose:乳糖 intolerance:(对食物、药物等)不耐性
如果他们能治愈黄热病和疟疾,怎么就不想办法治治不耐乳糖症呢?
-Stephanie:Leonard, you're going to have to let this go.
Leonard 别再折磨自己了。
You had a little cheese dip, you farted. I thought it was cute.
cheese dip:乳酪酱 fart:放屁 cute:可爱
吃点乳酪就放屁,我觉得很可爱呀。
-Sheldon:Oh, hi, Stephanie.
噢嗨 Stephanie。
-Stephanie:hi.
-Leonard:Want some more wine?
还要酒吗?
-Stephanie:Yeah, I mean, I assume I'm not driving anywhere tonight.
好的呀,我想今晚我不用开车了。
-Leonard:What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
-Sheldon:I have a craving 2 for white asparagus that apparently 3 is destined 4 to go unsatisfied.
craving:渴望 asparagus:芦笋 destine:注定 unsatisfied:无法满足的
我很渴望吃白芦笋,看情形是没法满足了。
-Leonard:Excuse me.
失陪下。
What the hell is wrong with you?
你到底在干嘛?
-Sheldon:I'm helping 5 you with Stephanie.
我在帮你和Stephanie。
-Leonard:By making constipated moose sounds?
constipated:便秘的 moose:麋鹿
就凭学便秘的麋鹿叫?
-Sheldon:When I fail to open this jar and you succeed, it will establish you as the "alpha" male.
jar:罐 establish:建立 alpha:希腊字母中第一个字母,第一位的 male:男人,雄性
我开不了这瓶罐头而你能打开,就可以树立你的猛男形象。
You see...when a female witnesses an exhibition of physical domination, she produces the hormone 6 oxytocin.
female:女性 witness:见证 exhibition:表现 physical:身体的 domination:统治 hormone:荷尔蒙,激素 oxytocin:后叶催产素(脑下垂体后叶荷尔蒙的一种)
是这样的... 当雄性在雌性面前展现力量优势时,雌性会释放催产素荷尔蒙。
If the two of you then engage in intercourse 7, this will create the biochemical reaction in the brain which lay people naively 8 interpret as "falling in love."
engage in:进行 intercourse:交合 biochemical:生物化学的 reaction:反应 brain:大脑 naively:天真的 interpret:解释
如果你俩之后进行性交,大脑里会产生生化反应,普通人会天真地解释为是"相爱了"。
-Leonard:Would it work if I just punched you in the face?
punch:用拳猛击
那揍你一拳能不能达到效果?
-Sheldon:Yes, actually it would, but let's see how the lid goes.
lid:盖子
嗯,应该可以但我们还是拧盖子吧。
I'm not strong enough, Leonard, you'll have to do it.
我不够强壮 Leonard 你得帮帮我。
-Leonard:Oh, for God's sakes.
噢,上帝呀。
-Sheldon:Go ahead, it's pre-loosened.
loosen:松开
来吧这罐之前开封过的。
-Stephanie:Do you want some help with that?
要不要帮忙?
-Leonard:No, no, no, I got it.
不,不,不,我能搞定。
-Sheldon:No, yeah, yeah, he's got it, and that's not surprising.
是的,是的,他能搞定,不会有意外的。
This is something I long ago came to peace with in my role as the beta male.
peace:安心 role:身份,角色 beta:希腊字母第二字,第二位的东西
我早就安分于自己的小弟身份。
Open it.
快打开。
-Stephanie:Oh, my God, are you okay?
噢,天哪,你还好吧?
-Leonard:No, I'm not. I'm bleeding.
bleed:流血
不,我不好,我在流血。
-Sheldon:Just like a gladiator!
gladiator:格斗士
如角斗士般淌着血!
-Stephanie:Oh, honey, you're going to need stitches.
stitches:缝线
噢,宝贝,你得缝针了。
-Leonard:Stitches? With a needle?
needle:针
缝针? 用针来缝?
-Stephanie:Well, yeah, I mean, just a few.
嗯,是的,用不了几针。
-Leonard:Oh, okay, yeah, hang on a sec.
噢,好的,等一下下。
-Sheldon:FYI,I was defrosting a steak in there.
FYI:For Your Information (供你参考) defrost:使解冻 steak:牛排
那啥,我放了块牛肉在那里解冻。
What a beautiful job Stephanie did.
Stephanie的活干得真漂亮。
I might have gone with a mattress 9 suture instead of a blanket stitch, but you can' argue with her results.
mattress suture:褥式缝合法 mattress:褥垫 suture:缝合 instead of:而不用 blanket stitch:毯边锁缝针法 stitch:一针 argue with:争辩
虽然我更喜欢褥式缝合法而不是毯边锁缝针法,但她的杰作无可挑剔。
It's a shame it won't scar.
scar:使留下伤痕
不会结疤真是可惜了。
The war wound is a time-honored badge of masculinity.
war wound:战伤 time-honored:久负盛名的 badge:标记 masculinity:男子气概
战伤是男子气概的永恒标志。
-Leonard:I can't remember a time when you weren't talking.
我不记得你什么时候消停过。
-Sheldon:Just for the record, my efforts to establish you as the alpha male were not aided by you bursting into tears.
for the record:郑重声明 efforts:努力 aid:帮助 burst into tears:突然大哭
声明一下,我努力为你营造猛男形象,却被你的嚎啕大哭给毁了。
-Leonard:I did not burst into tears, my eyes just got a little watery 10.
watery:充满水的
我才没哭呢,只是我眼睛湿润了一下。
-Sheldon:Watery?
湿润?
-Leonard:She stuck a needle into my hand!
stuck:stick 的过去式,插入,刺入
她可是往我手上插针呀!!
-Stephanie:Hey, how's my big cry baby.
嘿,我的爱哭宝贝怎么样了。
-Leonard:I didn't cry.
我没有哭。
-Stephanie:Okay, I'm just teasing you. But, yeah, you did.
tease:戏弄
好吧,算我在戏弄你,但是你的确哭了。
Okay, it's all good. What do you say we get you home and put you to bed?
很好,伤口没问题,我们把你送回家歇着怎么样?
-Leonard:Oh, are you still going to spend the night?
噢,你还会留下过夜吗?
-Stephanie:Uh, no, I think that you probably need to rest.
probably:大概
呃不了,我想你需要好好休息。
-Sheldon:She's right. As long as you're vomiting 12, coitus is contra-indicated.
As long as:只要 vomit 11:呕吐 coitus:性交 contra-indicated:显示不当,禁忌的
她说的对,只要你还在呕吐性交不会爽到哪里去。
-Leonard:Thank you, Dr. Cooper.
谢谢你 Cooper医生。
-Sheldon:You're welcome, Dr. Hofstadter.
不客气 Hofstadter博士。
-Stephanie:Okay, I'm going to go get your discharge papers.
discharge:获准离开,释放 discharge papers:出院单
好吧,我去拿你的出院单。
-Leonard:What?
干嘛?
-Sheldon:Well, you seem like a perfectly 13 pleasant person. I can't understand why women have such a hard time loving you.
你看上去是个很亲切的人,真不明白要女人爱你咋就那么困难。
-Leonard:Hey, can you open this for me?
嘿,能帮我打开吗?
-Raj:Can I see your stitches?
能看下你的缝线吗?
-Leonard:Sure.
当然。
-Raj:Answering the question once and for all why Wolowitz bailed 15 out of medical school.
once and for all:一次了结地 bail 14 out of:(从飞机上)跳伞降落,这里指退出 bail:保释
一次性地解答了为何Wolowitz退出医学院的问题。
-Penny:Leonard, congratulations.
Leonard 恭喜你。
-Leonard:What for?
恭喜什么?
-Penny:Your Facebook status update.
status:状况 update:更新
你Facebook的状态更新了。
Leonard Hofstadter is in a relationship.
Leonard Hofstadter"恋爱中"。
-Leonard:What? No. No, that's not right.
什么? 不,不,不对啊。
-Howard:Oh, man, did you switch your status before she did?
switch:改变,转换
噢伙计,你在她改状态之前就改了?
Speaking as an expert, way to look needy 16.
expert:专家
身为专家,我不得不说你太饥渴了呗。
-Penny:Seriously? You went first, after only two weeks? That's bold...
bold:勇敢的
真的? 你先改了?才两周诶,真是厉害呀...
-Leonard:It's not bold, it's a mistake. I didn't change my status.
不是厉害是错误,我没有改我的状态呀。
-Penny:Well, then who did?
那是谁改的?
-Sheldon:I had no choice. He cried in front of her.
我没的选择,他在她面前哭了。
-Leonard:You hacked 18 my Facebook account?
hack 17:黑客 account:账号
你黑进我的Facebook账号?
-Sheldon:Oh, it's hardly hacking 19 when you use the same password for everything, "Kal-El."
hardly:几乎不 password:密码
噢,你所有的密码都是"Kal-EL" 这还用得着我黑吗?
-Leonard:Are you insane?
insane:疯狂的
你是不是疯了?
Now she's going to think I'm desperate.
desperate:极需要的
现在她会以为我很心急。
You've destroyed this relationship!
destroy:毁坏
你毁了这段恋情!
And you want to know what the worst part is?
想知道最糟糕的是什么吗?
You don't even understand what you did wrong because you can't conceive of something that you are not an expert in!
conceive of:设想
你甚至不知道自己哪里做错了,因为你不在行的事你是干不来的!!
-Sheldon:In which I am not an expert...
我哪方面不是专家...
-Leonard:Don't even!
别跟我辩!
I don't want to hear another word out of you.
我不想再听你说一个字。
-Penny:What's wrong, Lassie? Timmy fall down the well?
fall down:跌倒 well:井
【Lassie是只狗的名字Timmy是这只狗的主人】
怎么了Lassie ,Timmy掉进井里去了?
She just updated her Facebook status.
她刚刚更新了Facebook状态。
-Howard:"Stephanie Barnett is in a relationship with Leonard Hofstadter."
"Stephanie Barnett和 Leonard Hofstadter恋爱中"。
-Leonard:Really? Oh, look at that. I have a girlfriend.
真的?噢看哪,我有女朋友了。
-Sheldon:If I am permitted to speak again, Dr. Sheldon Cooper for the win.
如果能允许我再次说话,胜利归Sheldon Cooper博士。
n.疟疾
- He had frequent attacks of malaria.他常患疟疾。
- Malaria is a kind of serious malady.疟疾是一种严重的疾病。
n.渴望,热望
- a craving for chocolate 非常想吃巧克力
- She skipped normal meals to satisfy her craving for chocolate and crisps. 她不吃正餐,以便满足自己吃巧克力和炸薯片的渴望。
adv.显然地;表面上,似乎
- An apparently blind alley leads suddenly into an open space.山穷水尽,豁然开朗。
- He was apparently much surprised at the news.他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。
adj.命中注定的;(for)以…为目的地的
- It was destined that they would marry.他们结婚是缘分。
- The shipment is destined for America.这批货物将运往美国。
n.食物的一份&adj.帮助人的,辅助的
- The poor children regularly pony up for a second helping of my hamburger. 那些可怜的孩子们总是要求我把我的汉堡包再给他们一份。
- By doing this, they may at times be helping to restore competition. 这样一来, 他在某些时候,有助于竞争的加强。
n.荷尔蒙,激素,内分泌
- Hormone implants are used as growth boosters.激素植入物被用作生长辅助剂。
- This hormone interacts closely with other hormones in the body.这种荷尔蒙与体內其他荷尔蒙紧密地相互作用。
n.性交;交流,交往,交际
- The magazine becomes a cultural medium of intercourse between the two peoples.该杂志成为两民族间文化交流的媒介。
- There was close intercourse between them.他们过往很密。
adv. 天真地
- They naively assume things can only get better. 他们天真地以为情况只会变好。
- In short, Knox's proposal was ill conceived and naively made. 总而言之,诺克斯的建议考虑不周,显示幼稚。
n.床垫,床褥
- The straw mattress needs to be aired.草垫子该晾一晾了。
- The new mattress I bought sags in the middle.我买的新床垫中间陷了下去。
adj.有水的,水汪汪的;湿的,湿润的
- In his watery eyes there is an expression of distrust.他那含泪的眼睛流露出惊惶失措的神情。
- Her eyes became watery because of the smoke.因为烟熏,她的双眼变得泪汪汪的。
v.呕吐,作呕;n.呕吐物,吐出物
- They gave her salty water to make her vomit.他们给她喝盐水好让她吐出来。
- She was stricken by pain and began to vomit.她感到一阵疼痛,开始呕吐起来。
吐
- Symptoms include diarrhoea and vomiting. 症状有腹泻和呕吐。
- Especially when I feel seasick, I can't stand watching someone else vomiting." 尤其晕船的时候,看不得人家呕。”
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。
v.舀(水),保释;n.保证金,保释,保释人
- One of the prisoner's friends offered to bail him out.犯人的一个朋友答应保释他出来。
- She has been granted conditional bail.她被准予有条件保释。
保释,帮助脱离困境( bail的过去式和过去分词 )
- Fortunately the pilot bailed out before the plane crashed. 飞机坠毁之前,驾驶员幸运地跳伞了。
- Some water had been shipped and the cook bailed it out. 船里进了些水,厨师把水舀了出去。
adj.贫穷的,贫困的,生活艰苦的
- Although he was poor,he was quite generous to his needy friends.他虽穷,但对贫苦的朋友很慷慨。
- They awarded scholarships to needy students.他们给贫苦学生颁发奖学金。
n.劈,砍,出租马车;v.劈,砍,干咳
- He made a hack at the log.他朝圆木上砍了一下。
- Early settlers had to hack out a clearing in the forest where they could grow crops.早期移民不得不在森林里劈出空地种庄稼。
标签:
生活大爆炸