时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第二季


英语课

   -Penny:New shirts?


  新衬衣吗?
  -Leonard:Yeah, a couple.
  对,刚买几件。
  -Penny:Nice.
  不错嘛。
  -Leonard:thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Penny:So, who's the girl?
  那妞儿是谁?
  -Leonard:I'm sorry?
  你说什么?
  -Penny:Well, last time you bought a new shirt was when we were dating.
  上回你买新衬衫,就是咱俩约会的时候。
  -Leonard:So what we did was in fact dating?
  in fact:实际上
  这么说,咱俩那真算约会了?
  -Penny:Well, yeah, we did have a date.
  是啊,我们是约了一次。
  -Leonard:Exactly. Thank you.
  正是,谢谢。
  Do me a favor. Tell Koothrappali that next time you see him.
  帮我个忙吧,下回看到Koothrappali 告诉他(咱俩约过一回)。
  -Penny:So, who is she?
  我说,她是谁哦?
  -Leonard:Oh, she's a doctor.
  哦,是个医生。
  -Penny:Oh, nice.
  哟不错嘛。
  A doctor doctor, or a you kind of doctor?
  doctor:医生,博士
  是正牌医生呢,还是你这样的博士?
  -Leonard:Doctor doctor. Surgical 1 resident. Smart, pretty.
  Surgical:外科手术的 resident:住院医师
  人家就是医生,外科住院医生,又聪明,又漂亮。
  Let me ask you something.
  我来问问你。
  If your friend thinks he's dating someone, but he's not because, in fact,
  如果你的朋友觉得自己在和一妞儿约会,可其实不是,
  you're dating her, does that make you a bad person?
  因为你在和她约会,你这样是不是不厚道啊?
  -Penny:Well, that depends.
  这也得看情况。
  -Leonard:On What?
  看啥情况?
  -Penny:Is that friend Wolowitz?
  那朋友是不是Wolowitz?
  -Leonard:Yeah.
  对。
  -Penny:Screw him. You're fine.
  去死吧他,你没做错。
  -Leonard:Are you sure?
  真的吗?
  -Penny:Well, have you slept with her yet?
  跟她上床了没有?
  You dog!
  小子你行啊!
  Good for you.
  挺好的。
  -Leonard:Does that change things?
  上床了有啥不一样咩?
  -Penny:No.
  没有。
  -Leonard:So why'd you ask?
  那你干嘛要问?
  -Penny:I'm nosy 2. See ya.
  我八卦呗,回见。
  -Howard’ mother:Howard, get the door!
  Howard 快开门!
  -Howard:Really? Is that what you do when someone knocks?
  knock:敲门
  真的? 有人敲门你就这德行吗?
  Thank you. I had no idea!
  多谢你啊! 我总算知道了!
  Hey, buddy 3. What brings you to my little slice of hell?
  buddy:老兄 hell:地狱
  嘿兄弟,什么风把你吹到我的地狱小屋来了?
  -Howard’ mother:Who is it?
  是谁啊?
  -Howard:It's Leonard!
  是Leonard!
  -Howard’ mother:You're gonna have to play outside!
  要玩别进屋玩啊!
  I'm not dressed to receive!
  receive:接待
  我衣冠不整没法见人!
  -Howard:No one cares, Ma! So, what's up?
  没人要见你,老妈! 怎么了?
  -Leonard:Listen, I need to talk to you about something.
  有件事我得跟你谈谈。
  -Howard:Moment to. Yello.
  等一下下噻,里好~
  Oh, Stephanie, thanks for calling me back. I was worried...
  喔Stephanie,谢谢你回我电话,我正担心...
  No, I understand. Sure, we can be friends. Absolutely.
  没事,我理解啦,我们还是朋友,当然啦。
  Thanks for calling.
  谢谢你打电话来。
  Yeah, you have a nice day, too.
  嗯,也祝你今天愉快。
  You are dead to me.
  你死定了。
  -Raj:Okay, who gets the extra dumpling?
  extra:多余的 dumpling:饺子
  多余的这份饺子谁吃?
  -Together:Rock-paper-scissors- lizard-Spock.
  石头-剪子-布-蜥蜴-史波克。
  -Sheldon:Okay, one of us is going to have to stop putting up Spock.
  我说,得有一个人不能再出史波克了啊。
  -Howard:How do we decide that?
  怎么决定是谁呢?
  -Together:Rock-paper-scissors- lizard-Spock.
  石头-剪子-布-蜥蜴-史波克。
  -Leonard:Oh, hey, guys.
  大家好。
  -Sheldon:Hello.
  -Raj:hi
  好啊。
  -Leonard:Hi, Howard.
  嗨,Howard。
  Howard?
  Howard?
  -Howard:Sheldon.
  Sheldon
  -Sheldon:Howard is employing a schoolyard paradigm 4 in which you are,
  employ:使用 schoolyard:运动场,操场 paradigm:范例
  Howard决定使用操场模型,在这个模型里
  for all intents and purposes, deceased.
  intents:目标 purposes :目的 deceased:死者
  无论从哪一点看,你都是死的。
  He intends to act on this by not speaking to you,
  intend:打算
  他希望恪守这一规范,所以不和你说话。
  feigning 6 an inability to hear you when you speak
  feign 5:假装 inability:不能
  你说话的时候也假装听不见,
  and otherwise refusing to acknowledge your existence.
  otherwise:否则,不然 refuse:拒绝 acknowledge:承认 existence:存在
  不然就拒绝承认你的存在。
  -Leonard:That's just ridiculous.
  ridiculous:可笑的,荒谬的
  这也太可笑了。
  Why are you cooperating with him?
  cooperating with:合作
  你怎么成他同伙了?
  -Sheldon:I don't make the rules, Leonard.
  规矩不是我定的Leonard。
  -Leonard:Howard, come on. I didn't plan on this. These things just happen.
  Howard得了吧,我又不是故意的,事情就是发生了嘛。
  Usually not to me, but they do happen.
  一般呢,我撞不上,不过这种事情还是会有。
  -Howard:Did someone just feel a cold breeze?
  breeze:轻风
  你们有没有感到一阵阴风?
  -Sheldon:I believe this is an extension of the death metaphor 7.
  extension:延伸 metaphor:比喻
  这也算是"死亡隐喻"的延伸含义吧。
  The cold breeze is the so-called ectoplasmic issue of a disembodied soul passing by.
  so-called:所谓的 ectoplasmic:(生物)外质 issue:组织 ectoplasmic issue:空灵物
  disembodied:无实体的soul:灵魂 passing by:经过
  阴风就是灵魂的躯壳飘过的结果,所谓的空灵物。
  -Raj:You know, screw it. I'm just gonna eat the dumpling.
  不要废话,饺子你们不吃我吃了。
  -Leonard:Oh, hi, Steph. Come on in.
  嗨,Steph快进来。
  -Woman:Is this a bad time?
  我来的不时候?
  -Leonard:Yeah, but I don't see a better one on the horizon, so...
  horizon:前景,范围
  对,不过眼下也瞅不见更好的时候。
  -Howard:Oh, if it isn't Mrs. Dead to Me.
  哦,这不是"死定了"夫人嘛。
  -Woman:Hello, Howard.
  你好,Howard。
  -Howard:Sheldon?
  Sheldon?
  -Sheldon:I'm sorry, you violated the terms of your metaphor by acknowledging her existence.
  violate:违反 terms:条款 metaphor:隐喻 acknowledge:承认 existence:存在
  对不起,你违背了自己的隐喻条款承认了她的存在。
  I'm out.
  我不玩了。
  -Leonard:He just won't listen to me.
  他就是不听我说。
  -Woman:Okay, I guess it'll just be the three of us then.
  好,那估计就我们三个玩了吧。
  -Leonard:Lisa's gonna be disappointed.
  disappointed:失望的
  Lisa一定失望死了。
  -Woman:Yeah.
  没错。
  -Howard:Lisa?
  Lisa?
  -Woman:Yeah, my roommate. She just went through a really bad breakup
  roommate:室友 breakup:分手
  对啊,我室友,刚分手伤心得要死。
  and I thought she might like to meet somebody fun like you.
  我想,要是她碰上个有意思的人,比如你,肯定很开心。
  -Howard:Leonard, Stephanie, you're alive! It's a miracle!
  miracle:奇迹
  Leonard、Stephanie 你们活过来了! 神啊,奇迹出现了!
  -Howard:So, anyway, Lisa, I just wanted to tell you again how much I enjoyed the other night,
  the other night:不久前的那个夜里
  Lisa 我就是告诉你那天晚上我很开心,
  and again, I'm sorry for how it ended.
  再次抱歉啦,结局不怎么好。
  But again, if you could let me know about Friday.
  不过希望你尽快告诉我周五是否可以来。
  My mother needs a head count so she can know how big a brisket to get.
  head count:人数 brisket:胸肉
  我妈急着数人头呢,好知道得做多大的胸肉。
  -Leonard:Howard, Howard, look at this.
  Howard,Howard 瞧瞧这个!
  -Howard:Anyway, call me. It's Howard.
  打给我哦,我是Howard。
  -News:the possibility of life On Mars has long fascinated scientists
  possibility:可能性 Mars:火星 fascinate:使着迷 layperson:外行
  长久以来,关于火星上有无生命的猜想
  and laypersons alike.
  让很多科学家和门外汉都神魂颠倒。
  It's unclear how the Mars Rover got into the crevice 8, but one thing's certain:
  crevice:(尤指岩石的)裂缝
  目前还不知道火星探测器是怎么进入了裂隙,但有一点可以肯定:
  The data which it has sent back contain the first clear indications
  sent back:发回 indication:迹象
  它发回的数据中第一次清楚显示,
  that there may have been life on Mars.
  火星上曾可能有过生命迹象。
  It's a scientific discovery that has staggering implications for all mankind.
  scientific discovery:科学发现 stagger:使震惊 implications:牵连
  这一科学发现对全人类来说,都是惊人的成就。
  Unfortunately, we'll never know who's responsible.
  responsible:负有责任的
  可惜的是,再也无法得知这一切的始作俑者究竟是谁。
  -Howard:Son of a bitch.
  他奶奶的。

adj.外科的,外科医生的,手术上的
  • He performs the surgical operations at the Red Cross Hospital.他在红十字会医院做外科手术。
  • All surgical instruments must be sterilised before use.所有的外科手术器械在使用之前,必须消毒。
adj.鼻子大的,好管闲事的,爱追问的;n.大鼻者
  • Our nosy neighbours are always looking in through our windows.好管闲事的邻居总是从我们的窗口望进来。
  • My landlord is so nosy.He comes by twice a month to inspect my apartment.我的房东很烦人,他每个月都要到我公寓视察两次。
n.(美口)密友,伙伴
  • Calm down,buddy.What's the trouble?压压气,老兄。有什么麻烦吗?
  • Get out of my way,buddy!别挡道了,你这家伙!
n.例子,模范,词形变化表
  • He had become the paradigm of the successful man. 他已经成为成功人士的典范。
  • Moreover,the results of this research can be the new learning paradigm for digital design studios.除此之外,本研究的研究成果也可以为数位设计课程建立一个新的学习范例。
vt.假装,佯作
  • He used to feign an excuse.他惯于伪造口实。
  • She knew that her efforts to feign cheerfulness weren't convincing.她明白自己强作欢颜是瞒不了谁的。
假装,伪装( feign的现在分词 ); 捏造(借口、理由等)
  • He survived the massacre by feigning death. 他装死才在大屠杀中死里逃生。
  • She shrugged, feigning nonchalance. 她耸耸肩,装出一副无所谓的样子。
n.隐喻,暗喻
  • Using metaphor,we say that computers have senses and a memory.打个比方,我们可以说计算机有感觉和记忆力。
  • In poetry the rose is often a metaphor for love.玫瑰在诗中通常作为爱的象征。
n.(岩石、墙等)裂缝;缺口
  • I saw a plant growing out of a crevice in the wall.我看到墙缝里长出一棵草来。
  • He edged the tool into the crevice.他把刀具插进裂缝里。
标签: 生活大爆炸