生活大爆炸第二季第八集_1The Lizard-Spock Expansion
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:生活大爆炸第二季
英语课
-Sheldon:Oh, look, Saturn 1 3 is on.
Saturn:土星
看啊,正在放"土星三号"呢(电影提名过金酸莓奖)。
-Raj:I don't want to watch Saturn 3. Deep Space Nine is better.
我不想看"土星三号" "深空九号"更好看(电视剧 "星际旅行: 深空九号")。
-Sheldon:How is Deep Space Nine better than Saturn 3?
深空九号哪有"土星三号"好看?
-Raj:Simple subtraction 2 will tell you it's six better.
Simple:简单的 subtraction:减法
简单的减法告诉你,好看六个数儿。
-Leonard:Compromise. Watch Babylon 5.
Compromise:妥协,折中
折衷一下,看"巴比伦五号"好了(科幻电视剧 1993-1998)。
-Sheldon:In what sense is that a compromise?
sense:道理
这是哪门子折衷啊?
-Leonard:Well, five is partway between three...
partway:中途
恩,五处在三和九之间...
Never mind.
算了。
-Raj:I'll tell you what. How about we go rock-paper-scissors?
rock-paper-scissors:石头剪子布 rock:石头 scissors:剪刀
要不这样,我们来用石头剪子布决定。
-Sheldon:Ooh, I don't think so.
不行,我不干。
Anecdotal evidence suggests that in the game of rock-paper-scissors,
Anecdotal:轶事的 evidence:证据
数据统计显示在石头-剪子-布中,
players familiar with each other will tie 75 to 80% of the time due to the limited number of
tie:平局 due to:由于 limited:有限的
由于出法太少,相熟的玩家有75%到80%的可能性会打平。
outcomes.
outcomes:结果
I suggest rock-paper-scissors- lizard 3-Spock.
lizard:蜥蜴 Spock:史波克,星际旅行中的尖耳朵副舰长
我建议采用石头-剪刀-布-蜥蜴-史波克(星际旅行中的尖耳朵副舰长)。
-Raj:What?
什么?
-Sheldon:It's very simple.
很简单。
Scissors cuts paper.
剪子剪布。
Paper covers rock.
布包石头。
Rock crushes lizard.
crush:压碎
石头压蜥蜴。
Lizard poisons Spock.
poison:毒死
蜥蜴毒死史波克。
Spock smashes scissors.
smash:打碎,捣烂
史波克轰碎剪子。
Scissors decapitates lizard.
decapitate:杀头
剪子腰斩蜥蜴。(Sheldon出的手势为Spock的常用手势)
Lizard eats paper.
蜥蜴吃布。
Paper disproves Spock.
disprove:反驳
布否定史波克。
Spock vaporizes rock.
vaporize:使蒸发
史波克蒸发石头。
And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.
再加上一如既往的规则,石头砸剪子。
-Raj:Okay, I think I got it.
行啊,我应该会玩了。
-Sheldon and Raj:Rock-paper-scissors- lizard-Spock!
石头-剪刀-布-蜥蜴-史波克。
-Howard:Hello, boys.
嗨,伙计们。
-Leonard:Ahoy, matey.
matey:朋友
啊嗬,朋友。
-Howard:Noticed the eye patch, did you?
patch:眼罩
看见这个眼罩了,对吧?
It's all part of a technique I've been studying for picking up women.
technique:技巧
这是我泡妞宝典中的一种技巧。
You employ a visual display designed to make yourself distinctive 4 and memorable 5.
employ:利用 visual:视觉的 display:显示 design:设计
distinctive:与众不同的 memorable:值得记忆的
给别人视觉上的冲击力,让你显的与众不同。
-Sheldon:Oh, yes, like the male peacock with brilliant plumage or the rutting baboon 6 with engorged hindquarters.
male:雄性的 peacock:孔雀 brilliant:闪光的 plumage:羽毛 rutting:发情的baboon:狒狒 engorged:塞得满满的 hindquarters:后臀
就像雄孔雀有漂亮的羽毛或者发情的狒狒有隆起的臀部一样。
-Leonard:Or in this case, the bar mitzvah boy with pinkeye.
bar mitzvah:年满十三岁开始尽成年人的宗教义务的犹太男子 pinkeye:结膜炎,红眼病
或者可以这么说像一个得红眼病的犹太男。
-Howard:Mock me if you will, but it works.
Mock:愚弄,嘲笑
尽管嘲笑我吧,不过这招确实有用。
You show up at a club in something distinctive, scope out your target and toss out some negs.
show up:到场 club:俱乐部 distinctive:与众不同的 scope:寻找
target:目标 toss out:扔掉
你穿成这样去泡吧,寻找你的目标然后抛出几句"反话"。
-Raj:What are negs?
啥叫"反话"?
-Howard:A neg is a negative compliment that throws a pretty woman off her game,
negative:负的,否定的 compliment:恭维话
就是反向的恭维,让漂亮女性忘了她们的小缺陷。
like "Normally, I'm not turned on by big teeth, but on you, they work."
好比这样,"通常情况,牙有些大的女士不会让我动心,但你就不一样了"。
I got a whole list of them. Who wants to be my wingman?
wingman:帮朋友泡女孩的人
我有一大堆招数呢,谁想做我的泡妞搭档。
-Leonard:You're not gonna need a wingman.
gonna= going to
你用不着找个泡妞搭档,
You're gonna need a paramedic.
paramedic:护理人员
你应该找个护理搭档。
-Penny:Howard, your scooter's blocking my car.
scooter:(速可达牌)摩托车 block:堵塞
Howard你的摩托挡住我的车了。
Aw, did you get pinkeye again?
pinkeye:传染性结膜炎,红眼病
喔,你又得红眼病了?
-Howard:Step one: she notices the eye patch.
notice:注意到 eye patch:眼罩
第一步,她注意到了我的眼罩。
May I say, Penny, not a lot of women could look as hot as you do with such greasy 7 hair?
greasy:油腻的
这么说吧,Penny不是所有女人都和你一样,头发油油的还这么性感。
-Penny:Yeah, just move your stupid scooter before I pick it up and throw it in the dumpster.
dumpster:垃圾箱
赶紧把你那破摩托车开走,不然我马上扔进垃圾堆。
-Sheldon:I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch The Clone Wars TV series until I've seen The Clone Wars movie.
Clone:克隆人 TV series:电视剧
对不起,我现在不看克隆人战争的电视剧,我得先看电影版。
I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.
prefer to:宁愿 disappoint:使失望
乔治卢卡斯肯定会让我失望,就顺着他的顺序来吧。
-Leonard:Well, I want to watch it now.
我现在就要看。
-Sheldon:Then I believe we've arrived at another quintessential rock-paper-scissors- lizard-Spock moment.
quintessential:精粹的
那又到了石头-剪子-布-蜥蜴-史波克的经典一刻了。
-Leonard:Watch whatever you want.
你爱看什么看什么吧。
-Raj:I saw what you did there.
我看到你的魄力了。
-Sheldon:What'd I do?
我的魄力?
-Leonard:Hello. Hey, Howard. What's wrong?
嗨,Howard什么事?
Okay. Okay, we'll be right there.
好,好,我们这就过去。
-Sheldon:What happened?
发生什么事了?
-Leonard:Howard's at the Mars Rover lab. He says he's in trouble.
Mars:火星 Rover:漫游者
Howard在火星探测器实验室,他说遇到麻烦了。
Defcon 5.
Defcon 5:美国军队戒备状态代号
五级战备状态。
-Sheldon:Defcon 5?
五级战备状态?
Well, there's no need to rush.
rush:冲,奔
这么说用不着急着赶过去。
-Leonard:What?
什么?
-Sheldon:Defcon 5 means "no danger."
五级战备状态意味着"没有危险"。
Defcon 1 is a crisis.
crisis:危机
一级战备状态才是危机来临。
-Leonard:How can 5 not be worse than 1?
五级怎么会还不如一级?
-Raj:Yeah, Star Trek 8 V worse than I.
Star Trek:星际迷航
就是啊,星际迷航第五部比第一部难看。
-Sheldon:Okay, first of all, that's a comparison of quality, not intensity 9.
comparison:比较 quality:质量 intensity:强烈程度
首先来说,我们比较的是影片的品质而不是激烈程度。
Secondly 10, Star Trek I is orders-of-magnitude worse than Star Trek V.
orders-of-magnitude:数量级 magnitude:巨大
再说,星战迷航第一部差第五部不止一个数量级。
-Raj:Are you joking?
你开什么玩笑?
Star Trek V is the standard against which all badness is measured.
standard:标准 measure:衡量
星际迷航5简直就是没有最烂只有更烂的最好诠释。
-Sheldon:No, no.
不对,不对。
Star Trek V has specific failures in writing and direction,
specific:明确的 failures:失败 writing:剧本 direction:导演
星际迷航5只是剧本失败,导演很烂。
while Star Trek I fails across the board: art direction, costuming, music, sound editing.
costuming:服装 sound editing:声效剪辑
但星际迷航1所有部分都很烂,艺术执导、服装、配乐、音效剪辑。
-Leonard:Can we just forget I said Defcon and go?
不要再纠结战备状态了,赶快走吧。
-Raj:Star Trek V.
星际迷航5。
-Sheldon:All right, will you at least stipulate 11 that Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is inarguably the best?
stipulate:约定,证明 Voyage:航行 inarguably:不容争辩地
至少你得承认"星际迷航4:重回地球" 是最好看的,这毫无争议。
-Raj:I have three words for you: Wrath 12 of Khan.
Wrath:愤怒
送你五个字,凯恩的愤怒 (星际迷航2 ,Khan也是印度及某些中亚国家的统治者)。
-Howard:Oh, thank God, you're here.
感谢上帝,你们可来了。
-Leonard:What's the emergency?
emergency:紧急情况
什么事这么急?
-Howard:I got the Mars Rover stuck in a ditch.
stuck:不能动,被卡住 ditch:沟
我把火星探测器卡在一条裂沟里了。
-Sheldon:Where?
在哪里?
-Howard:On a dusty highway just outside Bakersfield.
dusty:布满灰尘的 highway:公路
Bekersfield郊外,一条脏兮兮的高速公路上。
Where do you think? On Mars!
Mars:火星
还能在哪儿啊?! 火星呗!
-Woman:Howard, is everything okay?
Howard没事吧?
-Howard:Yeah, baby, I'll be right in.
当然,宝贝我就来。
-Sheldon:You brought a girl to the Mars Rover control room?
Rover:漫游者,探测器 control:控制
你还把姑娘带进了火星探测器控制室?
-Howard:Yeah, I picked her up in the bar. She's a doctor.
bar:酒吧
是啊,我在酒吧搭上她的,她是个医生。
One free barium enema, and my mother won't care she's not Jewish.
barium:钡 enema:灌肠 Jewish:犹太人
送一次免费的钡餐灌肠,我妈肯定再不介意她不是犹太人了。
-Leonard:Wait a minute. So the eye patch and the insults worked?
insult:冒犯,反向恭维
等一下,这么说眼罩和反向恭维奏效了。
-Howard:No, there were three other guys with eye patches.
没有,那里还有三个带眼罩的,
It was a fiasco.
fiasco:惨败
简直一败涂地。
What did work was, "How'd you like to visit a secret government facility?"
government:政府 facility:设施
奏效的是这招: 你想不想参观一处秘密政府设施?
-Sheldon:So what exactly do you want us to do?
那你到底要我们做些什么?
-Howard:I need you and Raj to help me get the Rover out of the ditch
Rover:探测器 ditch:沟
我要你和Raj帮我把火星探测器从沟里拖出来,
and I need you to get Stephanie out before somebody notices she's here.
你呢,在别人发现之前把Stephanie从这带走。
She doesn't exactly have clearance 13.
clearance:许可,批准
她进来都没开证明。
-Sheldon:Really? They don't let strange women from honky-tonks
honky-tonk:下等酒馆
真的吗? 这儿不许泡廉价酒馆的女人进来,
come in and play with $200 million government projects on distant planets?
projects:项目 distant:遥远的 planets:行星
拿遥远星球上价值2亿的政府装备当玩具玩?
-Howard:Yes, I was bad.
好吧,我错了。
Maybe she'll spank 14 me.
spank:用手掌打
也许她会给我一巴掌。
Can we please move on?
开始行动了好吧?
-Woman:Hey, Howard, you know, it's getting late, so do I get to drive this thing or what?
嗨,Howard 时间不早了,我能开始操纵这玩意儿了吗?
-Howard:Yeah. No. I'm sorry, but something's come up.
come up:发生
不好意思,出了点状况。
Kind of a Mars Rover...
火星探测器...
Mars Rover can Howard come over...
come over:解决
只有Howard才能解决的,火星探测器...
situation.
的状况。
So my friend Leonard is gonna take you home.
gonna= going to
所以我的朋友Leonard会送你回家。
-Woman:Oh, okay. Let's go, friend Leonard.
哦,好吧,咱们走Leonard朋友。
-Leonard:okay.
好吧。
-Howard:I'll call ya.
我会给你打电话的。
-Woman:Yeah.
好的。
So are you a scientist like Howard?
这么说你和Howard一样是个科学家?
-Leonard:No one's a scientist like Howard.
没有哪个科学家和Howard一样。
-Howard:My mother is so gonna love her.
我老妈肯定会爱死她的。
-Sheldon:How nice. Maybe they can carpool when they visit you in federal prison.
carpool:合伙使用汽车 federal prison:联邦监狱
真甜蜜阿,也许她们会一起拼车来联邦监狱探视你。
-Woman:I'm sorry. I totally interrupted you.
interrupt:打断
对不起,我打断你了。
What, what, what were you saying?
你刚才说...说些什么?
-Leonard:Just said Howard's a terrific guy.
terrific:极好的
我就是说Howard是个棒小伙。
He's got a great sense of humor.
sense of humor:幽默感
他很有幽默感的,
He loves his mother... a lot.
也爱他老妈... 爱极了。
People say "too much."
大家都觉得"太过了"。
-Woman:I really like that you're such a loyal friend.
loyal:忠诚的
我就喜欢你这种仗义朋友型的。
-Leonard:Yeah, I am loyal.
对,我很仗义的。
You know, if you look at the big picture.
big picture:大局
当然要整体来看。
Out of curiosity, did he ever have a shot with you?
curiosity:好奇心
我就好奇问一句,你对他有过感觉吗?
-Woman:Are you insane? The guy was wearing an eye patch.
insane:疯狂的
不是吧? 那家伙戴着独眼罩的诶。
-Leonard:Then why did you...
那为什么你...
-Woman:He said that I could drive a car on Mars.
他说我可以在火星上开车玩。
-Leonard:Got it.
了解了。
So, can I see you again?
我们会再见面吗?
-Woman:You're not gonna see me now.
现在你肯定看不见我咯。
-Leonard:Cool.
爽哟。
-Howard:Anything?
有反应了吗?
-Raj:Actually, I was just checking my e-mail.
check:检查
其实我是在查我的电邮。
n.农神,土星
- Astronomers used to ask why only Saturn has rings.天文学家们过去一直感到奇怪,为什么只有土星有光环。
- These comparisons suggested that Saturn is made of lighter materials.这些比较告诉我们,土星由较轻的物质构成。
n.减法,减去
- We do addition and subtraction in arithmetic.在算术里,我们作加减运算。
- They made a subtraction of 50 dollars from my salary.他们从我的薪水里扣除了五十美元。
n.蜥蜴,壁虎
- A chameleon is a kind of lizard.变色龙是一种蜥蜴。
- The lizard darted out its tongue at the insect.蜥蜴伸出舌头去吃小昆虫。
adj.特别的,有特色的,与众不同的
- She has a very distinctive way of walking.她走路的样子与别人很不相同。
- This bird has several distinctive features.这个鸟具有几种突出的特征。
adj.值得回忆的,难忘的,特别的,显著的
- This was indeed the most memorable day of my life.这的确是我一生中最值得怀念的日子。
- The veteran soldier has fought many memorable battles.这个老兵参加过许多难忘的战斗。
n.狒狒
- A baboon is a large monkey that lives in Africa.狒狒是一种生活在非洲的大猴子。
- As long as the baboon holds on to what it wants,it's trapped.只要狒狒紧抓住想要的东西不放手,它就会被牢牢困住。
adj. 多脂的,油脂的
- He bought a heavy-duty cleanser to clean his greasy oven.昨天他买了强力清洁剂来清洗油污的炉子。
- You loathe the smell of greasy food when you are seasick.当你晕船时,你会厌恶油腻的气味。
vi.作长途艰辛的旅行;n.长途艰苦的旅行
- We often go pony-trek in the summer.夏季我们经常骑马旅行。
- It took us the whole day to trek across the rocky terrain.我们花了一整天的时间艰难地穿过那片遍布岩石的地带。
n.强烈,剧烈;强度;烈度
- I didn't realize the intensity of people's feelings on this issue.我没有意识到这一问题能引起群情激奋。
- The strike is growing in intensity.罢工日益加剧。
adv.第二,其次
- Secondly,use your own head and present your point of view.第二,动脑筋提出自己的见解。
- Secondly it is necessary to define the applied load.其次,需要确定所作用的载荷。
vt.规定,(作为条件)讲定,保证
- International rules stipulate the number of foreign entrants.国际规则规定了外国参赛者的人数。
- Some manufacturers stipulate the price at which their goods are to be sold.有些制造商规定出售他们生产的商品的价格。
n.愤怒,愤慨,暴怒
- His silence marked his wrath. 他的沉默表明了他的愤怒。
- The wrath of the people is now aroused. 人们被激怒了。
n.净空;许可(证);清算;清除,清理
- There was a clearance of only ten centimetres between the two walls.两堵墙之间只有十厘米的空隙。
- The ship sailed as soon as it got clearance. 那艘船一办好离港手续立刻启航了。
标签:
生活大爆炸