The everyday things we do mean people on the other side of the world have everyday battle to survive. The L island in the middle of Pacific appeared xx, but on the ground it is the hellish kind of paradise. It looks like the aftermath of S, but this

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

Narcissus was a handsome youth. His lovely face and graceful form were the admiration of all who looked upon him. And he knew it. He was proud that he thought no one but himself was worthy to see his youthful beauty. Thus given up to sweet thoughts o

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英文童话故事

Could an element commonly found in Americans` tap water caused cancer? A nonprofit environmental group is sounding the alarm about something called chromium-6. The U.S. government says high levels of it in the air can be carcinogenic, meaning they ca

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年2月

Heres something we tend to take for granted: drop a few ice cubes into a glass of water at room temperature, and in a few minutes the water will cool. How does this work? 有件事情我们总觉得理所当然:室温下把一些冰块放入水中,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Members of a Beijing diving club had the chance to experience China's Great Wall in a way few others have by exploring a section of the landmark that was submerged in the cloudy waters of a reservoir. There is no doubting that the Great Wall of Chin

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

It is summertime. The park has many trees. It has a baseball field. It has a water fountain. The water is cool. Kids play in the water fountain. Their feet get wet. Their clothes get wet. They sit down in the fountain. They run around in the fountain

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 儿童英语小故事

According to the World Health Organization, which is part of the United Nations, more than 2 billion people around the world dont have clean drinking water in their homes. Thats about 28 percent of the entire worlds population. 世界卫生组织隶属

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年3月

There is an interesting twist on matrimony. To tie the knot, two couples in Jinan city have taken the plunge. You may need swimming lessons if you want to get married like two couples in eastern China's Shandong province. They tied the knot underwate

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Nor I, sir, Captain Nemo answered me. I never touch the flesh of land animals. 先生,尼摩船长回答,我从来也不吃陆上动物的肉。 Nevertheless, this...I went on, pointing to a dish where some slices of loin were still left. 不过,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Sir, even though you've cut yourself off from humanity, I can see that you haven't disowned all human feeling. 先生,您虽然跟人类世界不相往来,但我想您还没有公开否认人的情感。 We're castaways whom you've charitably taken

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Pardon me, sir, I went on, but that's merely the freedom that every prisoner has, the freedom to pace his cell! That's not enough for us. 请原谅,先生,这种自由不过是国徒可以在监狱中走动的自由!这种自由对于我们并不

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物