4. Be involved in She has been involved in politics for years. The company is currently involved in a lawsuit. I read about it in the newspaper.

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳疯狂英语口语突破MP3

Being Sued Ally: Hello, Ally McNeal. Jerry: Ally, this is Jerry Mason. I need to talk to you right away. Were being sued and weve just been served. This is one of those times I wish we had in-house counsel. Ally: Jerry, you know that our firm will do

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

Now: a big win overnight for U.S. banks and credit card companies. It goes back to a long-brewing battle over whether consumers have the right to bring class-action lawsuits against those companies. William Brangham has the details. Until recently, c

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

1. In Belgrade, rioters break into the US embassy, setting fire to an office after a massive protest against Kosovo's independence. And inside, a charred body is found. 2. The New York Times is standing by its story about John McCain's relationship

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(二)月

必背句型: A:I'm awfully sorry about his violation of such an interest. 我听到他侵犯这样的权益很难过。 B:I'm disappointed with him. 我对他很失望。 I'm very sorry to hear his violation of such an interest. 我听到他侵犯这样

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

必背句型: A:Litigants of the two parties may reconcile of their own accord. 双方当事人可以自行和解。 B:That can save much time. 那样可以节省很多时间。 They said they may reconcile of their own accord. 他们说可以自行和

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

必背句型: A:They reached an agreement resolving differences by mutual concessions. 他们各自让步,协商一致,达成协议。 B:They just want to end the lawsuit. 他们只想终结诉讼。 They concluded an agreement resolving differen

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

The new student walked into the small classroom ten minutes late. Within seconds, the teacher smelled body odor. The odor was overwhelming. The teacher hoped it was a one-time thing. But the next day, the teenage student smelled just as bad. That aft

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

BEIJING, April 19 (Xinhuanet) -- The case in the Hollywood blockbuster(轰动,炸弹 ) The Social Network continues in real life. Twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss on Monday filed another appeal against their Harvard classmate and Facebook fou

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Barry召集公司同事开会,有个坏消息要宣布。 Barry: Well, folks...I'm afraid I have some bad news. Our lawyers told me this morning that we are being sued. Chris: Sued? Who's suing us? Susan: And on what grounds? B: An Australian man n

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

A: When you insured your car, what kind did you buy? B: I decided to buy from GEICO. A: What influenced your choice of companies? B: I looked at the customer satisfaction rating of the company. A: How did you figure out what services to buy? B: Every

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

知识产权在中国 Intellectual Property in China 随着中国一步步地融入世界经济之中,在中国,知识产权的价值问题开始逐渐升温。 Listen Read Learn The value of intellectual property has become a rising issue within China, as it seeks to further integrate it

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

今天我们要学的词组是dismiss。 Dismiss有解散的意思, 比如学校因为暴风雪而提前一个小时放学了,School was dismissed one hour early due to a snow storm. Dismiss在法律上是驳回,不予受理的意思。 美国联

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Some names never seem to go out of style, like David or Emily. Some never really catch on. Not many girls are named Laurel, even fewer are named lauryl sulfate. And now a study in the May 5th issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Scien

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Last month, President Obama pledged nearly half a billion dollars toward the development of solar and geothermal energies. But what about wind? A team of scientists estimates that wind turbines in the continental U.S. could produce 16 times more ele

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Washington DC has celebrated the Chinese New Year with a parade, Chinese Dragon Dances, live musical performances, and much more, as more than 300 business leaders and cultural community representatives attended a China Culture night co- hosted by th

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

The Turkish Constitutional Court has announced it will hear the closure case against the ruling AK Party. The case accuses the party of seeking to undermine the secular state and includes a possible political ban of five years for Turkish Prime Minis

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月

Topic1 Single's Day Is Shopping DayYesterday was the Singles' Day and also the country's biggest e-commerce sales day. The total sales volume on Tmall exceeded 57.1 billion yuan, 57% higher than sales on the same day last year. How crazy was it? Topi

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

必背句型: A:Who paid the fine? 谁支付了罚款? B:The solicitor paid the fine on behalf of his client. 初级律师代表诉讼委托人支付了罚款。 A lawyer should exercise independent professional judgment on behalf of a client. 律师

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说