Davis says: given that it appeared to be common knowledge among players, a routine source of jokes and conversations among them, and given Bernie Fines own knowledge of it, I find it impossible to believe that Jim Boeheim, the head coach did not also

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

This is AP News Minute. The huge snowstorm moving up the east coast is expected to drop at least 8 inches of snow in Boston, and 6 inches around New York city. The storm grounded flights, closed schools and made roads dangerous from Florida to the no

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(一)月

Economics Report - A Big Ruling for Wal-Mart in Sex-Discrimination Case 经济报道 - 沃尔玛逃过大规模性别歧视集体诉讼 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 In the American

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Gilbert da Costa Abuja 17 March 2008 A $44 billion lawsuit brought by the Nigerian government against three tobacco companies has resumed at the Abuja federal court. The federal government is seeking damages for what is says were public health cos

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

Barry召集公司同事开会,有个坏消息要宣布。 Barry: Well, folks...I'm afraid I have some bad news. Our lawyers told me this morning that we are being sued. Chris: Sued? Who's suing us? Susan: And on what grounds? B: An Australian man n

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Pop star Christina Aguilera has filed a lawsuit against Warlock Records in an attempt to block the release of songs she recorded when she was 14 years old. 流行乐歌星克莉丝汀.亚奎列拉控告Warlock唱片公司,希望能藉此阻止该唱片

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

The state of Georgia is in the midst of a major drought. Experts predict that, unless it rains cats and dogs real soon, the whole city of Atlanta will have no drinking water in four months. Lake Lanier, the source of Atlantas water delivery system, i

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

The torrent of mergers in the health-care industry kept flowing. 卫生保健行业的合并计划接连不断。 IMS Health and Quintiles agreed to combine in a 9 billion transaction that will integrate the wide range of data services they provide t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人要闻

相信吗?你身上寄生的细菌群有辨识身份的功能。 They say that who you hang out with says a lot about who you are. Well, the microbes that hang out on your fingers can point to exactly who you are. Because scientists [Noah Fierera e

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

By Gilbert da Costa Abuja 25 July 2007 Nigerian government lawyers have filed criminal charges against the American drug firm Pfizer. The lawyers accuse Pfizer of carrying out illegal tests of drugs in Nigeria. Gilbert da Costa has more for VOA in th

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Gilbert da Costa Abuja 20 July 2007 Nigeria says it has discovered new material it believes will strengthen its $7 billionlawsuit agains the U.S. drugmaker Pfizer and has withdrawn the case in preparation for filing a new lawsuit. For VOA, Gilbert

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

U.S. President Barack Obama is continuing his campaign to reform the American health care system. He is urging the nation's doctors to put aside their skepticism and back changes that he says are needed to bring skyrocketing medical costs under cont

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

A panel of federal judges in San Diego, California is expected to rule on whether to consolidate a large number of lawsuits filed nationwide against Toyota. Toyota has been inundated with lawsuits due to safety concerns that have led to the recall of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Ron: Im only your tax accountant, but let me give you a piece of advice. If youre planning to start a business, youll want to carefully consider what type of business entity you want to do business under. Marcela: Is that important? My parents ran a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Ally: Hello, Ally McNeal. Jerry: Ally, this is Jerry Mason. I need to talk to you right away. Were being sued and weve just been served. This is one of those times I wish we had in-house counsel. Ally: Jerry, you know that our firm will do its best t

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Hollywood blockbuster Transformers 4 has set records for its massive box office returns. But its also drawing massive controversy. The Wulong Scenic Area in southwest Chinas Chongqing municipality has sued the makers of the movie for not crediting th

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

By Phuong Tran Dakar 11 January 2007 Some victims of last year's toxic waste dumping in Ivory Coast are staging a hunger strike to demand promised government compensation, while others are joining lawsuits. At least 10 people died, and thousands wer

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

今天我们要学的词是 withdraw。To withdraw 意思是撤离,退出。Britain will withdraw half of its troops from Afghanistan over the next two years. 英国在今后两年内,会撤走在阿富汗的一半驻军。U.N. Ambassador Susan R

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃