1. A beaming President Barack Obama signed a historic 938-billion-dollar health care overhaul bill. It guarantees coverage for 32 million uninsured Americans and represents the biggest accomplishment of his presidency. 2. Attorneys general from 13 st

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(三月)

1. Family members of Manuel Diaz, who died in a weekend police shooting, have poured their anger into a civil rights lawsuit against Anaheim, California. This as public outrage spilled onto the streets in a fourth day of violence. 2. Turkey sealed it

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(七月)

This is scientific American's 60 seconds science. I'm Sophie Bushwick, got a minute. Tens of millions of years ago, cephalopods were hiding from enemies in clouds of ink. And it turns out thatcuttlefish today producing ink that's almost identical. Re

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

They say that who you hang out with says a lot about who you are. Well, the microbes that hang out on your fingers can point to exactly who you are. Because scientists at the University of Colorado in Boulder have been able to identify individuals ba

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

How many times has your mother told you to turn off the lights when you leave a room, or to close the fridge door while you decide what to eat. Well, climatologists are on her side. Because according to a study in the Proceedings of the National Acad

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

16. Get involved in... 被卷入 用法透视 这个句型可以用来表示某人与......有牵连;卷入......,也可以说be involved in... 。 支持范例 1. I got involved in the trouble. 我被卷入麻烦之中。 2. He was involved in a lawsuit because of his heedless remarks. 他

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

今天要讲的英语词是whistle-blower. Whistle-blower的意思是吹哨人。在英语里指的是揭发内部违规的人。《华盛顿邮报》最近在头版报道波音公司的新闻时,所写的标题就是:Boeing Parts and Rules Bent,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Their most faithful disciples were the two cart-horses, Boxer and Clover. 他们最忠实的追随者是那两匹套货车的马,鲍克瑟和克拉弗。 These two had great difficulty in thinking anything out for themselves, but having once accept

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 动物农场 Animal Farm

This is Scientific Americans 60-second Science. I am Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Some names never seem to go out of style, like David or Emily. Some never really catch on. Not many girls are named Laurel, even fewer are named Lauryl S

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

Its probably happened to you: a friend says, I know this place like the back of my hand, and then proceeds to get you hopelessly lost. Well, it could be that they really did know it like the back of their hand. Because researchers have found that peo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

When astronaut Alan Shepard took his first swing at a golf ball on the moon, he hit more dirt than ball. The dust he kicked up reinforced the idea that the moon is one big sand trap. But looks can be deceiving. Now, scientists reanalyzing lunar sampl

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

1. The crisis continues at a Japanese nuclear plant. A drop in water levels left uranium rods completely exposed today. And although the water was restored, the rods are again exposed after a second episode. That increases the risk that radiation wil

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(三月)

边缘介词(Marginal Prepositions)指的是那些在语法功能上与介词相似的词。本文所要介绍的是那些貌似动词却非动词的边缘介词。与一般介词不同的是,这类介词的词形较特别:除少数词以动词原形

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

LOS ANGELES Its long, its classic and, a jury decided on Thursday, its an original. 洛杉矶它很长,它是经典,而且,这个星期四,法庭宣布它是原创的。 Led Zeppelin did not steal the opening riff of its rock anthem Stairway

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Business 商业报道 Patent reform in America 美国专利法改革 Trolls on the hill 山上的巨魔 Congress takes aim at patent abusers 国会瞄准了滥用专利权者 IN SCANDINAVIAN folklore trolls were dumpy with grotesque faces and uncontr

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

He has been spending time with 18-year-old model Hailey Baldwin for the past several months. 过去几个月他一直和18岁的模特海莉?鲍德温在一起。 But in the June/July issue of Seventeen, Justin Bieber said that he is looking for a gi

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Renowned Chinese director Zhang Yimou has filed a lawsuit against Hong Kong-based New Pictures Film Company, claiming he is owed 15 million yuan, or some 2.4 million U.S. dollars. Zhang claims New Pictures never paid him money owed after both parties

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BBC News Online news site Gawker has filed for bankruptcy after losing a $140m (£97m) privacy case earlier this year. The company filed for bankruptcy protection, which could allow it to avoid paying the damages. BBC新闻 新闻网站掴客输掉今

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hello? 谁啊 Mr. Moore? I have some documents for you from Ms. Lance related to tomorrow's deposition. 摩尔先生,兰斯小姐有些文件给你,是关于明天的口供。 What a nice home you have here. 你家真漂亮 You can really... Feel

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

讲解文本: cry in one's beer 借酒消愁,顾影自怜,自我可怜 Stop crying in your beer. Just work hard. 别自顾自可怜啦,努力起来! I'm tired of hearing Mike crying in his beer about how hard life is. 麦克总是自我可怜

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语