必背句型: A:The money paid in such a settlement is often termed nuisance money. 在此种调解中支付的费用经常被称为摆脱诉讼滋扰费。 B:Can you explain it to me? 你能给我解释一下吗? The money paid in such a settlemen

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

1. There is not a moment to be lost. 分秒必争。 2. There is no holding back the wheel of history. 历史车轮不可阻挡。 3. Not a soul was anywhere visible. 到处见不到一个人。 4. I felt sorry for not coming in time. 我很抱歉没准

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

(Gunshot.) Shhhh, just lie still, son, dont try to talk. I know what youre wondering. You come into town with the fastest draw in the West and I let you draw first and still youre still the one lying here a bullet in ya. Well, if only youd studied so

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

Israel is taking its first step toward calming worldwide outrage over its recent raid of a Gaza-bound aid flotilla. Palestinian officials say Israel is easing its embargo, allowing snack foods and other previously banned items, but Hamas, which runs

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

A woman has launched a lawsuit against fashion giant Zara after finding a dead rodent sewn into the hem of her dress. 日前,在购买的ZARA裙子中发现了一只死老鼠之后,一名女性将这家时尚巨头告上了法庭。 New Yorker Ca

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英语

还记得黛玉初进贾府时,曹翁寥寥几笔步步留心,时时在意,不肯轻易多说一句话,多行一步路,黛玉细心、多虑、自尊的性格特点便跃然纸上。这番描述很让人想到短语to walk on eggs,它与我

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

interlocutory injunctions 诉前临时禁令 before instituting legal proceedings 起诉前 case filing chamber 立案庭 agent 诉讼代理人 entry permit 入境证明 China Foreign Trade Center 中国对外贸易中心 The trademark is falsely rep

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Business 商业 Intellectual property 知识产权 Inventive warfare 发明之战 Battles over patents are becoming fiercer and more expensive 专利之战,愈演愈烈,愈烈价更高 THIS deal is all about patents. 这笔交易归根结蒂就是谋

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

MEGAN THOMPSON: Sisters Beatriz and Elizabeth Vergara attend public high school in a low-income, mostly Hispanic section of northern Los Angeles. The girls are aiming for college, and would be the first in the family with higher degrees. But the Verg

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

pig

A man was sued by a woman for defamation of character. She charged that he had called her a pig. The man was found guilty and fined. After the trial he asked the judge, This means that I cannot call Mrs. Johnson a pig? The judge said that was true. D

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A man was sued by a woman for defamation of character. She charged that he had called her a pig. The man was found guilty and fined. After the trial he asked the judge, Does this meanthat I cannot call Mrs. Johnson a pig?The judge said that was true.

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

人生有顺流也有逆流,当遇到不愉快的事或心情低落时,别人的安慰有着不容忽视的作用。一些合适的安慰的话会让人如沐春风,不仅可以除掉心头的阴霾,也可以鼓励他人奋起,积极面对困

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. The federal government is suing to block Arizona's new immigration law. The Justice Department has filed a lawsuit arguing that Arizona's law targeting illegal immigrants is unconstitutional. 2. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israe

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(七月)

托福口语中经常会用到否定句。很多同学虽然经常使用否定句句型,但是太过单一,或者对否定句句型没有一个完整的认识。 1. There is not a moment to be lost. 分秒必争。 2. There is no holding back the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

What made the request all the more astonishing to Eisenstat was that it was Jobs who, just a year earlier, 更令艾森斯塔特惊讶的地方在于,就在一年前, had forced frogdesign to abandon its work on Wozniak's remote control device. 乔

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Money may not buy you happiness, but happiness can improve your financial bottom line. A study by researchers from University College London finds that young people who report a higher level of happiness and satisfaction with their lives earn higher

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

If you were going to a restaurant and wanted a healthier option, 如果你去饭店,你想吃得健康一点, which would you choose, grilled or fried chicken? 你会选择哪种食品呢,烤鸡还是炸鸡? Now most people would answer grill

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

1. There is not a moment to be lost. 分秒必争。 2. There is noholding back the wheel of history. 历史车轮不可阻挡。 3. Nota soul was anywhere visible. 到处见不到一个人。 4. I felt sorry for not coming in time. 我很抱歉没准时

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

否定句型: 1. There is not a moment to be lost. 分秒必争。 2. There is no holding back the wheel of history. 历史车轮不可阻挡。 3. Not a soul was anywhere visible. 到处见不到一个人。 4. I felt sorry for not coming in time.

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(216) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

1. There is not a moment to be lost. 分秒必争。 2. There is no holding back the wheel of history. 历史车轮不可阻挡。 3. Not a soul was anywhere visible. 到处见不到一个人。 4. I felt sorry for not coming in time. 我很抱歉没准

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(451) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语