脱欧或导致英国领跑地位不保 多国伺机取代英国 The prospect of leaving the European Union, and with it access to the prized single market of500 million people, has sent shivers through the city of London. This is about the negotiati

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

英国BBC电台BBC London频道

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(1526) / 评论(0) 分类 TAG标签

在中国,普通话作为官方语言的地位日益巩固。然而在英国,为什么大多数的英国人不遵循标准的发音[standard pronunciation or RP(received pronunciation)],却喜欢操着一口地方口音呢?难道英国人不认

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

I agree that language learning is cool, but I challenge the assumption that its difficult. 我认同语言学习很酷,但我不认同语言学习不容易这一说法。 Languages cannot be taught, they can only be learned. Having someone or somet

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The UK has voted by 52% to 48% to leave the European Union after 43 years in an historic referendum. 在加入欧盟43年之后,英国最终以52%对48%的投票结果宣布脱离欧盟。 London and Scotland voted strongly to stay in the EU but th

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LESSON 1 MY CAT 第一课 我的猫 I have a cat, 我有一只猫, Its name is Tit; 它的名字叫提特; And by the fire 壁炉火堆旁 It loves to sit. 它喜欢趴着。 From off the rug 地毯上 It scarce will stir, 它很少四处走动,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第一册

The UK arm of Russias state-owned international broadcaster RT has had its British bank accounts shut down, prompting accusations from Moscow that London is attacking free speech. 俄罗斯国有国际广播机构今日俄罗斯(RT)的英国分支在英

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In a field in a remote part of north-west Wales, a lone farmer cuts the grass, parcelling it up into hay bales which can be sold for a modest profit. His farm, and even the hill on which it sits, will soon be demolished by the Japanese-owned company

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Great Britain has become a sporting superpower after the team was guaranteed to end the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in second place in the overall medal table, its best performance at the games for over a century. 英国已成为体育大国。在刚结

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英国的封建体系与爵士制度有其久远的历史背景,以往在古代只针对政治、军事上的功勋,近代则扩及到科学、文学、艺术等其他领域。 英国的封号授予分成七级,分为贵族(peerage)与平民两大

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Britain could potentially leave the European Union as early as next year as Prime Minister David Cameron is allegedly already putting plans in motion to bring forward an in/out referendum by a year. 英国最早或于明年脱离欧盟。据称,英国

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

LESSON 54 Words which deceive 第五十四课 谎言 One day a man gave his son some wood to saw. 有一天,一位父亲给了儿子一些木头让他锯。 The boy did not want to do such work; so after his father had gone away, he threw the saw d

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第二册

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has supported Theresa May's decision to delay the start of the UK formally withdrawing from the European Union. 德国总理安格拉默克尔公开表示,支持英国新任首相特蕾莎梅延后英国正式退出欧

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Two leading City institutions have cancelled predictions of an EU referendum recession and revised their economic forecasts higher in response to better than expected surveys. 面对好于预期的调查数据,伦敦金融城两家顶级机构撤销了

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Britain in Iraq 英国,在伊拉克 Cameron's confusions 卡梅伦的困惑 The government flip-flops between belligerence and caution 政府在交战和警告间犹豫不决 HOW seriously does the British government take the threat from Islamic St

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

The Banking System in the United Kingdom英国的银行体系 In the United Kingdom, financial institutions are categorized into two ma]or groups: the Recognized Banks and the Licensed Deposit Institutions. The criteria for each category are de

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. The British are judged on which supermarket they shop at and the hierarchy often goes like this: Waitrose/MS, Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, Lidl, Aldi. 英国人根据一个人去什么超市买东西来评判一个人的社会地位。通常由高到低

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

LESSON 36 The whale 第三十六课 鲸 The whale is the largest animal in the world. It is so large, that perhaps you have never seen a room big enough to hold one. 鲸是世界上最大的动物。它如此之大,以至于你可能从没见过哪个

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第二册

LESSON 13 THE CAT AND THE MOUSE 第十三课 猫和老鼠 This is a cat. 这是一只猫。 It is a fat cat.I can see its tail. 它是只肥猫,我可以看到它的尾巴。 I can see its paws.It has a long tail. 我可以看到它的爪子,它有

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第一册

学习另一种语言不是一件易事, 不过也有很多方法能提升你的英语水平, 与此同时让你体验英国生活及当地文化。Hotcourses中国小编这里教给你一些实用的方法学习新的语言...... 1. 利用每一个机

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语