F: Will you be involved in opening a new office ? M: I wouldnt miss that for the world.(决不错过) F: I imagine(presume,guess,suppose) you ll train the new staff M: as well as meet with community leaders. F: Public relationships is always a smart idea

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA 商务英语

今天学的词组是take up。 Take up这个短语有好几个意思,比如She took up painting -- 她开始学习绘画。The piano takes up half the living room -- 钢琴占了客厅一半的地方。 Take up也指就某个问题进行讨论。 美

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

The origins of a heartbeat bill come from Janet Folger Porter, president of Faith2Action and former Ohio Right to Life legislative director. Once the heartbeat is detected, the baby is protected, pretty simple, if you can hear that baby's heartbeat,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

France is one step closer to legalizing euthanasia after approving a bill that allows doctors to sedate terminally ill patients until they die. 法国下议院日前通过了一项提案,允许医生给身患绝症、无法治愈的病人注射镇静

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

THE Republican majority in the House of Representatives called its budget proposal The path to prosperity: A blueprint for American renewal. Whether it would live up to that billing we will never know, as Democratic opposition in the Senate will prev

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

今天我们要学的词是get-go。 Get-go, 是开始的意思。From the get-go, 就是从一开始。The team controlled the game from the get-go, 这只球队从一开始就控制了比赛的局面。It was clear from the get-go that the candidat

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

236 美国否决一项禁止生物武器的提案 US Calls Bio Weapons Proposal 'Flawed' Lisa Schlein Geneva 25 Jul 2001 17:28 UTC The United States has rejected a proposal that is designed to strengt

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(3)

今天我们要学的词是green light。 Green light, 是绿灯的意思。My proposal received the green light from the board, 我的提案得到了理事会的批准。The U.S. Senate voted to give the green light to the health care reform bill, 美

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

No Botox, no surgery, not even a drop of hair dye... what's the secret to looking this good at 81? Nina Snelling thinks it's because she's never got married! 不打肉毒杆菌,不做手术,甚至不用任何的染发剂81岁了还看起来那么年

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

美国英语口语俚语(12) 1.kick around讨论;多考虑一下Lets kick around a few more proposals before we come to a final decision. 我们最后决定之前多考虑几个方案吧。 2.junkie吸毒者The junkie stole money in order to buy mo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

民间的学问也是艺术,快速听出新托福听力中的俚语,是考生们必须知道的。 1.beats me我不知道 Beats me. We havent learned that。 我不知道,我们还没学过那个。 2.beat it走开 Beat it! Im busy right now。

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Eight days after the deadliest mass shooting in American history, the U.S. Senate voted down a series of proposals to restrict those eligible to buy firearms and expand screening of gun purchasers. 美国发生历史上最惨重枪击案8天过后,参

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

It was interesting as well while we were out on the farm, there were thousands of trees I think out on the farm, so we saw lots of different insects and little animals as well. The most exciting thing I saw was a red back spider, because the red back

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Bello 贝洛 A political FUTbol 政治足球 智利税改 Michelle Bachelet's struggle to combine equity and growth in ChileMichelle Bachelet致力于在智利经济增长的同时促进公平CHILE has only one great enemy and it's called inequality,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Business 商业报道 Cable television 有线电视 The 61 billion proposal 耗资610亿的提案 The latest plot twists in a continuing television drama 电视连续剧中最新的情节突转 SPURNED suitors usually nurse the wounds of rejection qu

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

THOMAS HOBBES famously described the original state of nature as bellum omnium contra omnes. Californias governor, Jerry Brown, who received a Jesuit education and likes to flaunt his classical learning, has of late been using the phrase to describe

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

今天学的词组是take up。 Take up这个短语有好几个意思,比如She took up painting -- 她开始学习绘画。The piano takes up half the living room -- 钢琴占了客厅一半的地方。 Take up也指就某个问题进行讨论。 美

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 学个词

1.beats me我不知道 Beats me. We havent learned that. 我不知道。我们还没学过那个。 2.beat it走开 Beat it! Im busy right now. 走开!我现在正忙着。 3.beat a dead horse白费口舌,白费力气 Ive already made up my mind. T

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(304) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

美国习惯用语第855:迫不得已的时候(音频) put in mothballs 我最近建议制作一个新节目,以美国语言和文化为主题,举行相关的知识竞赛,大家都说是个好主意,让我立即开始做。 谁知我的一个同

发表于:2019-03-14 / 阅读(212) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语