Clarence Cleans His Roof It was an important thing 1) shoveling snow and the quality of your work could be seen by anybody driving by in a car, so people tried to get every last 2) speck of snow off t

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2003年

After a lethal 1995 heat wave 在历经了1995年致命热浪侵袭后, turned refrigerator trucks from the popular Taste of Chicago festival into make shift morgues, 它将那些在芝加哥美食庆典的冷藏车转换成临时搭建的停尸间

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

1.Listen and enjoy Come Away With Me Come away with me in the night Come away with me And I will write you a song Come away with me on a bus Come away where they can't tempt us With their lies And I want to walk with you On a cloudy day In fields whe

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语之全新全译·1

A segment of a Japanese TV show has gone viral in China. The episode features middle school students standing on the roof top of the school building, and professing their romantic affection towards their schoolmates in public. Many Chinese internet u

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

You may not need to worry about batteries someday soon. A 15-year old girl, Ann Makosinski from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada has invented a flashlight that uses the heat from your hand for power. Instead of using batteries the flashlight uses P

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

我们讲过几个表示非常生气的习惯用语,例如像:To make one's blood boil.我们今天再来讲两个和生气有关的俗语。我们要讲的第一个俗语是:To hit the ceiling.

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Dark clouds were in the sky. The sun went down. The weather got cold. The wind started to blow. Leaves blew off the trees. Paper flew through the air. People buttoned their jackets. The rain started to fall. At first it was quiet. Then it got louder.

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

中国钢琴家郎朗助阵菲董 Harrell Williams 现场表演热单《Happy》 !这前奏一起现场所有人就都站了起来一同拍手!最后以朗朗帅气的钢琴伴奏尾音结束了表演,帅气十足。 It might seem crazy what Im

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

AS IT IS 2014-07-24 Housing Costs Push Hong Kong Residents to the Rooftop 住房成本提升促使香港居民在屋顶生活 Rising housing prices in Hong Kong are hurting low-income residents. Many people who live in the city are being forced into

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

If I wrote a story Would you live it with me? Fill the pages up with memories still to come Let's write a love story. When I got you next to me Feels like I'm living a dream I never wanna wake up I'm right where i wanna be You fit me perfectly You're

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

A: What did the buyers offer us on our house? B: With the original asking price at three hundred thousand dollars, the buyers are willing to pay two hundred ninety thousand dollars. A: I am really pleased with that offer. B: I agree that the offer is

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: Im glad you could make it. B: Its my job. What can I help you with? A: I think a pipe burst in my apartment. B: In what room is this pipe? A: Youll find the pipe in my bathroom. B: When did the pipe start leaking? A: Its been leaking for a couple

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

1.ThelongJunetwilightfadedintonight.Inthedistance,heavygunsroared.Hereandtherethroughthecity,machinegunsandriflesbrokethesilenceofthenight,spasmodically,likedogsbarkingonlonefarms.Itwaswar,civilwar.OnarooftopnearO'ConnellBridge,asniperlaywatching.His

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Roof! 屋顶到了! He flung open the gates. The warm glory of afternoon sunlight made him start and blink his eyes. Oh, roof! he repeated in a voice of rapture. He was as though suddenly and joyfully awakened from a dark annihilating stupor. Roof!

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

This is so romantic. 太浪漫了 Jumping over the back wall 跳过后院的墙 to drop down and see you in the middle of the night? 只为了在半夜见你一面 It's very Romeo and Juliet. 就像罗密欧与茱丽叶 It is very Romeo and Juliet. 我

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

释义: stand on one's own (two) feet 双腿而立,自立 stand on+地点表示站在的上面,即 stand on the roof 表示站在屋顶上, stand on the table 表示站在桌子上。 stand on one's own feet 表示自己双脚而立,换句话

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

What kind of house is this? 这是什么样的房子? Do you think it is a schoolhouse, or a church? 你认为这是所学校还是一座教堂? It looks like a church, but I think it is a schoolhouse. 它看起来像座教堂,但我觉得这是所

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第一册

EMILE:But weve supposed to return to the colony before sundown(日落) or, you know,Dads gonna... REMY:Emile!There are possibilities unexplored (未探索的)here.We got to cook this.Now ,exactly how we cook this is the real question.Yeah (

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

I've been sitting in the dark all night, too. 我也在黑暗中坐了一夜 All these months I kept thinking if I could find a clue, I could get a lead on him. 这几个月我一直在想,如果我有线索,我就能找到他。 Guess it wouldn'

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

EMILE:But weve supposed to return to the colony before sundown(日落) or, you know,Dads gonna... REMY:Emile!There are possibilities unexplored (未探索的)here.We got to cook this.Now ,exactly how we cook this is the real question.Yeah (

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音