AS IT IS 2015-12-30 Study: British Have Better Teeth Than Americans 研究发现英国人的牙齿比美国人更好 Many Americans believe Britons have bad teeth. But a new study shows Americans actually have more dental problems. The study was publ

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(409) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

I have a root canal filling in one of my teeth. The tooth is changing color. Can anything be done about it? 我有一颗牙在牙根管里补过。现在这颗牙变了颜色,有什么办法可以解决? Sometimes a tooth with a root canal fillin

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

Today we'll take the following: 今天我们要做以下以下几件事: 1) A profile photograph (picture) of the head. 一、拍一张头部侧面的照片。 2) An intraoral photograph. 二、拍一张口腔内的照片。 3) Orthodontic study mo

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

The plaster model is used to make the bridge in my dental laboratory. 石膏模型是用来在我的牙料制造室里做齿桥用的, It will take one week for the laboratory to make the bridge. 在牙科制造室作假牙要一个星期。 What d

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

Part nine 第九章 Fixed Bridge 固定桥 Good morning, it's nice to see you again, Mrs. Walsh. 早安,很高兴又见到您了,沃尔太太。 Hello, Doctor. That extraction has healed very well. I had no trouble with it. 你好,医生。上次

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

Then, Ostrum's crew made another discovery - lying next to the Raptor was a second skeleton. 紧接着,奥斯特伦姆的团队有了另一个发现,在迅猛龙旁边还有第二具骸骨。 Two Raptors, side by side. 两头迅猛龙紧挨着。

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

His favorite hunting tactic is to come from below and behind his potential prey. 它最喜欢的狩猎策略就是从它潜在猎物的下方或者后面下手。 As the Meg closes in on the whale, he descends, in order to surprise him from below. 随着

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

One of the things that tells us that it's actually a more primitive dinosaur. 这一点说明它是一种较为原始的恐龙。 Now, the third and forth fingers are very small, probably not very functionally effective. 它的第三和第四只手指很

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Along with its deadly claws, Utahraptor relied on its teeth as an effective means of killing its prey. 除了其致命的爪子外,犹他盗龙凭借它的牙齿作为一个杀死猎物的有效工具。 And to ensure it always had a fresh set, Uta

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Well, now we've gargled and spit. 嗯,现在我们漱了口并吐干净了。 I say these are Not pleasant, but necessary. 我说这漱口水用它虽不愉快,但却有必要用。 Not necessarily something nice but something I have to do. 也就是

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

February 28 is National Tooth Fairy Day. This day celebrates one of childhoods make-believe visitors. Others include Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. The Tooth Fairy comes in the middle of the night after a child loses a milk tooth. Parents tell the

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Ouch! About a quarter of all school-age kids will break or otherwise damage a tooth. Adults have their share of cracked chompers too. But what if fixing a busted bicuspid was as easy as zapping it with a laser? Preliminary work with young rats has mo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 游戏说明: 游戏介绍:你现在是破坏牙齿的细菌,目的是把面目可憎的人牙齿全蛀掉。 操作指南:用鼠标控制反弹条左右移动,操作简单。特

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 好玩英语小游戏

They are shaped like little chisels. 它们的形状就像凿子一样。 These cutting teeth always keep their sharp, chisel-like edge, for the front of each tooth is formed of a very hard stuff called enamel, while the rest of the tooth is made of

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

Thanks, young man, the clerk said as Aaron handed him cash. Aaron couldn't believe his ears. He was at NYU Dental School on First Avenue. He was paying his bill. Young man? he wondered. I was a young man years ago. I'm certainly not one now. Who is t

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Aware that his finding would entirely upend what was understood about the past, and urged by his friend the Reverend William Bucklandhe of the gowns and experimental appetiteto proceed with caution, Mantell devoted three painstaking years to seeking

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

我们知道,蜜蜂是最高明的建筑师,它们的巢房造型奇特,结构巧妙,堪称神奇的天然建筑。蜂巢有很多英语名称,比如honeycomb,apiary和beehive,其中的h

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Part six 第六章 Apicoectomy 根尖切除术 Excuse me. Is the Doctor in? 请问,医生在吗? Good afternoon, sir. The Doctor is here today. Do you have an appointment? 下午好,先生。医生今天不上班。你预约了没有? No, I d

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

Part five 第五章 Endodontic Treatment 根管治疗法 There's a patient with severe pain in the waiting room, Doctor. 医生,在候诊室有一个病人牙痛得很厉害。 Take an X-ray and ask him to sit down in treatment room number two. 给她

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话

Part two 第二章 Oral Prophylaxis 口腔预防治疗 What kind of toothbrush do you use, Mrs. Williamson? 威廉森太太,你用什么样的牙刷? I use a soft brush. I don't remember the brand name. 我用的是软牙刷。我记不得身摸牌

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 口腔临床英语对话