The Hidden World Around Us By Harry Overstreet Ever since Socrates was introduced to my adolescent mind he has been one chief master of my thinking. What he believed still seems to me to be indispensable for carrying on an intelligent and responsible

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Paying the Rent of Service By Lee Bristol In a complex society and a complex civilization, the individual is inevitably confused much of the time. But I believe that the basic solution of all world and group problems must first be solved by the indiv

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

What Are People Good For? By Ina Corinne Brown One's beliefs are revealed not so much in words or in formal creeds as in the assumptions on which one habitually acts and in the basic values by which all choices are tested. The cornerstone of my own v

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

About Secrets and Falling Tiles By Carroll Binder We are all at the mercy of a falling tile, Julius Caesar reminds us in Thornton Wilders Ides of March. None of us knows at what hour something we may love may suffer some terrible blow by a force we c

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

What Makes Me Feel Big by J. Frank Dobie My mind is big when I look at you and talk to you, Chief Eagle of the Pawnees said to George Bird Grinnell when, after years of absence, that noble writer appeared at his friend's tepee. It is very difficult i

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

by Dr. Fred Dow Fagg, JR By Spiritual Handholds on Life The view of the high Sierra Lake, nestled in the snow and rock slightly below the timber line, was beautiful from my vantage point some five hundred feet above its shimmering surface. I was anxi

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Discovery in a Thunderstorm By Dr. Nelson Glueck Many years ago I was on a bicycle trip through some exceedingly picturesque countryside. Suddenly, dark clouds piled up overhead and rain began to fall, but strange to relate, several hundred yards ahe

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(160) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Men Move in the Wake of Wives' Jobs PHOENIX - Things have changed since Mark Breidenbach and Chris Walker grew up 30 years ago in homes anchored by Dad, the breadwinner, and Mom, the caretaker. Breide

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

The Unsung Heroes: What About Working Dads? On our first

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

Unit 13 Always on time! Vocabulary Task Answers 6:15 gets up 6:30 takes a shower 7:20 catches the bus 8:15 has a class 12:30 eats lunch 3:00 goes to work 5:30 takes a break 11:00 goes to bed Script Ja

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Unit 5 Where are you from? Vocabulary Task Answers Colombian, Korean, French, Brazilian, Japanese, American, English, Thai Script Here is our music club. There are members from all over the world! Fir

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

1.A:Hello, my name is Elizabeth. B:Hi,Elizabeth.I'm Jason. 2.A:This is my friend Taka. B:Hey,Taka.How's it going? 3.A:I'd like to introduce our new director,Andrea Williams. B:It's a pleasure to meet you,Ms.Williams 4.A:Have you met Jane? B:Oh, yeah,

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date: Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And often is his gold complexion

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

Is It Healthy to Be a Football Supporter? - Why Fans Know the Score Die-hard football fans hit the heights when their team wins and reaches the depths of despair when they lose. Scientific studies sho

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

In the Nick of Time As Katie Pritchard unloaded bags of groceries from the trunk of her car on May 1, 1989, her sons Todd and Scott played happily in the driveway. The family lived at the end of a dea

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

Things I Learned From Dad Three successful people reveal how fathers shape their destiny. Rebecca Lobo: Be Loving I knew - even when I was very young - just how much my mom and dad loved each other. W

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

You Are a Marvel Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe that will never be again And what do we teach our children? That two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France? We should say to each of them: Do you kno

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

早读英语精华本上册 Unit26

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

Be a queen Be a queen. Dare to be different. Be a pioneer.Be a leader. Be the kind of woman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly toward the challenge. Take it on! Be a truth seeker and rule your domain, whate

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

Yesterday once more 昨日重现 Thank you for the music, the songs Im singing Thanks for all the joy theyre bringing Who can live without it, I ask in all honestly What would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for th

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇