Maxis's Recipe for Happiness by Meredith Willson I guess the creed of all human beings embraces the desire to leave their mark on the moral world, when they pass to the immortal one. Maybe this is even the strongest of all urges of the human soul. Ma

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

A Shining Day Will Come by Saul K Padover A candid statement of faith becomes, for me, a concentrated spiritual autobiography. My fundamental beliefs are the products of three converging influences that have been silently at work within my personalit

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

A Ball to Roll Around By Robert Allman I lost my sight when I was 4 years old by falling off a boxcar in a freight yard in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and landing on my head. Now, I am 32. I can vaguely remember the brightness of sunshine and what col

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

A Morning Prayer in a Little Church By Helen Hayes Once, years ago, I got into a dogfight. I was wheeling a baby carriage, my pet cocker spaniel trotting beside me. Without warning, three dogsan Afghan, a St. Bernard and a Dalmatianpounced on the coc

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

A Lesson Learned at Midnight By James Q. DuPont Ever since one midnight, in nineteen hundred and nine, when I first heard my mother crying, I have been groping for beliefs to help me through the rough going and confusions of life. My dads voice was l

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Flotsam, Jetsam, and Liberty By James Carey Perhaps more than anything else in the world, I believe in liberty: liberty for myself, liberty for my fellow men. I cannot forget the legend engraved on the base of the Statue of Liberty on Bedlows Island

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

The Art of Bouncing Back by Joyce Grenfell I think the center of my faith is an absolute certainty of good. Like everyone else, I get low and there are times when I feel as if I have my fins backwards and am swimming upstream in heavy boots. But even

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Freedom is Worth the Risk The philosopher George Santayana, at the age of eighty-eight, admitted that things no longer seemed so simple to him as they did fifty years ago. Even those of use who have not reached Mr. Santayanas age must share that feel

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

A sort of unselfish selfishness by WARD GREENE When a man is ten, he has a boy's faith in almost everthing: even Santa Claus is a belief he is not quite ready to give up so long as there is a chance the old gentleman may really live and deliver. When

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

In order to tell what I believe, I must briefly sketch something of my personal history. The turning point of my life was my decision to give up a promising business career and study music. My parents, although sympathetic, and sharing my love of mus

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Dreams Are the Stuff Life Is Made Of By Carroll Carroll I believe I am a very lucky man. My entire life has been lived in the healthy area between too little and too much. Ive never experienced financial or emotional insecurity, but everything I have

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

The Law of the Heart by J. George Frederick At long last, I have come to a rather simple point, as to what I believe. I believe in what I choose to call, the Law of the Heart. In the medical world, this phraseThe Law of the Heartmeans the great disco

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

Vocabulary Task Answers: 1. Petra Fields 2. 1904 Broadway, San Francisco, CA 94001 3. 554-0912 4. Petra@news.com 5. March 19, 1980 6. Apple Computer Script 1. A: What is your name? B: Petra fields. 2.

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Unit 9 It’s a great job Vocabulary Task Answers/Script 1. Phillippe is a courier . He rides his bicycle all day. He delivers packages. 2. Marta is a ski instructor . She teaches people how to ski .

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Legal advice Marshaller Pormer was a young lawyer. One day a neighbour entered his office, and asked, What can I do if another man's dog entered my yard and killed one of my chickens? Mr. Pormer replied ,That the damage done could be clacked from th

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Unit 12 Real Money Vocabulary Task Answer/Script A I have a lot of debts, especially credit-card debt. And my tuition payments are killing me. I need to find a get-rich-quick scheme. B I thought that buying and selling stocks was too risky. I thought

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Unit11 Getting There is Half the Fun Vocabulary Task Answers/Script A I paid for first-class tickets in advance. But I ended up in second-class with no air conditioning. I really felt I had been cheated. B Just after the plane took off, we had engine

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

YOUTH Samuel Ullman Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

Balzac as handwriting Expert Balzac, the famous French writer, was a man of great talent. But he himself was proud of his ability to tell a persons character by his or her handwriting. He often told his friends that he could tell anybodys character e

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

11 Rules of Life 1. Life is not fair, get used to it. 1. 生活是不公平的;要去适应它。 2. The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself. 2.这世界并

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本