Two Commandments Are Enough By Peggy Wood Occasionally my mother used to announce that she was going to take time out from the day's activities to rest, she would say, and to invite my soul. She always put the phrase in quotes, in order, I expect, to

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

I Never Stopped Believing by Eva Saxl I believe that it is important to be brought up with a firm belief in the good. I was fortunate in this respect. My parents not only gave me a happy home, but they had me study half a dozen foreign languages and

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

I Call Things As I See Them by Ralph Pinelli An umpire has to make instant decisions. Ive learned to call things as I see them. This helps me make a quick reply to such an important and personal question as my belief. My philosophy of life is simple,

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

How to Refill an Empty Life by Albert J Nesbitt One day about fifteen years ago I suddenly came face to face with myself and realized there was something quite empty about my life. My friends and associates perhaps didnt see it. By the generally acce

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

One Girl Changed My Life by Rose Resnick My childhood and adolescence were a joyous outpouring of energy, a ceaseless quest for expression, skill, and experience. School was only a background to the supreme delight of lessons in music, dance, and dra

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

And Now You're Mine 现在,你是我的 And now you are mine. Rest with your dream in my dream. Love and pain and work should all sleep now. The night turns on its invisible wheels, And you are pure beside me as a sleeping amber. No one else, love, w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

Courteous Retort A learned scientist was attending a dinner, and as cigars were being indulged in one of the guests began to deride philosophy. He went on rudely to express the opinion that philosopher was but another way of spelling fool. What is yo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

The Library of Congress is America's national library. It has more thanone-hundred-twenty-million books and other objects. It has newspapers, popular publications and letters of historical interest.It also has maps, photographs, art prints, movies, s

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本

The place is full of mothers A small boy losing his mother in a supermarket ran through the ells ,yelling frantically, Eileen,Eileen .When his mother found him, she scolded him,Bobi,it isnt polite to call me Eileen, you should always call me mother.

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Nails In The Fence There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

When I was a young man just out of law school and eager to get on with my life, on a whim I briefly put aside my reading preference for fiction and history and bought one of those how-to books:How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life, by Alan L

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

I Think I Can If you think you are beaten, you are; If you think you dare not, you don't; If you want to win but think you can't; It's almost a cinch you won't. If you think you'll lose, you're lost; For out of the world we find Success begins with a

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

If the Dream is Big Enough(I)---为了心中的梦想(一) I used to watch her from my kitchen widow, she seemed so small as she muscled her way through the crowd of boys on the playground. The school was across the street from our home and I would often wa

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Love Works a Miracle

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

Unit 17 How are you feeling? Vocabulary Task Answers/Script 1. A: What’s the matter? B: My stomach hurts. I have a bad stomachache. 2. A: How are you doing? B: I feel really great today. I’m final

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Unit 16 Where’s home? Vocabulary Task Answers/Script 1. I live in a small town. It’s very quiet . There’s not much activity. It’s not very exciting . 2. I live in a big city . It’s very busy

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Unit7 One Big Happy Family Vocabulary Task Answers/Script A My husband got transferred across the country. My son is feeling kind of bummed out. B I never get to say what goes on in my own house. I got stuck with taking care of the twin brats while M

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Vocabulary Task Answer/Script A An incredible breakthrough in medicine has just been revealed. Scientists have learned how to eradicate genetic heart disease in humans. For the first time in history, successful experiments were performed on human pat

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

Unit 14 Disaster! Vocabulary Task Answer/Script A Health authorities have reported an epidemic. The disease is spreading rapidly throughout the region. Residents are being provided with clean drinking water. B Hurricane Lydia has devastated South Car

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

The World as I See It My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities. I am truly a lone traveler and have ne

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本