The days were hot. The nights were hot. He turned on the living room fan. He turned on the dining room fan. Both fans were on high speed. They made a lot of noise. But they didn't blow cool air. They blew hot air. They blew hot air everywhere. He tur

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Chapter 41 Why Study Abroad第41章 出国留学热You:These days more and more students choose to study abroad. What do you think of this trend? 现在越来越多的学生选择出国留学。你对这种趋势怎么看? David:Many students w

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 留学生在中国

Topic1- Male nurses eye an rise in China Nightingales have often been a symbol of the nursing profession, but not necessarily, manliness. But now, Zhejiang Province is shaking the stereotype, as local universities are expected to welcome a large batc

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Mom, why'd you get us the same backpacks? 妈,你为啥给我们买了一样的背包啊 We look like our aunt just found out about sewing machines. 我们看上去就像刚发现缝纫机的老阿姨一样 They were on sale... Four for one. 商场在

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 初来乍到第二季

1. diathermy /'daɪə,ɜːmɪ/ -- method of treating disease by genereating heat in body issues by high-frequency electric currents Diathermy may prescribed for arthritis, bursitis and other conditions requiring heat treatment. 关节炎、黏液囊炎

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

1.有趣的漫画 Mom, I am very hot, said Tom. 妈妈,我好热,汤姆说。 Take off your jacket. said Mom. 把你的外套脱掉。妈妈说。 Mom, I am still very hot, said Tom. 妈妈,我还是好热,汤姆说。 Take off your pants and

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Sight Word Kids 幼儿英语常见字4A

又到了一年中最热的日子,大太阳晃得人睁不开眼,火辣辣的热浪扑面而来,老远就能感受到柏油路上冒着的热气,是不是特别想抱个瓜在家吹空调?好生羡慕放暑假的小伙伴们~ 已经没暑假可

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Pet Raising 如何看待宠物热 1. 有些人喜欢养动物作为宠物。 2. 有些人反对圈养动物作为宠物。 3. 你的观点。 [参考范文] Nowadays, with the improvement of the peoples living standard, some people form a h

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

A patron in Montreal cafe turned on a tap in the washroom and got scalded. This is an outrage, he complained. The faucet marked C gave me boiling water. But, Monsieur, C stands for chaude - French for hot. You should know that if you live in Montreal

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

swelter 热得难受 They sweltered on the beach. 他们在沙滩上热得难受。 sweltering 闷热的,热得难受的 I'm sweltering. I need some water. 热得受不了啦,我需要水。 I can't sleep in this sweltering room. 在这个闷热的

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

With the annual political season underway, a number of hot words are being frequently used in relation to the government's work. For more, Jin Yingqiao joins me in the studio. Yingqiao, what are these words and what are they about? Well, a number of

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

The gold bars, worth a total of ?10,000 (13,000 euros, $17,000), were buried in Folkestone, southeast England, by Berlin-based Michael Sailstorfer as part of an upcoming arts festival. Members of the public will be allowed to keep any of the 24-carat

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Western Australian company has made a hot chip vending machine that deep fries frozen chips while you wait. 澳大利亚西部一家公司设计出一款热薯条自动贩卖机,在顾客等候期间能自动将冷冻薯条烤制成热腾腾的薯条

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

在一个圣诞节的聚会上,我和朋友Susan坐在一旁聊天。 这时,一个年轻人走进来,我悄声告诉Susan说:你看,刚刚走进来的这个人是我们公司新来的技术主任。Susan看了看他说:He is hot。 我觉得

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

学英语要生动的学,看故事学英语,看着这幽默的英语小故事,必定会对提高你对学习英语的兴趣。 A patron in Montreal cafe turned on a tap in the washroom and got scalded. This is an outrage, he complained. The fau

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

入伏了,一年最热的时候到了,英语中除了hot还有很多形容热的词,快来跟Jenny和Spencer学一学不同的热。 Hot的不同用法 Hot在英语里,最常用来形容三类人事物: Weather: 天气热 People: 人热辣、

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

At one time it was believed that heat was a liquid. Sure, that sounds kind of crazy, but if you think for a second, you might see why. Suppose you have an object thats very hot say a metal spoon thats been sitting in hot coffee. Pick it up and you ca

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Have cold feet: 打退堂鼓 生活中有没有发生过类似事例?比方说,参加某一次聚会,本来西装革履蛮有风度,脚下不争气的鞋子竟然临时闹罢工,坏了。尤其是漂亮淑女,若不幸掉了鞋跟,肯定会

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Ow! Why Hot Feels Cold Kids dont try this at home! Have you ever dipped your toe into a very hot bath and felt a flash of icy cold just before you realize that its really burning? After you pull your toe out, you might wonder what causes very hot wat

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Language Points It's stifling. I can hardly breathe. Oh, God. I'm sweating like a pig. It's so hot recently. It's boiling today. Damn it! It's sweltering today. This weather is freaking hot.

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语