研究表明,老年人喝酒后会影响行路时避开障碍物的灵活性。 Subjects with an average age of 62 had trouble avoiding an obstacle placed on a treadmill after consuming even small amounts of alcohol. Cynthia Graber reports A signif

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Oh yeah, work that booty. Wanna give your workout a kick? Then check out some of the new fitness technology on display, at the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Trade Show. This anti-gravity treadmill makes you feel like you are running in

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

This morning on today's fitness exercise toys for children. The number of overweight children in this nation is on the rise more than doubling since 1980s. New, now toy makers are creating new ways to get kids off the couch and moving in fitness mag

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

In the U.S., we spend three to four times as many hours shopping as our counterparts in Europe do. So were in this ridiculous situation where we go to work, maybe two jobs even, and we come home when were exhausted, so we plop down on our new couch a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

Health Report - Study of Paralyzed Man May Offer Hope for New Treatment 健康报道 - 瘫痪者有望重新自行行走 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Rob Summers of Portland, Oregon,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Want to exercise, but don't have enough time? Forget slogging half an hour on the treadmill. You can burn the same number of calories with a few quick sprints on an exercise bike. So says a study presented at a meeting of the American Physiological S

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Want to exercise, but don't have enough time? Forget slogging half an hour on the treadmill. You can burn the same number of calories with a few quick sprints on an exercise bike. So says a study presented at a meeting of the American Physiological S

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

Keep Rolling Luggage Upright With Physics物理学帮你稳住拉杆箱 If you've ever pulled a rolling suitcase through the airport, chances are you've also been annoyed by this common occurrence: the suitcase starts rocking back and forth on each w

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(六)月

我们的小捣蛋丹尼尔偷偷来到了妈妈的健身房,说是要到健身房做点运动,长大了要当李小龙,结果怎么样呢? Listen Read Learn Clerk: Welcome, young man. No offence, but I haven't seen you here before. Daniel: Of course, this is my first time here. My Mom has

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Rebecca: Hey, Todd, I'm going and looking for a gym. Actually, I hear you've joined a gym. Which one? Todd: Yeah, actually, there's a real nice gym down town. It just opened about a month ago. Maybe two months ago. It's really nice. Rebecca: OK, what

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

A caterpillar's guts move forward first, followed by its outer body, according to x-ray studies of the insects walking on a treadmill. Imagine if before you took each step, your guts lurched up into your throat. Well, caterpillars dont have to imagin

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Running Shoes Jog Joints In a study in the Journal of Injury, Function and Rehabilitation, researchers found that running shoes protected the feet, but at the expense of hips, knees and ankles. Molly Webster reports Your feet may love running shoes.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Elephant Leaves Alaska for Warmer Home 大象玛姬离开阿拉斯加前往温暖新家 As we write this story, the temperature in Anchorage, Alaska, is minus-8 degrees Celsius. Bitter cold, in other words, as you might expect on an early-winter day

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

The Tiangong-2 space lab, though adopting the structure of Tiangong-1 without too many changes in appearance, has been designed to function much stronger than its predecessor. Zhu Congpeng, chief designer of the lab, says they've focused on a variety

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Bouncy Gait Improves Mood A good mood may put a spring in your step. But the opposite can work too: purposefully putting a spring in your step can improve your mood. Thats the finding from a study in the Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental P

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年科学美国人4月

Polar Bears Must Work Harder On Faster Sea Ice Treadmill奔跑吧!北极熊 Polar bears live on floating rafts of sea ice, hunting for seals. But in the Arctic Ocean north of Alaska, the cold polar wind constantly blows that ice from east to west. Wh

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(四)月

Hm-hmm Alex Eingorn is a certified laughter yoga instructor. Good morning to you! Alex Good morning, Meredith. I know there are probably some people on the audience laughing in disbelief at all of this, but the research is in that laughter really mak

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

So Helen began her college years. As hard as the Cambridge School had been, Radcliffe seemed impossible. There was never enough time. Annie spelled lectures into Helens hand. Annie read the textbooks to Helen. It seemed as though they were on a tread

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Lack of exercise could be causing as many deaths around the world as smoking, according to an article in the science magazine The Lancet. As thousands of Olympic athletes prepare to push their bodies to the limit, most of us sit inactive for hours in

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Jae: Hi, are you done with this weight machine? Sally: Yeah, I am. I was just trying it out. I think I must be doing something wrong. My muscles are aching already. Jae: Maybe I can help. Ive been working out on these machines for a few months, so Im

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客