4. Why Hearty Women Outlive Men? The age-old riddle of why many women live longer than men has been solved. It's their pumping power, British researchers have found. On average, women live five years longer than men and women over the age of 60 are n

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 听美文故事记6级单词

All right. From riding bareback to rating backfat, a Japanese study found that overweight people over the age of 40 like me live six to seven years longer than skinnier, more / annoying counterparts like Bill. Tohoku University, which, if memory serv

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

AZUZ: Running a marathon is tough no matter where you do it. For instance, take the International Space Station. That`s where British astronaut Tim Peake is right now. This is video of him training on earth. He was getting ready to run this weekend`s

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年7月

A significant cause of disability in older Americans is, simply, falling. If youre a senior citizen and you worry about falling, maybe you should go light on the drinks. It turns out that only two drinkswithin the legal driving limitcan make it more

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之就医和人际交往

NASA Wants To Teach You About Hydroplaning 美国宇航局教你如何防滑 What is hydroplaning? 什么是打滑现象? Hydroplaning happens when a vehicle moves too quickly along a wet road. A layer of water accumulates under the tires; they lif

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

I go to a health club two or three times a week to stay in shape and stay fit. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I run several miles on a treadmill and then cool down by walking around the indoor track. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I lift weights and discuss

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

You will change the world 你们将能改变世界 Let that sink in 记住这一点 You will change the world 你们将能改变世界 I want you to take the craziest dream you've ever had 我要你们勇敢去做最疯狂的梦 that dream that you'r

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

What's one of the best ways to get refreshed? Exercise. I find, that I am a different person after I've exercised. What I mean by this is that I feel very positive, focused, and inspired when I have pushed myself physically. Mind you, it isn't just g

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

S.O.S. In Other Words, Help! 词汇掌故:国际求救信号SOS Now, the VOA Learning English program, Words and Their Stories. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇掌故节目。 Different people have different ways of saying things their own spe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

The gut of the tobacco hawk moth caterpillar used in the study moves forward independently of, and ahead of, the surrounding body and wall and legs. By turning a powerful x-ray machine on a caterpillar, scientistists have discovered a novel way of mo

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

A: Is there a swimming pool in this hotel? B: We don't have a full-sized swimming pool, but we do have individual swim stations. A: What exactly does that mean? B: Basically, a swim station is like a treadmill, except instead of running, you swim. A:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

Michael Phillips is overweight. He wants to lose a lot of weight because he is not happy with how he looks. He is also very unhealthy. His last doctor's appointment was scary. He was told he was at risk of heart disease. Mr. Phillips knows that his d

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

By Paul Sisco Washington 01 November 2007 The World Health Organization reports in its latest study 300 million adults around the world are considered obese, and that it is a problem not only in the industrialized nations but elsewhere as well. At th

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

This morning on Take It Off Today, staying in shape on the road. Just because you are staying at a hotel does not mean your exercise routine has to suffer although too often it probably does. Women's Health's contributing editor Lisa Drayer says the

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

The water's blue, the waves are lapping. Geez, it's hot. Do I have enough sunscreen on? Why did I wear this bathing suit? How long have we been here? I wonder what's happening at the office. Have they finished that project? Where is that cellphone? W

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

This is AP news minute. 1. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow on Wednesday. The meeting comes amid sharp accusations surrounding the chemical weapons attack in Syria last week. 2. Fans of a Germ

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2017(四)月

This is AP News Minute. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow on Wednesday. The meeting comes amid sharp accusations surrounding the chemical weapons attack in Syria last week. Fans of a German foo

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2017(四)月

It goes up by 15 percent, 对于所有事物都是如此 and you have a 15 percent savings 你还能节省 on the infrastructure. 15%的基础设施经费 This, no doubt, is the reason 这无疑就是 why a million people a week are gathering in citi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

If you want to boost your childs results at school, you could do a lot worse than ensuring that they do plenty of exercise. Scientists have already shown that physical activity can make you brainier. But a team in America has used scans to show that

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间