Today I begin a new life. Today I shed my old skin which hath, too long, suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediority. Today I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all. Today I will pluck grapes of wis

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 羊皮卷

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Harriet Tubman By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Sunday, February 15, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the Special English program, Peop

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Frederick Douglass. He was born a slave, but later became one of Americas greatest leaders. He was an activist, a writer

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(九)月

Tina : Don't be a slave to work, Ralph! Ralph: I can't help it. l'm always busy. Tina : You must take it easy sometimes. Ralph: Easier said than done. 说来容易做来难 蒂娜:罗福,别做工作的奴隶! 罗福:我没办法。我总是很忙

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(294) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

Alaudeen was a small boy. He lived in a village in Persia. He played in the streets with his friends often. One day he met a stranger in the road, while he was playing. He said that he was his fathers brother. He had seen him as a small boy. So you d

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Mike Procter. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 Many people do not know about

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

01. Such high housing prices have rendered me a mortgage slave. 这么高的房价把我变为房奴。 02. Mortgage slave is adopted to de scribe those people whose mortgage paymnent is more than half of their monthly salary. 房奴一词被用来描述

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语最炫潮流

remind vt.提醒;使想起 The lullaby reminds me of my childhood. 这首摇篮曲使我想起我的童年。 Please remind me to call Jason at seven. 请提醒我7点时打电话给杰森。 inner a.内部的;内心的 Beauty is only skin deep.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500

The princess was angry, and she knew, of course, who did it. 这位公主非常愤怒,不用说,她知道这是怎么回事儿。 She had all the Winged Monkeys brought before her, 她把所有的飞猴都召集起来, and she said at first tha

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

Romans 罗马书_Ro_07 1Do you not know, brothers--for I am speaking to men who know the law--that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives? 2For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 罗马书

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude. Slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all its forms. Article 4; Universal Declaration of Human Rights.(The United Nations) What does slavery mean? Slavery is the idea that a human is someones

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

James Monroe easily won election in 1816. He had a relaxed, likeable personality and was popular with voters. In addition, many saw him as a last connection to the countrys founding generation. Monroe had fought in George Washingtons army during the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(三)月

《蜗居》真实地展现了房奴的艰辛生活,让每个有着痛苦买房经历的人都有强烈的认同感。对于房奴的英语翻译,有mortgage slave 和 house slave 两种,哪种更地道呢,今天来看一下吧。 如今,房奴

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

We started talking about slavery, and really, I started learning about slavery, 我们聊起了奴隶制度,而此时我才开始真正了解奴役的现实, for I had certainly known it existed in the world, but not to such a degree. 虽然我一直都

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

They were treated as goods, bought and sold like cattle. 人们像经营商品那样经营他们,像买卖公牛或山羊那样买卖他们。 Slave owners could do what they liked with their slaves even kill them. 谁买了一个奴隶,谁便是这

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

The crusty (顽固的,脾气暴躁的)old managing partner finally passed away, but his firm kept receiving calls asking to speak with him. I'm sorry, he's dead, was the standard answer. Finally, the receptionist who fielded (负责接听)the

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Gladiator 角斗士 Gladiators were fighters in the ancient Roman period. 角斗士是古罗马时期的斗士。 They fought in big stadiums and people watch their fights for fun. 他们在大型体育场角斗,人们观看他们的角斗来取乐。

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第11册

虎年的大门徐徐打开。而这条时光隧道的开启,对于争议中成长起来的80后来说,有着更为特殊的时代意义80后整整一代人将集体奔三。俗话说三十而立,单身奔三80后的婚事也成为家长的心事

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

金属:Evanescence - New Way To Bleed 相关介绍 :时隔五年,当今最为成功的女声金属乐队之一的Evanescence在万众瞩目之下发行了乐队的第三张同名专辑-Evanescence。主唱Amy Lee表示,这张同名专辑更像是

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

When the brothers went home that day, they told their father that Joseph had been carried off by a wild beast. 那天兄弟们回家的时候,他们告诉父亲约瑟被一只野兽叼走了。 As soon as the men who had bought Joseph reached Egypt

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3