嗨!大家好!欢迎光临广播学口语,这里是Andy。今天Andy给大家介绍两种不同的人:She is a slave driver.和He is good for nothing. 音乐之后马上开始! (音乐) 先

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 广播学口语

Daisy Nation was from the northwestern end of Jamaica. 戴西纳森来自牙买加的西北边陲, Her great-grandfather was William Ford. 他伟大的祖父是威廉福特, He was from Island, and he arrived in Jamaica in 1784, having bought a c

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

Uncle Tom's Cabinby Harriet Beecher StoweUncle Tom's Cabin, or Life Among the Lowly is an anti-slavery novel by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe. Published in 1852, the novel had a profound effect on worldwide attitudes toward African-Americans

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Benin, a majestic arch marks the point of no return where through the centuries millions of slaves waited in chains to be shipped to America. But now a modern-day form of slavery has gripped the West African nation a

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

Dred Scott Ruling Opens the Whole Country to Slavery 德瑞德.斯科特的统治使得整个国家实行奴隶制 From VOA Learning English, this is The Making of a Nation. Im Kelly Jean Kelly. And Im Christopher Cruise. Early in 1857, the United St

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(八)月

232. Making of the West. 232.西部地区的创建 Even before the Revolutionary War explorers and settlers had crossed the Alleghany Mountains. 远在革命战争之前就有人穿过奥利哈尼山到西部探险和定居。 In Washington's time

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

But nothing came of these suggestions. 但是,这些提议没有引起反响。 Soon, however, William Lloyd Garrison began at Boston the publication of a paper called the Liberator. 然而,不久之后威廉劳埃德加里森在波士顿创办了一

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

In these ways slavery had ceased to be a vital institution north of Maryland and Kentucky. 通过这些努力,在马里兰和肯塔基北部已经不存在有效的奴隶制机构, Why should slavery be allowed west of the Mississippi River? 为什

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

For example, the Southerners were to permit the admission of California as a free state, and to consent to the abolition of the slave trade in the District of Columbia. 例如,南方人要允许加利福尼亚作为一个自由州加入联邦,并同

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

At first people paid little attention to them. 开始时人们不太关注这些传言, But when President Polk said that gold had been found, people began to think that it must be true. 但当珀尔卡总统说找到黄金时,人们开始相信果

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

97 反奴役压迫的女性领袖哈瑞特·塔伯曼 PEOPLE IN AMERICA - September 30, 2001: Harriet TubmanBy Jeri Watson VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the Spec

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

US Has Separated Families Throughout History Many Americans are expressing shock at the Trump administrations policy of separating children from their parents at the United States border with Mexico. But throughout U.S. history, officials have taken

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

今日知识点: 1、take off clothes 脱衣服 英文释义:remove -take off hats 摘帽子 -take off make up 卸妆 例句: -I'm gonna take off my clothes first. 我先把衣服脱了。 -Let me take off my jacket first. 让我先把夹克脱了

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Mike: So Dusty- Dusty: Uh-huh. Mike: Tell me a little about - you're from Philadelphia, right? Dusty: Yeah, yeah. Mike: Tell me a little bit about - soul food. Dusty: Okay. So soul food - actually, it comes from the South, and Philadelphia has a lot

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

AntIntrigue 蚂蚁的阴谋 Don: Hey,antslives are full of intrigue. Take slave-making ants. They invade other ants nests, kill some of the adults, and then steal the larvae and take them back to their own nests. The larvae learn who they belong to b

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Germany'closes chapter'on Nazi past 德国欲给纳粹历史划上句号 2.3m people may have survived Nazi slave camps 纳粹集中营可能有230万人幸存了下来 A fund to compensate people forced into slave labour by the Nazi regime during th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

New Novel Takes 'The Underground Railroad' Beyond The Metaphor SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Colson Whitehead has brought a metaphor to life - the Underground Railroad. His novel of the same name is both magical and real with dreamlike passages delivered with s

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Most members of Congress signed the Declaration on August 2, 1776. Its author signed the paper Th Jefferson. After signing, he was ready to go home. He missed his family. Besides, he felt he was needed in Virginia. He quit his seat in Congress on Sep

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Topics: Migrant Farming in the U.S.; American Cities: Palm Springs, CA; patronizing versus condescending; to right every wrong; to belong to versus to belong with Words: migrant worker manual labor slave plantation to deport tactic boycott toxic play

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 鲁宾孙漂游记