[00:00.00]On his return to Canada [00:02.50]he undertook a new enterprise. [00:04.47]He became a merchant, [00:07.31]opening an importexport business [00:09.94]in the heart of [00:11.03]Vancouvers Chinatown. [00:14.32]Wing Sang Company specialized

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 最新15篇文章贯通英语四级词汇

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: I'm Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of the United States. This week, we tell about Billie Holiday.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

unit 142 称赞嗓音好 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Alice, I never knew you had such a lovely voice. You really can sing, can't you? A:艾丽斯,我不知道你有这么好的嗓。你唱得真不赖,不是吗? B:Thanks, Mark. I used to be a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(206) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

I think of songs, music that influence my life a lot and Bob Dylan sang you're right from your side as right from mine 有几首歌对我的生命影响颇深鲍勃?迪伦唱到 你认为你是对的 我也认为我是对的 We're both just one too m

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Marian Anderson: 75 Thousand People Heard Her Sing at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. Written by Shelley Gollust (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: Marian Anderson's image on a United States Postal Service stamp And I'm Stev

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Country and Western Singer Hank Williams Wrote Songs About Love and Heartbreak (THEME) VOICE ONE: PEOPLE IN AMERICA -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (THEME) Every week at this time, we tell you a story about people who played

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

It was Jennys fourth birthday. She was four years old. Her mom baked a cake for her. Her mom baked a chocolate cake for her. The cake had two layers. Her mom put vanilla frosting on the bottom layer. Her mom put vanilla frosting on the top layer. Her

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Waltzing Matildaby Paul MillardMost countries have a unique piece of music that means something special to its people. For many of those celebrating Australia Day this week, its a song called Waltzing Matilda, written in 1895 by a song-writer and poe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic concerns three sets of words that are easy to confuse: all together (two words) and altogether (one word), all ready (two words) and already (one word), and all right (two words) and alright (one word). As well see sho

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

an empty street an empty house a hole inside my heart i'm all alone the rooms are getting smaller i wonder how i wonder why i wonder where they are the days we had the songs we sang together oh yeah a

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美歌手专辑

She put him out Like the burning end of a midnight cigarette She broke his heart He spent his whole life trying to forget We watched him drink his pain away A little at a time But he never could get drunk enough To get her off his mind Until the nigh

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

DOUG JOHNSON: And Im Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a young woman named Virginia Patterson Hensley. No one but her family would remember that name. The world remembers her as Patsy Cline. SHIRLEY GRIFF

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

2013年英伦最强新人,以钢琴为创作主调;继Adele之后,第一位获得全英音乐奖之评审团选择奖荣耀的男性歌手. 歌词: Song:Another Love Artist:Tom Odell I wanna take you somewhere so you know I care But it's

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

All other peoples prayed to many godsyou remember Isis and Osiris, Baal and Astarte. 所有其他的民族全都向许多的神祈祷你还记得伊西斯和俄西里斯,巴尔和阿斯塔耳忒吧。 But these herdsmen only prayed to one god, thei

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

《My Love》是爱尔兰流行男团西域男孩演唱的一首流行歌曲,歌曲歌词由J?rgen Elofsson、Per Magnusson,大卫克鲁格、Pelle Nyln共同创作 。这首歌收录在他们的第二张录音室专辑《Coast to Coast》中,并

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

1. You're a good singer! 你唱歌真好听! 还能这样说: You sing very well! You are good at singing. 应用解析: sing away 唱歌把忘掉;唱歌庆贺; sing out 大声喊出,大声唱; sing to sleep 哼着歌儿使入睡 2. I r

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

音乐咖啡厅:Marc Anthony - When I Dream At Night 相关介绍:Marc Anthony的首张英文同名专辑,网罗了包括Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston,Mariah Carey,Celine Dion,Jennifer Lopez等流行、RB、拉丁乐界天王天后钟爱

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

This individual was allowed to step out of line. He waved his arms and gesticulated while he spoke (that is to say he acted while the others merely stood by and sang) and he asked a lot of questions, which the bandmaster answered according to the rol

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

December 16 12月16日 Read it! 读读看! The Nutcracker is a Christmas tradition. 欣赏《胡桃钳》舞剧是圣诞节的一项传统, Many people see it at Christmastime. 很多人在这段期间会去欣赏这场芭蕾舞剧。 Susie first

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

本期内容: A Russian court handed down a 22-year sentence to Nadia Savchenko, a Ukrainian military pilot accused of directing artillery fire which killed two Russian journalists. Asked if she understood the sentence, she stood on a bench and san

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读