布什许诺将报复恐怖袭击 Bush Promises Retaliation for Terror Attacks Alex Belida Pentagon 12 Sep 2001 20:19 UTC The Bush administration is promising 1)retaliation for Tuesday's terrorist att

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

Would a guy like the governor of California be allowed to teach Arizona kids how to learn English? Arnold (Schwarzenegger)'s Austrian accent is as thick as his biceps but his English seems to be just fine. How about Paula Deen? Her accent's as thick

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

Hello, welcome to CNN Students News. Its Monday 24th, and were glad to have you along as the month of October wires down. After nearly nine years, Americas work in Iraq will be over. Over next two months, our troops in Iraq, tens of thousands of them

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(十)月

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. The death toll is rising in Haiti. As NPR's Corey Flintoff reports from Port-au-Prince, the Haitian government confirms at least 150,000 people have died since the earthquake struck nearly two weeks ago

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

1The word of the Lord that came to Zephaniah son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hezekiah, during the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah: 2I will sweep away everything from the face of the earth, declares the Lor

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 西番雅书

In July 2015, at the behest of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, and with the support of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, the United Nations Development Programme established the Funding Facility for Stabilization, or FFS. USAID provided the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(一月)

1. It's the first in a series of steps being outlined this week by President Barack Obama in hopes of jumpstarting the economy. He's in Las Vegas announcing new rules to make it easier for homeowners to refinance their mortgages. 2. Five people have

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十月)

[Intro: Wretch 32] Next time I'm rock bottom, I'mma take them rocks And slingshot them to the top and pray the rain gon' stop Raining on me Raining on me [Verse 1: Zak Abel] I push the window up The rain is pouring down Watching the smoke rings risin

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文歌曲

From NPR News, in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. Frustration is mounting in the Haitian capital where millions of earthquake survivors are spending a fourth day without fresh food, water or medicine. Many are also working alongside international resc

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Relief workers remembering those who died Flags are flying at half-mast across China. China is coming to the end of an official period of mourning for those who died in last weeks earthquake. For three days, there have been no entertainment events a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

BUENOS AIRES, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) -- The government of Argentina Wednesday declared two days of national mourning for the 10 fatal victims of an explosion in an apartment building in the northern city of Rosario. Presidential spokesman, Alfredo Scoccimar

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The U.S. Geological Survey says the new quake, which shook Haiti just after sunrise Wednesday, was centered about 35 miles northwest of the capital Port au Prince. It was the largest of more than 40 significant aftershocks following the January 12th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

PSALM 79 1O God, the nations have invaded your inheritance; they have defiled your holy temple, they have reduced Jerusalem to rubble. 2They have given the dead bodies of your servants as food to the birds of the air, the flesh of your saints to the

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 诗篇

25O Lord , you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. 2You have made the city a heap of rubble, the fortified town a ruin, the foreigners' stronghold a c

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以赛亚书

Good afternoon, I'm Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Claims of responsibility are coming in this afternoon after a rocket attack at a shopping mall in the southern Israeli city of Ashkel

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

Suns Hidden Twin Stalks Planet Earth 太阳隐藏着的小兄弟威胁着地球 [1] When the end of the world comes, we'll know what to blame. Scientists have found compelling evidence that the Sun ha

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Rescuers in Turkey have pulled several more survivors from the rubble in the aftermath of Sunday's earthquake that officials say killed 279 people and injured more than 1,000 others. Officials say the magnitude 7.2 quake near Turkey's border with Ira

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

It's the Law 这是个法律问题 A slender, delicate, immaculately dressed Englishman was explaining to the visiting American about British law. 一位身材修长,举止文雅,穿着光鲜的英国人向来访的美国人解释英国法律。

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话

Do you Yahoo!? Would you if you had to Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web? 你喜欢雅虎这个名字吗?如果叫杰瑞的网络指南还会喜欢吗? While a bad name isn't enough to sink a brand on its own, several of the biggest shed some p

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The medical charity MSF says that around 300 migrants were hurt when Macedonian police fired tear gas and stun grenades at crowds trying to break through from Greece. An MSF official said 200 migrants were treated for breathing problems, 30 for wound

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻