美国处于高度戒备状态 US on High Alert Kyle King Washington 11 Sep 2001 16:31 UTC Reeling from a series of terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, U.S. authorities have gone on a 1)coas

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

M:As the upper floors of the Trade Center Towers burned, inside employees scrambled to escape. [00:-0.50]当世贸中心双子塔的上部楼层起火时,里面的职员尖叫着逃命。 [00:-1.00]Voice:...82nd floor, and I don't know where my pee

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(十一)月

Today Mr XX of students for helping us getting things started today.I'm C.L,welcoming all of our viewers from around the world to this Wednesday edition of CNN student news. First up today.Parts of Mexico are preparing for a hurricane that's heading

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(十)月

1Gather together, gather together, O shameful nation, 2before the appointed time arrives and that day sweeps on like chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord comes upon you, before the day of the Lord 's wrath comes upon you. 3Seek the Lord , all

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 西番雅书

1Then I said, Listen, you leaders of Jacob, you rulers of the house of Israel. Should you not know justice, 2you who hate good and love evil; who tear the skin from my people and the flesh from their bones; 3who eat my people's flesh, strip off thei

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 弥迦书

1. President Barack Obama is trying to give some help for those with student loan debt. He says the executive actions will allow borrowers to get lower interest rate and will reduce their payments. 2. Hurricane Rina has weakened some as it nears Mexi

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十月)

宗教冲突后埃及基督徒展望未来 The latest spasm of religious violence in Egypt is raising some concern about the fate of the approximately eight million Christians in the Islamist-led nation. 在最近发生了宗教暴力事件后,埃及

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年4月

we're at the Caribbean Market in -- it's a big supermarket that collapsed in Pour-au-Prince. This is just one of the locations where rescue teams have been frantically working, trying to dig out survivors still alive after nearly five days under the

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(一)月

1When Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, he became angry and was greatly incensed. He ridiculed the Jews, 2and in the presence of his associates and the army of Samaria, he said, What are those feeble Jews doing? Will they restore the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 尼西米记

Bicycle Mayor Program Shows Promise in Mexico City Her position is not official, but Areli Carreon of Mexico City is a mayor. She may be the bicycle mayor, but to her it is an important position. She works to make people in one of the worlds most con

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

A second powerful earthquake hit southern Japan Saturday morning, prompting authorities to issue, and then rescind, a tsunami warning in the region. 日本南部星期六早晨又发生一场强烈地震,促使有关当局向该地区发出了海啸警

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Obama congratulated Iraqis for coming out to vote in todays parliamentary elections in spite of violence by insurgents that killed at least 38 people. That's the sound of the morning call to prayer during voting this morning at a Baghdad po

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

1. At least four people are dead and there is damage in 19 Massachusetts communities after tornadoes ripped through Wednesday. In Springfield, police are going door to door this morning, making sure no one is trapped in rubble. Governor Deval Patrick

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(六月)

1. German prosecutors say the attack on US airmen at Frankfurt Airport may have been the act of Islamic terrorism. Investigators say 21-year-old Arid Uka, an ethnic Albanian from Kosovo, opened fire on a bus full of troops. Two airmen were killed and

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(三月)

本期内容: Adustyandbloodyfive-yearoldSyrianboycapturedtheattentionofpeoplearoundtheworldthisweek. 本周,一位灰头土脸、浑身血迹的5岁叙利亚小男孩引起了全世界人们的关注。 Theboysufferedheadinjurieswhenhisfamily'sa

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

A flying robot piloted by brainwaves is just one of the ingenious new devices coming out of a top US university. Students are showing off their latest creations at the Maryland Robotics Day including the Neuro Sky Mindset and a snake-inspired search-

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Hello to you, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. A Canadian journalist held for four weeks in Afghanistan is now free. That's according to the woman's employer, the Canadian Br

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(十一)月

Rescuers in Indonesia are searching the rubble of collapsed buildings for survivors after a powerful earthquake, with the toll expected to rise. At least 44 people are confirmed dead and thousands of homes ruined after the 7.0-magnitude quake hit on

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

「英文学习笔记」 device [d?'va?s] n. 装置,策略 tumble ['t?mbl?] vt. 摔倒,翻滚 optimist ['ɑpt?m?st] n. 乐天派,乐观主义者 rubble ['r?b(?)l] n. 碎石,瓦砾 「中英文歌词对照」 Pompeii 庞贝 --Bastille-- I was le

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Now to California, where a massive cleanup is getting underway in and around the town of Paradise, which was nearly wiped out by a deadly wildfire last fall. Disaster response officials say the country has not seen a toxic debris c

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台2月