15 Playing in a Tournament GLOSSARY standings rankings; a list of how good or strong people or teams are whencompared against each other * We played pretty well last year, but we werent at the top of the standings. to seed to put an athlete or a team

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Maxs problems were soon forgotten when the children arrived in San Juan, the capital of Puerto Rico. It was late afternoon, but they had a number of hours before the ship left at midnight. The Aldens hurried down the ramp onto the narrow cobblestoned

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

Larry和李华刚刚看完Robin Williams主演的一部新的喜剧片。两人正准备离开戏院。今天李华会学到两个常用语:to crack somebody up和fess up. LL: That was great! Robin

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 EPT美语 第三级(初高中适用)

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlights Listener Mail Program. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Todays Spo

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Early farming began in the Near East about 10500 years ago. Farming first reached Balkans in Europe some 8 to 9 thousand years ago and then crept westward. Locals in Britain seperated from mainland by the relatively newly formed English Channal did n

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年Scientific American(二)月

本单元是关于从德国打来的电话的对话 Helen: Hello? Alice: Gutenmorgan. Hi Helen, it's Alice. Helen: Hey, how are you? What's Germany like? Are you having fun? Alice: I'm fine, it's fab and yes, yes, yes! How are things back home? Helen: Great. We've j

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

文本: Assassin:You only continue to live because the great Ra's al Ghul allows it.___(1)___. Robin:I can take her. Batman:Stand down. Assassin:Do not follow us. Batman:I didn't need your help. Robin:Really? That's not what it looked like from whe

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

A labyrinth of emotions My larynx is killing me! Robin exclaimed. Someone must have laced my cigars with strychnine. You are forever lamenting. Spare us your platitudes, replied Laura, his long-suffering wife, wearing her grandmothers favorite lace

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

The Robin 知更鸟 The north wind doth blow, 北风吹, And we shall have snow, 飞雪到, And what will poor robin do then, 可怜的知更鸟怎么熬? Poor thing? 可怜的知更鸟。 He'll sit in a barn, 他会钻进谷仓, And keep him

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 幼儿英语童谣朗读

If I can stop one Heart from breaking I shall not live in vain If I can ease one Life the Aching Or cool one Pain Or help one fainting Robin Unto his Nest again I shall not live in Vain. This beautiful poem expresses the wish of the human heart to ma

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

Life 生命 by Emily Dickinson If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. 如果我能使一颗心免于

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

Large Review of Coffee Studies Finds ... Not Much New From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康与生活报道。 Which is more popular -- coffee or tea? 咖啡和茶哪个更受欢迎? If

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

By Robin Rupli A new video documentary about life in Iraq opened in October in theaters across the United States. For Voices of Iraq ,three Los Angeles-based filmmakers sent 150 hand-held video camera

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--文化艺术

Whats the Top 'Trending' Search This Year? 今年最热门的搜索内容是什么? The American-based company Google has just released its list of the top trending online searches of 2014. Google keeps records of everything Internet users enter on i

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

英国大热打榜舞曲:Robyn - Dancing On My Own Robyn 原名 Robin Miriam Carlsson ,人们大多知道的是她的艺名Robyn。她出生于1979年6月12日,是瑞典一位获得格莱美奖提名的流行音乐歌手和歌曲作家。Robyn因

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

Top 5 Pop Songs for Week Ending July 13 本周最受欢迎的5首歌曲 Were counting down the five most popular songs on the Billboard Magazine Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending July 13, 2013. This weeks lineup has something for everyon

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

军犬需要良好待遇 At an event on Capitol Hill organized by the American Humane Association, Democratic congressman Henry Cuellar said it is important to strengthen the bond between soldiers and military dogs. 美国动物权益保护协会在国

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

Let me tell you a joke: which aspect of the English language are boxers best at? Don't you know? It's punch-uation (as in punctuation!) Funny? Well, maybe you'd better not laugh too hard. According to a paper published by the British Medical Journal,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Robin Basselin. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geerstma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 It is August of 2009. Hundr

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight