Remember, a name is for life In Sao Paulo, a baby boy is chortling away, unaware that a court is deciding his fate. If it finds in his father's favour, he is in all kinds of trouble. There may be a law in Brazil against giving your child a name that

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

Well, 2013 is about to pass, leaving a whole year of buzz in the musical arena. To recall and sum up the ups and downs of 2013s musical world, we Paul Stokes, associate editor of Q Magazine, discussed the high fliers and low riders of the music indus

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年12月

Glaucoma, A Stealth Disease And Major Cause of Blindness If you think you are not at risk for glaucoma, think again. Glaucoma is a disease that steals the sight of people around the world -- and they typically don't even know they have the disease un

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Moments ago the Muslim Brotherhoodspokesman announcing over Twitter that tomorrow will be a, quote, Fridayof anger, a day of anger, calling for marches to head toward Cairo'scenter after noon prayers. Also tonight the death toll from yesterday's clas

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(八)月

电影词典 Sophia Loren 索菲亚-罗兰 美国俚语 Its a hard life. 生活苦 e.g.1Being a farmer is a hard life. You have to work all day and all night. 农民生活很苦,他要夜以继日的工作。 2She has a hard life. She supports her

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 听动感英语学口语

图片1 media n. 媒体 例句:The actor revels in all the attention he gets from the media. 这位男演员陶醉于传媒对他的吹捧。 medal n. 奖章,勋章 例句:Robin was awarded the gold medal for being the fastest runner. 罗宾跑得

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

歌曲:Miley Cyrus-Wrecking Ball Her controversial performance at the MTV VMAs just over a week ago still has everyone talking. 距离 Miley Cyrus 在 MTV 录影带大奖上极具争议性的表演已有一周的时间,可人们依然在讨论着那

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语娱乐八卦

Movie Star, Comedian Robin Williams Dead at 63 喜剧巨星罗宾威廉姆斯去世,享年63岁 Actor and comedian Robin Williams has died in an apparent suicide. Police said the 63-year-old entertainer was found dead in his home in Tiburon, Californ

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Mapping Mountain Range Found Under Antarctic Ice Its late afternoon at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, where Robin Bell is at work analyzing various images of glaciers and plotting her next expedition to the frozen southern pole. She takes a br

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Richard Holbrooke died Monday at the age of 69 after undergoing heart surgery. The longtime diplomat's death drew reaction from around the world. Words of praise showered from Islamabad to Brussels toward U.S. diplomat Richard Holbrooke, who died Mon

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Police in Sweden say they believe they have identified the man who blew himself up in the country's capital on Saturday. The man is Taimour Abdulwahab, a Swedish citizen who has been living in Britain for the past decade. Sweden's Chief Prosecutor To

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Has best-selling pop and New Age pianist Jim Brickman gone country? Jim's new album Home reveals his seldom heard country music skills. Jim Brickman has performed on concert stages the world over, but never on one of the most famous stages of them al

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending August 3 Were exploring the five most popular songs in the Billboard Magazine Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending August 3, 2013. This week, Ill take a look at performers who also write and produce their own mus

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(八月)

The European Union, or EU, is calling on Israel to observe a humanitarian truce after a four-day Israeli air offensive on the Hamas-run Gaza Strip. Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner of France, which currently heads the EU, hosted a meeting in Paris o

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年1月

I went to bank this morning. Instead of standing in line to talk to a bank teller, I decided to use an ATM, but it wasnt working. Robin: Excuse me. Could you help me? Im trying to use this ATM machine, but it stopped working after I put in my PIN and

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Doug Levine Washington 17 April 2006 A 1917 recording of Nora Bayes singing Over There, a 1938 radio broadcast of The Adventures of Robin Hood, Dave Brubeck's 1959 million-selling jazz album Time O

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

Michael: Shall we ? Robin: Oh, this is nice. Did you get a new car? Michael: No, this is a company car . Getting to drive one is one of the perks of my new job. Robin: Does your new position call for a lot of driving? Michael: It does. As the regiona

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: I saw a magazine in the rack of City Lights bookstore in San Francisco that showed a single sheet in a typewriter with a sentence that began, the plan suddenly made sense. Eight stories followed all beginning with those words. The

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Shortly after British Prime Minister David Cameron's re-election in May, he was quoted as saying he believes the relationship between the UK and China has entered a golden era of development. Since then, both sides have been throwing around gold to d

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

听力内容有不详尽之处啊,欢迎大家留言讨论,纠正。谢谢 在线英语听力室http://www.tingroom.com Back here on the family couch, place for great announcement, Sam. I just got Thank You for starting out our week in a happy wa

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年