欧洲难民压力急需缓解 As of November, some 800,000 refugees and migrants from the Middle East and Africa had crossed the Mediterranean to reach a safe haven in Europe. The European Union estimates as many as three million might arrive by the

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年12月

This time of year, lets be honest: The most Jewish-American tradition isnt even celebrating those eight crazy candle-and latke-filled nights. Its hitting the local Chinese restaurant on Christmas, of course. 讲真,每年一到圣诞节大多数美国

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Topics: Americans Abroad-The Founding of Liberia; The Gateway Arch; to struggle versus to fight versus to carry on; to churn and burn; hipster doofus Words: to sponsor to colonize liberty to declare intention abolitionist gateway arch to expand memor

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Jack the Giant Slayer is a 2013 American fantasy adventure film based on the fairy tales, Jack the Giant Killer and Jack and the Beanstalk. The film stars Nicholas Hoult and Ewan McGregor. The film tells the story of Jack, a young farmhand who must r

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美电影简介

He said, I think that we'll succeed in this marketplace 他说 我相信我们可以征服这个市场 because we're a software company, 因为我们是一家软件公司 and everyone we're going to compete with are hardware companies. 而我们的竞争

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Do you really want to be happy? Everyone says yes, but the gateway to happiness makes some of us frown. The gateway to happiness, is giving to others. Think about this: If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, pra

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 我们都是有故事的人之生而为赢

King Kong faces a dinosaur in battle Cinema goers in the UK are licking their lips in anticipation of the films to be released in time for the Christmas holidays. And this year it looks like they will be spoiled for choice as fantasy films continue

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. There are many natural wonders in the United States. Today, we take you to seven man-made wonders in America. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Against the city'

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-09 Social Media Support for IS Higher in Europe, US The further you are from violence in the Middle East, the more likely you are to have a good feeling about the Islamic State and express those opinions on social media. That finding

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Cupidity and cruelty may drive him to the woods, and to seek more quiet seats; 贪婪残忍的人们或许将它们驱赶到森林荒野,它们只能寻求更为僻静的地方, but be merciful and kind to him, and he will visit your barnyard, 如果

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Let me say a few words about VeriFone's capabilities. 现在我简单地谈一谈有关VeriFone的情况。 They started by providing solutions in the physical world with equipment such as payment terminals. 他们起先提供诸如支付终端这样的

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

More than half of the over one hundred native California tongues have disappeared. Many others have only a few, aging speakers. When this last fluent generation dies, languages spoken by Californians over centuries, will also die. At a recent gatheri

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

俄乌冲突波及敖德萨旅游业 While the separatist crisis continues in two small regions of eastern Ukraine, the rest of the country is trying to return to business as usual, including the port and resort city of Odessa in the south. The impac

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年7月

Chinese Kids Learn Symphony from Peter and the Wolf Peter and the Wolf, a symphonic fairy tale for children, recently came to Beijing. The Beijing Concert Hall arranged a concert that culminated with a performance of the famous piece by the renowned

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

THIS IS AMERICA - Finding Nature in America's National Park System By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, August 01, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Doug J

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Hi everyone. Im Peddy Kim. Get ready and pack your bags for the playground known as New Zealand, a country whose people are nicknamed for their famous flightless bird, the kiwi. New Zealandit was discovered by humans less than a thousand years ago, t

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

One of the jobs that elephants are used for is hauling, lifting, and loading the heavy logs of teak. 大象常干的工作之一就是帮助装卸这些沉重的柚木木料。 I thought I should like to have an elephant myself, so I bought a nice on

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

I have told you of a White Sea and a Black Sea. Here is a Red Sea. It is a long, narrow sea bordering Arabia. 我介绍过白海和黑海,现在要讲红海了,它是与阿拉伯毗连的一个狭长的海。 I don't know why it's called Red, unl

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

More than half of the over one hundred native California tongues have disappeared. Many others have only a few, aging speakers. When this last fluent generation dies, languages spoken by Californians over centuries, will also die. At a recent gatheri

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

State Security officials in Liaoning province are investigating a Canadian couple, suspected of stealing state secrets. Xinhua news agency identified the two as Kevin Garratt and Julia Dawn Garratt. The Foreign Ministry has said the couple is suspect

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年08月