星期五晚上,Jason和Wanda准备下班,跟同事Larry说再见。 Jason: Goodnight, Larry! I'm heading home. It's been a long day. Larry: Goodnight, Jason. Have a good evening. Wanda: You're not going home, Larry? L: Na...thought I'd try and f

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chris向一家香港公司的老板 Hank 和部门主管Rebecca介绍申请国际认证的程序。首先是安全,其中还有防范恐怖袭击的要求。老板Hank表示不解。 C: Well, after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, all the r

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

一家香港公司的老板Hank带Chris去见部门主管Rebecca。 Hank: Rebecca, I'd like you to meet Chris Lee. Rebecca: How do you do, Mr. Lee? Chris: Very well, thank you. And call me Chris. H: Chris is here to walk us through the certification

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam想帮他克服这个障碍。Pam问 Jimmy, P: When you are walking down the street, do you judge the people you see? J: Not really. Maybe only if they're weari

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司老板召集手下Lisa和Ken开会,商量公司上市的问题。Jerry说, Jerry: Well, I've called you here today because we have to make a very important decision, one that affects the future of our company. As you know...we have been a p

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Gina带美国老板Jason去购物。 Gina: Good morning, Jason. How did you sleep? Jason: Pretty well, thanks. Still feeling the effects of jet lag a bit, but last night I got at lease six hours of rest. G: Great! So, are you ready for a full day of

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

王小姐到美国使馆签证,签证官Bob Jones受理她的申请,Bob得知王小姐是研究古迹的专家后,觉得这个行业很有意思。 B: Wow, that sounds like an interesting line of work. I see here you are a citizen of People's R

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lenny说服同事Susan去参加万圣节派对,Susan不知道该穿什么,Lenny说, L: Back when I was a kid, everyone came dressed as a ghost or a mummy or a vampire. These days there are lots of costumes available and people try their best to

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

很久不见的好友Lisa, Karen和Gina一起吃饭。三个人都说,现在手头很紧,彼此交换勤俭持家的经验。Gina说,她们家实行三十天规则,想买什么东西,先要等上三十天,如果三十天过后还觉得需要

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jerry要去中国出差,找同事Amy请教。 Jerry: My book on Chinese culture says that the idea of shame is a big part of how society works. A: That's true. Chinese culture places more value on the group and less on the individual. J: Pretty muc

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

三角洲通讯公司老板John Smith到银行申请贷款,接待他的是银行负责人Ted Johnson。史密斯想申请个人贷款,用来修建公司的新仓库。Ted Johnson说,除了需要物品抵押外,还有一个要求。 T: I know

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司副总裁Jason到上海,由Gina接待。 Jason: Hello Gina! We've spoken so many times on the phone but's it's so good to finally meet you in person! G: Hello sir. Good to meet you, too. J: Oh, please don't call me sir. Just call me Jason. G:

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lisa向同事Jonah抱怨,美国机场安检太麻烦。Jonah解释说: J: Anyone could be a bad guy. Remember that guy who tried to blow up a plane with a bomb in his shoes? He got through security too easily because he had a UK passport. L: Yeah

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

美国驻中国员工Tiffany 跟中国同事Kelly聊天儿。 Kelly Yan: So Tiffany, you've been working with us here in China for a few months now. Are you still feeling culture shock? Tiffany Scolini: Yes, a bit. But it's much better than the first

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

来自中国的雇员Dana跟同事Charlie聊天儿,说自己要去美国朋友家过圣诞,请Charlie给她讲讲美国人过圣诞的习俗。 D: I've heard that some Americans celebrate and open presents on Christmas Eve, while others choose Ch

来自中国的雇员Dana跟同事Charlie聊天儿,说自己要去美国朋友家过圣诞节。 Dana: Hey Charlie, you're from Boston right? C: Yeah, I'm from Newton. It's a suburb of Boston. D: I'm going to be visiting your hometown for Christmas

And all this meat in one small area attract the scavenger, the short-faced bear. Led by his super sensitive nose, his long limbs carry him many miles a day in search of carrion. He's picked up a scent, but where's the carcass? Sometimes the smaller,

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

But their success hasn't gone unnoticed. From many miles away, the short-faced bear can smell blood on the breeze. He sniffs his way towards the source. Meanwhile, satisfied and sleepy, the pride settles down for a snooze. More than twice the weight

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

Little or no physical activity at work Today, more and more jobs are sedentary. Half the respondents in a recent European Union survey reported little or no physical activity at work. At least two thirds of adults in Western Europe are not sufficient

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 白领美丽英文诵典365

By David McAlary Washington 29 November 2006 As World AIDS Day approaches on December 1, activists complain that the international community is falling short of providing treatment for HIV in developing countries. VOA's David McAlary reports that th

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)