Tigers eat flesh of other animals in the forest. Generally tigers do not kill tigers. They like only the flesh of other animals. A tiger has to be very quick in catching other animals. But an old tiger or a wounded tiger can not run fast. At such tim

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Jackie: Hello, welcome to Entertainment! I'm Jackie Dalton. Many countries have a particular type of food or drink which they become associated with. Swiss chocolate, Cuban rum, American burgers. What are the English most associated with? Well, for

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

My grandfather died when I was a small boy, and my grandmother started staying with us for about six months every year. She lived in a room that doubled as my father's office, which we referred to as

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(286) / 评论(0) 分类 英语精美散文22篇

M adam President and * Members of the General Assembly: When Secretary General Hammarskjolds invitation to address this General Assembly reached me in Bermuda, I was just beginning a series of conferences with the Prime Ministers and Foreign Ministe

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(402) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

> 09 英国农业部正试图阻止口啼疫蔓延 DATE=3-6-01 TITLE=AGRICULTURE REPORT - Foot-and-Mouth Disease BYLINE=George Grow (Start at 58

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

SEOUL, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- South Korea's central bank on Thursday decided to leave the key interest rate at the current level of 2.25 percent for the third straight month. In its monthly monetary(货币的) committee meeting, the Bank of Korea re

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

By Nathan King New York City 12 July 2007 New York's Coney Island is one of the Big Apple's most visited attractions. Its beach, boardwalk and amusement park have been attracting visitors for more than a century. But its largest theme park -- Astrola

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Rob: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. I'm Rob. Amy: And I'm Amy. Rob: Hi Amy. Today we're off to the theatre, to London's Theatreland to be more precise. Amy: Great! Theatreland. That's the area of London where many of

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Once upon a time in Arabia there ruled a Sultan. He had a son. His name was Arfan. One of the courtiers was a witch. She hated the prince Arfan. So she poisoned the mind of the Sultan against his son. She said, You will be over powered by your son pr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Picture you upon your knee Tea for two and two for tea. Me for you and you for me alone. Nobody near us to see us or hear us, No friends or relations on weekend vacations. We won't have it known, dear, That we own a telephone, dear; Day will break a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

阿迪达斯可爱广告歌:Jim Noir - Eanie Meany Jim Noir是一位来自英国曼彻斯特的独立音乐唱作人,总是戴着高高的黑色礼貌身着黑色西服出现在田园之中,充满童趣。他的歌曲是Simon Garfunkel式老调民谣

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文广告歌曲

DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Doug Johnson. FAITH LAPIDUS: And I'm Faith Lapidus. This week on our program, we look at drug use and drug control policy in the United States. (MUSIC) DOUG JOHNSON: Last month, the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Glacier Bay: A Land Reborn This week in our travels through Americas national parks, we revisit the state of Alaska. The northernmost state is home to eight major national parks. Today, we visit one of its most famous parks Glacier Bay. This huge par

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Guinea Bissau Looks to Power Transfer After Presidents Death Recently strengthened relations between Guinea Bissaus Prime Minister and the military should help the country transition to new leadership after the death of President Malam Bacai Sanha wa

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is units of measurethose words and symbols that come after numbers. This first point might seem self-evident: you put a space between the number and the unit of measure. Even though it seems obvious, I'm telling you b

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

BEIJING, July 21 (Xinhua) -- The heaviest rain in 61 years that lashed Beijing Saturday have left at least four people dead and six others injured, local authorities said. Two people were killed and six others injured as strong winds toppled rooftops

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, July 16 (Xinhua) -- Strong downpours and thunderstorms are expected to sweep south China over the coming three days, the National Meteorological Center (NMC) forecast Monday. The storms will hit hardest in regions south of the Yangtze River,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

5 Reasons to Go Through Life Lazy, Drunken, and Stupid I started this blog 16 months, hoping to develop my writing skills, connect with smart people around the world, and create a new income stream. By those standards its been a success. But more imp

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

BEIJING, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) -- China will continue its regulation of land supply for housing use in 2013 to promote the stability of land market and healthy economic growth, a senior land and resources official said on Friday. Xu Shaoshi, minister of l

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NANJING, March 10 (Xinhua) -- Three more workers died in hospital, bringing the death toll to five in platform collapse at a construction site in east China's Jiangsu Province. By 11 p.m., four others injured were still receiving treatment, and among

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻