Unit 7 Section A Pre-reading Activities First Listening Please listen to a short passage carefully and prepare to answer some questions. Second Listening Listen to the tape again. Then answer the foll

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. We all need to eat. So, meals could be a chance to stop what were doing and spend time with the people in our lives. But sometimes they are not. It does not matter if a person is married

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Its the biggest fad in fruit, but can too much of a good thing actually hurt you? Maya Sanchez shows us why the power-packed pomegranates maybe too potent. Its emerged as a mega hit with the hip, health-conscious crowd. I feel like there are so many

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

(WB) Everyone is interested in improving their diet. Adding grains is one of the easiest ways. Many people in the United States have a growing concern about nutrition, so grains are often served in restaurants. And many grains are now available in g

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

Now, it seemed that it shouldn't be so complicated to design a doctor's visit around what people actually need to be healthy. 现在,看起来设计个医生的访问去了解人们要保持健康需要什么并不复杂。 So I created Health Lead

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

科学家研究黑巧克力对健康的好处 Dark chocolate is known to help prevent heart disease, but eating too much of it may be not so good for your body weight. But never fear! Scientists are looking for a way to concentrate dark chocolate's h

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年3月

She was in a hurry. She wanted something fast for breakfast. He told her to have milk and cereal. She said that milk upset her stomach. Don't you know that by now? she asked. He said there was soybean milk in the refrigerator. What kind of cereal do

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

MRS. BUSH: Good morning. This is Laura Bush. For the weekly radio address, President Bush has handed the mic over to me. And today, I'd like to talk about something that's close to my heart -- America's heart health. February is American Heart Month

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

Medical Myths and Facts You've read them before and these health tips have been passed down over generations, but do they really work? We applied modern science to some of the most often repeated word

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

By Lawan Davis Broadcast: September 3, 2003 This is Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English Health Report. Intense physical exercise is not the only way to better health. Studies show that walking se

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-环境与健康

Limit Alcohol to Just One Drink a Day, New Study Says This is Whats Trending Today A huge international study has found that adults should not drink more than, on average, one alcoholic drink a day. That means drinking advisements in many countries a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Potatoes are very important in my life. Actually, theyre more important on my dinner plate. I love potatoes. They are amazing vegetables. I cannot count the number of different ways to cook a potato. Potatoes can be fried, baked, mashed, boiled, saut

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Psychologists have known for decades that unpleasant childhood experiences can affect a person's mental health for a lifetime. But new research suggests childhood traumas might also have long term effects on physical health. Dunedin study began in th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

AVOID PROCESSED FOOD ADDITIVES 拒绝食物添加剂 The bacteria in our bodies outnumber our cells by ten times. Collectively, they are called our microbiome and it turns out to have a sweeping say in whether we live robustly to a ripe old age. 我们

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

I've spent the last decade subjecting myself to pain and humiliation, hopefully for a good cause, which is self-improvement. And I've done this in three parts. So first I started with the mind. And I decided to try to get smarter by reading the entir

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Mushrooms By Bob Bowen Broadcast: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Year after year, mushrooms of every size and shape pus

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Laboratory rats who breathed Beijings highly polluted air gained weight and experienced cardio-respiratory and metabolic dysfunctions after three to eight weeks of exposure. 实验鼠吸入北京严重污染的空气3-8周后,体重增加,心肺和

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Drinking alcohol in moderation is beneficial to the heart, a new study has revealed. Those who drink wine, spirits or beer regularly are less prone to heart failure and heart attacks than people who rarely or never drink. 一项最新研究表明,适

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Almost half of us think food can only be frozen the day we buy it and 38% think you cant refreeze cooked meat. 我们当中有接近一半的人都认为食物只能在购买当天冷藏,38%的人则认为熟肉制品不宜冷藏。 According to a

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

lose weight 减肥 If I eat less, I'll lose weight. 少吃点的话,我可以减掉体重的。 You look like you've lost weight lately. 你最近好像瘦了点了。 She's been weak ever since and she's lost weight. 自从那时候开始她就一病

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语