New York City-based Pfizer Incorporated, the world's largest pharmaceutical company, has stopped research on torcetrapib, a drug they hoped to sell to treat heart disease. The drug was supposed to raise levels of what is known as good cholesterol. T

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2006

MUSICsound/unit07_newwords_a.mp3/MUSIC TITLENew Words/TITLE ||1overwhelm |vt. |1. affect sb.'s emotions in a powerful way |使受不了;使不知所措 ||||He was suddenly overwhelmed by a strong feeling of sadness. |一阵强烈的孤独感突然袭

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第二册

Can wearing sun glasses make you more vulnerable to sunburn? Are there people who can resist the AIDS virus better than others? Can a human body rust to death? In his new book Survival of the Sickest, a Medical Maverick discovers why we need disease.

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

HEALTH REPORT – December 18, 2002: Eating Nuts Prevents Diabetes By Jerilyn Watson This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A new study shows that eating nuts and peanut butter may help preven

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

HEALTH REPORT - September 11, 2002: McDonald’s Changes its Oil By Nancy Steinbach This is the VOA Special English Health Report. McDonald’s says its fast-food eating places in the United States wi

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

A: Hello, so how are we feeling today? B: Things are going well for me, Dr. Smith. A: Am I correct in thinking that you are here for your annual physical? B: Yes, I am applying for new health insurance, and I need a physical examination to qualify. A

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

A: Good morning, how are you doing today? B: I have been feeling pretty good, Dr. Smith. A: So, I can see by your chart that you are here for your annual physical. B: Yes, I am playing on the tennis team this year, and they are requiring me to get a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. This is World Breastfeeding Week. The celebration is now in its nineteenth year. It grew out of a meeting organized by UNICEF to find ways to support breastfeeding. Jill Hall supports breastfeeding. In f

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Last week a study of one hundred ninety-nine countries and territories confirmed what many people may have already noticed. People around the world are getting fatter. The study found that obesity has al

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Study: To Live Longer, Eat More Chicken and Plant-Based Protein 研究发现多吃鸡肉和植物蛋白有助长寿 The average American eats a lot of red meat, such as beef and meat from other mammals. 通常,美国人食用大量的红肉,如牛肉

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Reducing saturated fat in diet alone isn't enough, study says Art Chimes | Washington, DC 25 March 2010 People who eat more polyunsaturated fats have been found to have a lower risk of heart disease. Related Links-PLoS Medicine article If you're taki

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

A new study of stroke in the United States has found that the rate of brain-damaging blood clots has increased dramatically among people infected with HIV. The increase in strokes coincides with the use of newer, more effective AIDS medicines. Bruce

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(一月)

AILSA CHANG, HOST: Most drugs have side effects, but sometimes it's actually good news. For example, what if the side effects of a cheap and common drug would actually help you fight off the flu? This is not as far-fetched as it might seem, as NPR sc

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

HEALTH REPORT - Doctors Study Benefits of Severely Reduced Calories By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Calories are a measure of energy

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

Matthew: So these days there are warning labels on everything from CDs to cigarettes to fast food, everything. What do you think about that? Should people be warned all the time about everything or do they need to not really have that warning on it?

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

SCIENCE REPORT – January 9, 2002: Red Wine and Heart Disease By George Grow This is the VOA Special English SCIENCE REPORT. British scientists may have discovered the reason why red wine appears to

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

By Carol Pearson Washington, DC 10 February 2006 watch Dark Chocolate report Valentine's Day is the single biggest day for chocolate sales in the United States. More than 36 million boxes of chocolate

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

Today I had an internship at the cancerology department of my faculty. Of all the patients I ever encountered during my internships, I were the most affected by patients suffering from cancer and who had almost no hope of returning back to a normal l

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Clare: Hello this is Clare from the United States, I am talking with Mike from Singapore about obesity and diet in our countries. America is famous for well infamous for being one of the fattest countries in the world. Mike you said that in Singapore

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

本期内容: Hillary Clintons doctor said the Democratic presidential nominee was healthy and fit to serve, and that the 68-year-old was recovering from the bout of non-contagious bacterial pneumonia which sparked alarm at the weekend. Donald Trum

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读