The United States is committed to empowering women all over the world. In too many places around the world today women face barriers barriers to equality, to resources, to opportunities, said USAID's Senior Deputy Assistant Administrator of the Burea

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(12月)

A familiar sound here in Washington, DC and other parts of the Northeastern US, where a lot of people have been shoveling out of as much as a foot of snow. As of this morning, many streets were littered with abandoned cars. Tens of thousands of peopl

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

I came here right after the bombs dropped, and I found Linda's fiance outside. 炸弹一响我就跑回这里,然后我发现琳达的未婚夫就在外面 He was badly wounded. 他受了重伤 He had been trying to help them when he got hit. 他被击

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第一季

The Burgess creatures, they believed, weren't as strange and various as they appeared at first sight. 他们认为,布尔吉斯动物群并不像初看起来那么古怪,那么多种多样。 They were often no stranger than trilobites, Fortey sa

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Good afternoon, I am Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. The Supreme Court essentially threw out a 32-year-old handgun ban in the city of Washington. In a five-four ruling, justices said th

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(六)月

I was puzzled! Why was this old woman making such a fuss about an old copse which was of no use to anybody? She had written letters to the local paper, even to a national, protesting about a projected by-pass to her village, and, looking at a map, th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

It is Friday, April 1st -- no foolin' -- and you're watching CNN Student News! Hello, everyone. I'm Carl Azuz. First up today, we're heading to the North African nation of Libya. But a top ranking official from that country is heading out! Libya's fo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(四)月

LONDON, Aug. 10 (Xinhua) -- The weather for the closing ceremony of the London Olympic Games this Sunday is likely to be in the middle of a spike in air pollution, the British government air pollution forecast predicted on Friday. With just two days

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Two Events Blamed for Dinosaur Deaths Dinosaurs ruled the Earth for about 160 million years. Then they disappeared. Scientists have argued for years about what killed off the dinosaurs. Was it the huge volcanic eruption 66 million years ago in what i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Force Awakens at Star Wars Premiere in Hollywood The new force gathered with the old Monday when Star Wars: The Force Awakens made its world premiere in Hollywood. The Force Awakens is the seventh film in the Star Wars series. The original premiered

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Todd: OK, Steven, what do you want to talk about? 好,Steven,你想谈点什么呢? Steven: Hiking! 徒步旅行! Todd: Hiking! Are you a big mountain man? 徒步旅行!你喜欢爬高山吗? Steven: Yeah, yeah, I really love getting out in

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

I was lucky; Mr. Banner wasn't in the room yet when I arrived. 我很幸运。当我到教室的时候班纳老师还没到。 I settled quickly into my seat, aware that both Mike and Angela were staring at me. 我飞快地坐到座位上,注意到迈

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Cheaper gas. Finally. But why? Well, the legendary summer driving season is over. No hurricanes have damaged Gulf Coast's rigs and refineries. Things are calmer between Israel and Lebanon. And Iran? W

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2006年

-Sheldon: It is, isn't it? 当然了,敢说不是? Is it okay if I hide them in your room? hide: 藏 我把篮子藏你房间里成不? The smell makes me nauseated. smell: 味道 nauseat: 使恶心 那股味道哟,闻了就要吐。 -Leonard: Do

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第二季

But this august dignity I treat of, is not the dignity of kings and robes, but that abounding dignity which has no robed investiture. 我这里讲的尊严不是帝王将相的尊严,而是平民百姓的尊严, Thou shalt see it shining in the a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

概述 非谓语动词用法精讲 在大学英语四六级考试的 词汇 和语法部分中,年年必考的一项语法就是非谓语动词(Non-finite Verb)。 非谓语动词分为三类:不定式(infinitive)、动名词(gerund)和

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Authorities in Beijing have now dropped the yellow alert for smog. The PM 2.5 index in the capital is now sitting at around 100. While still above the Chinese government's safety standard of 75, the PM 2.5 count is down significantly from the near on

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

JERUSALEM, Aug. 27 (Xinhua) -- Amid talks about a looming U.S.- led western attack on Syria, Israelis fearful of a possible Syrian retaliation flock to the gas masks distribution centers across the country, raising the demand by a fourfold in only tw

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

6th of December 1983 1983年12月6日 Dear George, 亲爱的乔治: You once said to us the world is full of assholes and I am not one of them. 你曾经说过这世界上全是混蛋,但是我不是。 I have a love for certain people and I have

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 见信如晤Letters Live

A: Its a beautiful day here in New Zealand at the Mens Volleyball world championship. My name is Rick Fields and Im joined by the man with the plan, Bob Copeland. B: Thank you, Rick. Weve got a very exciting en- counter ahead of us today as two power

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod