These patches which look like shadows are really land and are called by a long name: continents. 这些看起来像阴影的斑块实际上是土地,它们有个很深奥的名字:大陆。 These continents have names, and if their names were pri

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

37Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood-two and a half cubits long, a cubit and a half wide, and a cubit and a half high. 2He overlaid it with pure gold, both inside and out, and made a gold molding around it. 3He cast four gold rings for it and fasten

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 出埃及记

I volunteered this year to build my mother an arbor in her back garden. She has a small patio at the back of her house with three borders(1) for planting. Because it gets so hot from late spring to the middle of autumn, she decided that she'd like a

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Good morning, said Stuart in a friendly voice. 早上好,斯图亚特友好的说。 The repairman raised one hand to his head in a salute. 修理工把一只手举到头上向他致意。 Stuart sat down in the ditch beside him and breathed deeply

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

William Boynton is professor of planetary sciences at the University of Arizona. And he's dedicated his life to looking for water on Mars. The link between life and water is very strong. Even here in

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 火星生命

A City Divided by War, United in Peace 一个城市因战争分离,因和平而团结 Gorlitz, Germany is only a stone's throw from its Polish neighbor, Zgorzelec -- separated by a narrow river. Zgo

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--文化教育动态

Lesson 18 Bean 1.She's always full of beans. 2.That junk isn't worth a bill of beans. 3.She is really a bean counter. 4.I'm sorry,that I spilled the beans. 5.Use your bean and figure it out. 6.I was beaned by a football. 7.He never does beans around

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

Our atmosphere is in constant motion; the moving air that causes our weather circulates between the ground and 50,000 feet. It is the sun that drives this movement. When solar energy reaches earth, it heats the surface and atmosphere, but it does so

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

校园英语口语 Unit20:skiing Can I help you? I want to buy a pair of skis and a pair of poles. Are you a skier? Yes. I'm going skiing in Switzerland. What can I do for you? I'd like a pair of skis. Are you going skiing? Yes, I'm going to a skiing reso

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 校园英语

Our sole difficulty, Captain Nemo went on, lies in our staying submerged for several days without renewing our air supply. 唯一的用难是潜入水底好几天,尼摩船长立即又说。不能调换我们船上储藏的空气。 That's all? I a

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

IWannaBeAFireman Iwannabeafireman Inahookandladdertruck Savingallthebuildings Whenafirehasstruck Iwannabeafireman DoingallIcan That'swhatIwanttobe WhenIgrowuptobeaman Woman They'vegotthosecrazypoles Atthestation Youcansliderightdown Tothefloor Whenyo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国 Kidsongs 英语儿童歌曲

Polish President Will Sign Holocaust Law Polish President Andrzej Duda said Tuesday he will sign a law that would make it a crime to suggest Poles share the blame for Nazi crimes during the Holocaust. 波兰总统安杰伊杜达(Andrzej Duda)称,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Magnet 磁铁 Magnets are very interesting objects. 磁铁是非常有趣的物体。 Each has a positive pole and a negative pole. 每个磁铁都有正负极。 One for each end. 磁铁两端各为一极。 Similar poles push each other away. 磁铁同

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第3册

[Video source: China Plus/Xu Fei, Wang Buwei] A new fantasy movie is coming! The film is called Jiao-zhu-zhuan in Chinese, or Legend of the Naga Pearls. Set in the fictional world of Novoland, it tells the story of a witty thief, a hardworking consta

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Our little party of travelers awakened the next morning refreshed and full of hope, 第二天清晨,他们都醒了过来,重新振作起精神, and Dorothy breakfasted like a princess off peaches and plums from the trees beside the river. 多萝

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

To complicate matters, after Picard's death the father-and-son team of Giovanni and Jacques Cassini repeated Picard's experiments over a larger area and came up with results that suggested that the Earth was fatter not at the equator but at the poles

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Poles can now be fined or even imprisoned if they are caught with a red star, a hammer and sickle or even a Che Guevara t-shirt. Hilary Heuler | Warsaw 15 December 2009 People wave Red flags in front of Vladimir Lenin's monument in Kiev, Ukraine, dur

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Polish Immigrants Rise Above Economic Troubles in Britain Nearly 7 million immigrants live in Britain, and one particular group has grown drastically since 2004 when their countries were admitted to the EU. Today 600,000 Eastern Europeans reside in B

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

I'm deep in the Arctic north fighting a losing battle with the freezing cold and the deep snow. 我正在北极深处 与冰冻和厚雪打没有胜算的战役 I've fixed up a pair of ancient skis with some cloth I found in an old cabin, 我用小屋中

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 荒野求生

That explained where all the sediment went. It was being returned to the bowels of the Earth. It also explained why ocean floors everywhere were so comparatively youthful. None had ever been found to be older than about 175 million years, which was a

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史