《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第13期:寻求生机
英语课
I'm deep in the Arctic north fighting a losing battle with the freezing cold and the deep snow. 我正在北极深处 与冰冻和厚雪打没有胜算的战役
I've fixed 1 up a pair of ancient skis with some cloth I found in an old cabin, 我用小屋中发现的旧窗帘 修复了古老的滑雪板
and I am gonna try and squeeze a bit more life out of them. 我要用它们寻求生机
I've got some improvised 2 ski poles just from a straight bit of willow 3 and a couple of twigs 4 pressed in the end. 我用一根直柳枝 末端绑上两根小细枝 做成临时滑雪杆
And, you know, this is all pretty makeshift,and I am not expecting ski Olympics, 这是很不牢固的 而且我也不是要参加奥运滑雪
but its gonna help me make better progress through this deep snow than if I was on foot. 但是在厚重的雪中 用它走比徒步要好
These old cross-country skis are good on the flat,but not ideal for downhill. 这个破旧的越野滑雪板在平地上还好 但下坡就不行了
Steering 5 them through this deep snow is almost impossible. 在厚雪中它们简直无法操纵
Impossible.And in many ways, I can do more damage than good. 还是不行 我可不能让自己受伤
Doing this can be quite dangerous,skiing amongst trees when you've got no control on skis like this. 你掌控不了像这样的雪橇时 在树间滑雪就很危险
And on these steep slopes, things are going from bad to worse. 特别还是在这么陡峭的坡上 就更危险
It must be 50, 60 foot down that.There's no way I am skiing off that. 这里肯定有五六十英尺高 我不可能从这里滑下去
Hang on, that's a birch tree over there. I've got an idea. 等等 那里有棵桦树 我有办法了
adj.固定的,不变的,准备好的;(计算机)固定的
- Have you two fixed on a date for the wedding yet?你们俩选定婚期了吗?
- Once the aim is fixed,we should not change it arbitrarily.目标一旦确定,我们就不应该随意改变。
a.即席而作的,即兴的
- He improvised a song about the football team's victory. 他即席创作了一首足球队胜利之歌。
- We improvised a tent out of two blankets and some long poles. 我们用两条毛毯和几根长竿搭成一个临时帐蓬。
n.柳树
- The river was sparsely lined with willow trees.河边疏疏落落有几棵柳树。
- The willow's shadow falls on the lake.垂柳的影子倒映在湖面上。
细枝,嫩枝( twig的名词复数 )
- Some birds build nests of twigs. 一些鸟用树枝筑巢。
- Willow twigs are pliable. 柳条很软。
标签:
荒野求生