November 5 is United Nations Tsunami Awareness Day. Tsunami is a Japanese word for a long, destructive ocean wave caused by an undersea earthquake. The goal of the observance is to learn from disasters of the past and to prepare for the future. Two t

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Dinosaur Death Leads to Rise of Fish 恐龙死亡导致鱼类增多 Tens of millions of years ago, an asteroid hit what is now the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. The event led to a global mass extinction that has been linked to the end of the dinosaurs

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

River 河流 A river is usually fresh water and it flows toward an ocean or a lake. 河流通常是指淡水河,它流向海洋或湖泊。 The Nile River is the longest river in the world, and it is about 4170 miles long. 尼罗河是世界上最长

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第1册

April n. 4月 Arab a. 阿拉伯的 n. 阿拉伯人 Arabic a. 阿拉伯语的 n. 阿拉伯语 Arctic a. 北极的 the Arctic 北极 the Arctic Ocean 北冰洋 area n. 面积;地域,地方,区域;范围,领域 argue vi. 争辩, 争论 argume

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 2009高考英语大纲词汇

Newsworthy Clips 2 Lake of Warning System hindered Scientists Who Saw Early Threat By James Janega / 2004, as first appeared in Chicago Tribune . KRT. Distributed by TMSI. With a killer tsunami bearin

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 彭蒙惠英语

Silvia: Hi, my name is Silvia. I'm from Guatemala. Diego: And I'm Diego and I'm from Mexico. And today we're going to talk about ruins in our countries. Silvia: Actually, Guatemala is quite famous for it's Mayan ruins. We have a lot of them all over

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

妇女节快乐! You can do almost anything you put your mind to... 只要你想要没有什么事你做不到... You can swim in the deepest ocean and climb the highest peak. 你甚至能游深海和爬最高的山峰 You can face adversity and st

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

Wk 09 (1 March 1954) USA Tests Its Biggest Nuclear WeaponThis Week in HistoryThe USA explodes a huge hydrogen bomb at Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean. In 1954, the USA tested a massive hydrogen bomb nicknamed Bravo at Bikini Atoll, part of the Mars

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

Waste your life 浪费生命 You don't plan for your future 你不会计划未来 If you don't have a goal or a plan, then you are like a boat that is wandering aimlessly in the ocean hoping to end up somewhere good. But you can't do that. You have t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

(WA) One reason oceanographers analyze the sediment on the ocean floor is to see how long-terms changes in Earth's temperature have affected the depth of the ocean. By analyzing the remains of sea animals in old layers of ocean sediment, oceanograph

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

I now know that there is a happy abundance of science writers who pen the most lucid and thrilling prose. 现在,我知道有好多好多科普作家,他们写出了通俗易懂而又激动人心的散文--Timothy Ferris, Richard Fortey, and Tim

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Don Carlos Sigüenza was the first Atlantis seeker to search for physical proof of the lost continent, but he was not alone in wanting to cast new light on an ancient legend. Across the ocean in 17th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 遗失的大陆

Record Warm Winter in Arctic, Scientists Say New weather information shows the Arctic just had its warmest winter on record. The same information also shows that sea ice hit record lows for this time of year. That means there is plenty of open water

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

You Belong To Me《怪物史莱克》插曲 演唱者:Jason Wade . 这首《You Belong to Me》是Jason Wade为电影《Shrek》(怪物史莱克)创作的插曲,在简洁而充满张力的Acoustic Guitar伴奏下,是Jason Wade低沉、舒缓、不

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 电影歌曲

《野百合也有春天》英文版 like flower in the spring our love has blosom into life the air is filled with love and everlasting happiness like the birds up in the sky that pass us by feeling free and nothing can disturb them don't you know t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 中英翻唱歌曲

Artist:Joseph Arthur Song:You are so true I'm strange And you're strange Don't want you to change No way Ah ha ha ah Why can't I explain Flying to the sun Without a plane When you're here Ah ha ha ah And don't you worry 'bout me babe 'cause I'm ri

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

EXPLORATIONS - Wonders of the World, Part 3, Modern Wonders By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Seismologists spend a lot of time listening to the earth. Ocean acoustic monitors have been providing information on the earths vibrations since the 1930

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

The search has begun for victims in the Indonesia earthquake, a massive 8. 4 quake hit on Sumatra Island. At least ten people have died. Tsunami warnings line the Indian Ocean. A prosecutor in West Virginia says the woman reportedly tortured for days

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

新英语口语900句 地理与地貌 766. Geographically, this country is located in the northern hemisphere. 在地理上,这个国家位于北半球。 767. What kind of climate do you have? Is it mild? 你们这里属于哪种气候?温和吗?

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新英语口语900句