1 Chinese New Year Chinese New Year is the most important festival for Chinese people all over the world. It is also called the Spring Festival or the Lunar New Year. The exact date of the Spring Festival on the Western calendar changes from year to

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(531) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

Pandoras Box When the gods created the earth, they made it a perfect place for man. Each of the gods gave man a gift, such as strength, intelligence, and skills, and they filled the earth with everthing that man nennded to live happily. Fruit tree g

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 希腊神话故事

high school in Fujian Province that has issued rules banning boys and girls from walking together or even chatting to each other has got netizens talking on social media. 福建省一所高中最近出台了一些规定,禁止男女生一起走路、

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2016年

210. I am puzzled by what you just said. W: Do you have a niece named Zhang Qian? M: I'm puzzled by what you just said. W: I remember it clearly. M: I'm puzzled by what you just said. W: You owed me 5,000 yuan last year. M: Why can't I remember? 211.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: more from our interview with Philip Dodd, author of the new book The Reverend Guppy's Aquarium: From Joseph P. Frisbie to Roy Jacuzzi, How Everyday Items Were Named for Extraordin

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

38At that time, Judah left his brothers and went down to stay with a man of Adullam named Hirah. 2There Judah met the daughter of a Canaanite man named Shua. He married her and lay with her; 3she became pregnant and gave birth to a son, who was named

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

Our story is about a girl named Iris. 我们的故事是关于虹膜女孩的。 Iris is very sensitive. So much that she is always in tears. 虹膜很敏感,以至于总是以泪洗面。 She cries when she's sad, when she's happy, and even tears

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

DAKAR, Jan. 9 (Xinhua) -- Senegalese football federation president Augustin Senghor announced Wednesday that French veteran Alain Giresse has been named the new coach of Senegal's national football team. The Frenchman signed a two-year deal which wil

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

HOUSTON, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- Former NBA star Yao Ming was officially named Goodwill Ambassador of the U.S. city of Houston Friday by the city's mayor at a ceremony here. Yao, the former Rockets center who lived in Houston for ten years, was also give

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

30When Rachel saw that she was not bearing Jacob any children, she became jealous of her sister. So she said to Jacob, Give me children, or I'll die! 2Jacob became angry with her and said, Am I in the place of God, who has kept you from having childr

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

Sprigg submitted a paper to Nature, but it was turned down. 斯普里格给《自然》杂志写了一篇论文,但是没有被采用。 He read it instead at the next annual meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

PART II THE SIZE OF THE EARTH 第二部分 地球的大小 Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night; 大自然和大自然的法则藏匿于黑夜之中; God said, Let Newton be! And all was light. 上帝说,让牛顿出世吧!于是世界一片

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Ugly-but-virtuous woman:大家都知道ugly是丑陋的意思,virtuous意思是:品德高尚的,有美德的。这个短语字面意思就丑陋但有美德的女子。 那么它和无盐有什么联系呢? 大家一起看下面的解释:

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

讲解 上期我们说了加拿大排名前10的女孩名字,Today, lets talk about the top 10 mens names in Canada. The king of the mans name is Liam. Liam 看过TWO BROKE GIRLS的童鞋应该记得Max说过,Why is every inbred(天生的) rich g

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

Hello Kitty is one of the most easily recognizable characters in the history of modern culture. She's the smileless (well, mouthless) Mona Lisa. And this year, she's turning 40! But did you know that Hello Kitty is not actually a cat? No? Well that's

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

KIEV, Dec. 24 (Xinhua) -- Members of Ukraine's new cabinet led by Prime Minister Mykola Azarov took oath here Monday, pledging to take steps to improve economy of the country and living conditions of its people. Economic growth is the main task of th

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Stonewall Inn Named LGBT National Monument This is Whats Trending Today The morning after a gunman killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, hundreds of people in New York City gathered outside of a place called The Stonewall Inn. They placed s

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: more from our interview with Philip Dodd, author of the new book The Reverend Guppy's Aquarium: From Joseph P. Frisbie to Roy Jacuzzi, How Everyday Items Were Named for Extraordin

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Oh my god.Hi.Wow. I mean,I cannot believe you are here, 我的天哪 嗨 哇 我想说 我不敢相信你真的来了 Turn around, lillte babe,Let's see how pretty you are. 转过来 小宝贝 让我们看看你有多漂亮 Four-years-old!How did you

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

1/ What can a thirsty traveller find in the country of Lesotho? 1.在莱索托国,旅者要是口渴了可以找到什么? a) The oldest pub in Africa a)非洲最古老的酒吧 b) The highest pub in Africa b)非洲地处最高的酒吧 c) The ch

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间