A Streetcar Named Desire Stanley: Was this before or after you got the telegram? Blanche: Telegram? Telegram…Oh, as a matter of fact, my wire... Stanley: As a matter of fact, there wasn’t no wire

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

Kafka on the Shore By Haruki Murakami The Boy Named Crow So youre all set for money, then? the boy named Crow asks in his characteristic sluggish voice. The kind of voice you have when youve just woken up and your mouth still feels heavy and dull. B

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 海边的卡夫卡

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky . Got a minute ? Creationists often publish lists of a few dozen scientists who doubt Darwin. So in 2003, the National Center for Science Education put together a list of 200 scientist

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

绕口令是挑战!英语绕口令更是挑战? 你想挑战吗? 快点加入吧! Have a try! 英语绕口令 A Finnish fisher named Fisher failed to fish any fish one Friday afternoon and finally he found out a big fissure in his fishing-net

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

SCENE① C 柔丝家 【真是有点俗气】 Sue: He named it after you. 苏: 他用你的名字取的。 Rose: So? 柔丝: 所以咧? Sue: That's kind of 1) cheesy . He 2) obviously likes you.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 网络社交

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(284) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

A Finnish fisher named Fisher failed to fish any fish one Friday afternoon and finally he found out a big fissure in his fishing-net. Notes: 1. Finnish:芬兰的 2. fissure:裂缝 Where is the watch I

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

A man in northern China has been arrested on his wedding day after his wifes family realised that the 200 guests he invited from his side as family and friends were paid actors. According to local media in Shaanxi province, the family of the wife, su

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(452) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Neil: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English, the programme in which we discuss something from the news and teach you a few useful words and phrases on the way! Im Neil and joining me today is Rosie. Hi Rosie. Rosie: Hi Neil. Neil: Weve got a story ab

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Dialogue A (A:A young man B:Receiver) A:Hello.Can I talk to Miss Anna Li,please? B:I beg you pardon?Miss who? A:Miss Li.Anna Li. B:I'm sorry,but I don't know that name.Yo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. In the United States, the third Monday in February is a federal holiday. Federal law calls it Washington's Birthday, honoring the nation'

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

EDUCATION REPORT - Winners of Children's Book Awards AnnouncedBy Karen Leggett Broadcast: Thursday, February 09, 2006 This is Shep O'Neal with the VOA Special English Education Report. Every year, the

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(二)月

35Then God said to Jacob, Go up to Bethel and settle there, and build an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you were fleeing from your brother Esau. 2So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, Get rid of the foreign gods y

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

The 58-year-old groom, surnamed Zhu, was officially wed to his wife, surnamed Zhang, on Monday afternoon at the Chang'an district civil affairs bureau, where Zhu claimed they had been denied certificates weeks earlier because he couldn't read or writ

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

LONDON, April 29 (Xinhua) -- Roy Hodgson is set to be named as the manager of England after it was revealed the West Brom manager is in talks with the Football Association. The 64-year-old is the only candidate to have been interviewed for the role,

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

中国报告4个新H7N9病例 FUZHOU, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- Four new cases of human infection of H7N9 bird flu were reported in east China's Zhejiang and Fujian provinces on Thursday, according to provincial health authorities. The cases involve a 30-y

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SANTIAGO, May 2 (Xinhua) -- Chilean soccer club Universidad de Chile, well known as La U, are the third best club in the world behind Spain's Barcelona and Real Madrid, according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFF

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, March 18 (Xinhuanet) --In February this year, Chinese National Geographic magazine published a series of exquisite pictures about Shicheng City (literally, Lion City), and since then, the public's strong interest in the city has been aroused

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

PARIS, May 10 (Xinhua) -- Montpellier's Moroccan playmaker Younes Belhanda was voted African player of Ligue 1 on Thursday. The Moroccan international topped the vote by journalists, beating Marseille's Cameroon defender Nicolas Nkoulou and Gabonese

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

KYIV As Ukraine expands its military offensive in the east, Kyiv residents worry about the growing conflict and wonder if the planned May 25th national election can proceed under these conditions. Maidan Independence Square was the center of the prot

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻