After breakfast, the Aldens walked along the winding trail that went out to the old fishing lodge. There must be an explanation for this, said Henry. What is it? asked Benny. Well follow the clues and find out, said Jessie. I see Madison, said Violet

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

When could Simio have taken Blakes camera? Jessie asked Henry and Benny. Do you remember when we visited the butterfly pavilion after lunch yesterday? Henry asked his sister. After she nodded, he continued. There was a zookeeper carrying a little mon

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 127 Monkey Trouble

THIS IS AMERICA - A Story for Halloween: She Reaps What She Sows CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Christopher Cruise. This Monday night, millions of American children will celebrate Halloween. Dressed in cost

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Model 1 Would you like to join? Matthew: Hey, Jason. Why are you packing in such a hurry? Jason: Im off to Miami for the holiday. How about you, Matt? Matthew: I havent decided yet. May be Ill just stay on campus. Jason: How would you like to escape

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

Back now with Day to Day, I'm Madeleine Brand. It's President's Day, so let's talk about presidents and the economy and the old axiom that presidents don't have much control over the economy is not always true. Marketplace's Matthew Algeo joins

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And Im Robin Basselin. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Marina Cantacuzino is a news

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

146 a marvelous bit of masonry My maid Matthew has always been a bit of maverick. His No.1 macsome appears to be look out for No.1, by that expression, he means himself. He does whatever he thinks is right, and he offers his comments on whatever com

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

A waitress who worked in a truck stop restaurant received $50,000 in a will. The popular Do-Drop-In Truck Stop is on interstate 10 just west of El Paso, Texas. Its open 24/7, and it seats 80. Matthew had been a regular customer there for the last ten

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

工作累了,就趴在办公桌上小睡片刻,这样有助于提高你的记忆力。据英国《每日邮报》报道,德国一项最新研究发现,白天打个盹不仅可以使人恢复体力,还能帮助大家提高记忆力。 To Lea

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Matthew McConaughey stars in a new legal drama as a defense attorney with a case that could make him a star or end his career. It's adapted from a novel by Michael Connelly who praises the film version as true to the spirit of his best seller. Here's

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Matthew: Hi, everybody. My name's Matthew White and I'm here interviewing Mary Birch-Harmon, who we lovingly call MB. MB, we know you go on lots of trips for Habitat For Humanity. Could you please explain exactly what is Habitat? MB: Sure. Habitat Fo

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

So this is what you meant? When you said that you were spent? And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit, right to the top. Don't hold back. Packing my bags and giving the Academy a rain check. I don't ever wanna let you down. I don't ever

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

THIS IS AMERICA - Roof-Top Beehives Sweeten DC Hotel Offerings SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Shirley Griffith. MARIO RITTER: And Im Mario Ritter. This week on our program, we meet a man who shares his love of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

BBC Learning English London Life Princess Beatrice Amber:Hello, I'm Amber, and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com. In London Life today, we travel back in time to hear about the life of Princess Beatrice, the youngest of Queen Victorias nine

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

DAVID GREENE, HOST: You know, it's pretty rare for a book about a wrenching social problem to read like great literature. But when Evicted: Poverty And Profit In The American City came out in 2016, it won a Pulitzer Prize and a MacArthur genius grant

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

作为经典美剧《老友记》的铁杆粉丝,你是不是很希望他们能够重聚再拍个续集?日前三位主演 Jennifer Aniston、Matthew Perry 和 Courteney Cox 就在脱口秀节目《艾伦秀》上给大家带来了一段老友重聚的

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

作为经典美剧《老友记》的铁杆粉丝,你是不是很希望他们能够重聚再拍个续集?日前三位主演 Jennifer Aniston、Matthew Perry 和 Courteney Cox 就在脱口秀节目《艾伦秀》上给大家带来了一段老友重聚的

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

Out of Reach - Matthew Perryman Jones You're always bound to fall There's nothing you can do The weight of gravity begins To pull you down again So what are you to do now? Stuck between the hope and doubt You get so close to clarity Makes you questio

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out You left me in the dark No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight In

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Oh whoa oh oh oh Oh whoa oh oh oh Oh whoa oh oh oh Oh whoa oh oh oh Be-be careful making wishes in the dark, dark Can't be sure when it hit that mark And besides in the mean, mean time I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart I'm in the deep details wi

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音