SCOTT SIMON, HOST: There's a truce in Utah's Canyon Country between preservationists and off roaders in Recapture Canyon, which is prized for its sensitive Native American cultural sites. And as NPR's Kirk Siegler reports, the agreement there could r

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

The financial problems in the US are a worry not just to the United States. Many countries throughout the world will be affected. How will New Zealand be affected? Both the Prime Minister, Helen Clark, and the leader of the National Party, John Key,

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Each championship has a personality of its own; it's got a few different people involved in it. Obviously, watching Tim Duncan being the common threat to them all is especially satisfying and amazing to me. Uh he's able to do what he does with that

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

1.Read aloud paragraphs 21-23 and learn them by heart. 2.Read aloud the following poem: Giving Thanks Author Unknown For the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped, For the labor well done,and the barns that are heapde, For the sun and the dew

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语综合教程

Peg Steinberg was diagnosed not once but twice with cancer. Through the difficult times of bouncing in and out of good health, Peg and her son, Dan, recall the source of their strength: family unity. Time again for StoryCorps, where friends and love

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

今天我们要学的词是 bicker. bicker 的意思是争吵,拌嘴。 Apple won't release its first 5G Phone for another 2 years while bickering with its supplier, Intel, over 5G chips that generate too much heat. 苹果公司要到两年后才会发

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

You think you've heard this before I'll try and say it differently As long as it comes naturally to me It's been makin' me sad 'Cause I can't find a better way To speak the words I want to say to you Know I love you Know I need you That I want you to

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Jerusalem, Part 1: Why It Matters to Jews State-of-the-art trains crisscross the ancient landscape, their sound and their presence serving as reminders of why Israelis and Palestinians struggle for control of Jerusalem. For Israelis, the train is a s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

Sex Matters for Sleeping Sickness Microbes Scientists are keeping a close eye on the mating habits of microscopic organisms, including those that cause African sleeping sickness. They say what happens between two parasites can have major consequences

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

US Diplomat: Military Help Sought During Benghazi Attack The attack, and the killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya, shocked the nation and sparked calls for an investigation. Eight months later, the controversy and the allegations continue. The for

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: As Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg testified for Congress today, we sat wondering, how much do Americans care about their online privacy? What's OK for companies to collect about you, and what's not? So we went out here in Washing

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST: Here's something pretty wonderful. Meet actress Marsha Hunt. Now 100 years old, she was part of the golden age of Hollywood and then the golden age of live television. Off screen, she lived through the McCarthy era and survive

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. 享受生活,快快乐乐,这才是最重要的。 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.4

This week, a major finance company, Hanover Finance, announced it is in trouble. They have decided to freeze all investor funds. This means that people who have invested money in their company cannot take it out again at the moment. The company hopes

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

After talks with John Key, the co-leaders of the Maori Party, Tariana Turia and Pita Sharples, have agreed to hold many hui (meetings) throughout New Zealand. It is likely that John Key has offered the Maori Party a chance for one or two of their mem

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

By Greg Flakus Uncertain, Texas 08 February 2008 Environmentalists and conservationists work to protect natural areas around the world and are often supported in by local people who want to maintain their rural lifestyle. One such place is Caddo Lake

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

今天我们要学的词是bearing. Bearing is spelled b-e-a-r-i-n-g, bearing. Bearing 意思是关系,意义。我们常用 to have bearing on something 意思就是同某事有关系,对某事有影响。The decision had much bearing on the way

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是bounty。 Bounty, 是奖金的意思。A bounty hunter, 指为了得到悬赏而追捕逃犯或猎物的人。美国爱奥华州一个只有两百个居民的小镇最近出现了猫灾。The town is offering a $5 bounty fo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是go south。 说一件事情to go south意思是出了问题。The stock market went south after a brief morning rally, 股票市场早上短暂上涨后迅速走跌。The secret mission went south and was immediately called

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: But there are a lot of people who choose to be alone, and are not necessarily lonely. It's not a bad thing! Some suggest that solitude is essential for creativity and it can improve your attentio

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文