Making Comparisons Female: Now we know that the English language is 1) set up for maximum 2) clarity. We also know that it’s important to make sure that all the units you’re talking about agree. M

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

初级英语听力(新版) Lesson8 Here comes my secretary. She is an extremely good-looking young woman, don't you think? Yes, but she isn't very good at her work. Perhaps you are right. But I like her all the same. Good evening, and how have you sp

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力新版

—I'm going to buy a new carpet. —But you can't do that. —Why can't I? —We haven't got enough money. —What are you going to do this afternoon? —I'm going to weed the garden. —Are you goin

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 听力每日练习补充

29 'On the first day of the seventh month hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. It is a day for you to sound the trumpets. 2As an aroma pleasing to the Lord , prepare a burnt offering of one young bull, one ram and seven male lambs a year ol

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 民数记

1、在特殊情况下,公司可以在原定的投标有效期之前,向投标人提出有效期延长到规定时间的要求。 In exceptional circumstances, prior to the expiry of original tender validity period, the company may demand the ten

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Little girls are made of sugar and spice and, according to a study published in the journal Cell, a fierce determination to maintain their girlishness. Because it seems that a single gene keeps their ovaries from turning into testes. Scientists have

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

baleful, ['beilfəl] adj 邪恶的(不吉利的);恶意的=harmful=ominous=deadly=sinister=malefic=maleficent=malign 【记】我终于查清了,那个大包裹bale是后勤部长扔的,里边都是废纸,它报复我,它太

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

The One With The Ring -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Written by: Andrew Reich I should run him under hot water and bang his head against a table? Phoe

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 六人行—第6-10季

College students in China prefer paying bills through mobile devices, a survey has found. 一项调查发现,中国大学生更喜欢用移动设备来支付账单。 The study, conducted by China University Media Union and Ant Financial Services G

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Male: Hello, this is the press office. Michelle: Rachel Allsop please. Male: Im sorry, You must have the wrong number . Theres no-one of that name here. Michelle: Oh. Can I check the number Ive got. is that not 5568790? Male: No, its 5558790. Michel

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语

Male: With a presentation, I think the aims and the structure need to be clear. Male 2: I like to wait until the end of the presentation before people feed back on what Ive just said , rather than interruptions throughout the presentation. Male 3 I

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语

> 38 信息和通讯技术的发展使人们广泛运用互联网成为可能 DATE=4-23-01 TITLE=DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Community Broadcast Radio BYLINE=Gary Garriott (Start at 59

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(426) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

There are plenty of things you can feel positive knowing about Garfield - the cat who loves lasagna, hates Mondays and adores a teddy bear named Pooky. But last week, without warning, there rose a strange and sudden debate around a question about the

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

10) Spain (Overall life expectancy: 82 years) 10)西班牙(总体平均寿命:82岁) Women live longer than men in Spain. The nation ranks fifteenth in life expectancy for males (79 years) and fourth in female life expectancy (85 years). The

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

WHEN a woman breaks a glass ceiling and becomes the presidential nominee of a major political party, what should men think? 当有一名女性打破玻璃天花板成为主要政党的总统提名人时,男性应当作何感想? Should men applau

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Another example: 还有一个例子 a few years ago I got a call from a man who was 19 years old, 几年前,我接到一个十九岁的男孩打来的电话 who was born a boy, raised a boy, 他生下来是个男孩,也被当作男孩来养 had a

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Back in the Eighties, women who wanted to succeed in business were expected to power dress and act like a devil dog. Thirty years on it seems the reverse might be true. 在上世纪八十年代,想在商业上取得成功的女性给人们留下的印

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

表姑 Second cousin 表叔 Second cousin 表兄弟 Father's sister's sons; male cousin 表兄弟 Maternal male cousin 表侄 Second cousin 表姊妹 Father's sister's daughters; female cousin 表姊妹 Maternal female cousin 伯父/大爷 Father's o

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

初级英语听力(新版) Lesson7 Is that Mrs. Brown? No, it isn't. It's Mrs. Bright. Is she English? No, she isn't. She is American. Is there any cream in the refrigerator? No. There isn't any, I'm afraid. Is there any milk, then? Yes, there is ple

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力新版

I think a doctor should be a friendly person. Yes. I agree. Would you like some more potatoes? I'm sorry I can't manage any more. Thank you. Would you like something to drink? Just coffee, please. Are you sure? Quite certain. Thank you. What are you

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 初级英语听力新版