Welcome to This Is America with VOA Learning English. Steve Ember brings you music for the New Year. In the United States and other countries, this old Scottish song, Auld Lang Syne is played when a new year begins. The song is about remembering old

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

By Parke Brewer Lee Lai Shan competes in women's windsurfing, or Mistral, competition. Her first Olympics was in 1992 in Barcelona, where she placed 11th. But she won the gold four years later in Atla

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--雅典奥运

Libyan rebels and government forces have staged several offensives in the battle for control of the country. To get a clearer picture of the situation on the ground, VOA's Susan Yackee spoke to our correspondent Phil Ittner who is currently in the op

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

被人要求自我介绍,通常问题是这样: -Please introduce yourself. -Could you introduce yourself? 自我介绍应包含:1. Name 2. family 3.education 4. work experience 5. hobbies 6. future plans 7. hopes

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 这句英语怎么说

Topics: American Authors James Baldwin; Famous Songs High Hopes; homeless versus destitute; odd versus odds; I'm not a has-been. I am a will-be. Words: preacher strict to base something on sexual orientation civil rights high hopes discouraged ant ca

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

BBC Learning English People and Places Hopes and highlights Jackie:Hello, welcome to BBC Learning English dot com with me Jackie Dalton and Id like to wish you Happy New Year as 2008 is upon us. In this programme, were going to be talking about high

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Every day, millions of people around the world drink water from wells that are polluted with high levels of arsenic. Arsenic is an element that can be released into groundwater by soil and rocks. Ov

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(二)月

I do not know what to do.. 我不知该怎么办。 You look so upset. What's wrong? 你看上去很沮丧。怎么了? I don't know. I do not know what to do. 不知道。我不知该怎么办。 I give up. 我放弃了。 I give up. 我放弃了。

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

Faced with a patriarchal society, they have found that by helping each other out, all benefit. 面对这个父权社会,她们发现,藉由帮助彼此,所有人都能得到好处。 In my previous job, I was the most senior woman in the Middle

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Direction:There are certain qualities which we must possess if we are to succeed in life. Study the provided illustration carefully.Please include: 1) a detiled description of the illustration; 2) you

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

今天我们要学的词是translate。 Translate, 大家都知道,Translate是翻译的意思。不过,translate还有另外一个意思,那就是转变,变成。Translate words into actions, 把言辞落实为行动。The parents hope the i

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

GUADALAJARA, MEXICO, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Jacques Rogge on Friday said he expects an excellent execution of the 2011 Pan American Games held in Mexico's second largest city of Guadalajara. I think

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, July 10 (Xinhua) -- China's badminton head coach Li Yongbo on Tuesday said the badminton team has prepared well for the London Olympic Games but won't set goals for the all-mighty team. Now the team is in good shape and doesn't have any inju

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Maybe the happy ending is this: knowing that through all the pain and embarrassment, you never ever gave up hope. 语音讲解 单词发音 ending /ˈendɪŋ/ embarrassment /ɪmˈbrəsmənt/ hope /həʊp $ hoʊp/ 连词发音 happy ending is /ˈhpi'jˈ

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Part 4. Language Study and language appreciation. Listen to the following statements you have learned in the previous and present units. Pay special attention to the parts in bold type. Learn to appreciate and use the language. 1. to have a daily cir

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step 3000 第二册

Sometimes When I lie awake at night I think about how far we made it together We were wild I knew we would always be Maybe it's all part of finding our heaven Even if it breaks your heart Even if it tears your world apart Still you keep holding on If

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

When you come home tonight my love Will you take me our somewhere? You're sp good at getting my hopes up Where they don't belong I can't reach them This is the place that appears in my mind Covered with orange lights That I've seen countless times Wh

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

释义: have a chance 有机会 表示有的机会或可能性,可以用 with+名词或 to+动词说明机会的具体内容。前文中提到的 take a chance 表示抓住机会,可以理解成冒一次险。 例句: I think I have a chance

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

The regime theoretically restricts everyone, but in practice a few men have structured Gilead so they have all the power, especially over women. 理论上,这个政权限制了所有人的权力,但实际上,少数的男人创立基列是为了掌

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文