Get Your Kicks on Route 66 66号公路美国大街 This week, we go for a ride through the colorful history of Route 66, a road that has been called The Main Street of America. The idea for Route 66 started in Oklahoma. Citizens there wanted to link

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

More than 1,500 costumed interpreters and re-enactors roam the streets of colonial Williamsburg every day. Colonial Williamsburg, in the eastern U.S. state of Virginia, is an open-air living museum, populated by historical re-enactors, also called in

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

What famous interesting places can I see in Beijing? 在北京我能参观哪些名胜古迹呢? What famous interesting places can I see in Beijing? 在北京我能参观哪些名胜古迹呢? At least three places for you to visit. 至少可以去

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

Hi everybody. Seven years ago, the American auto industry was on the brink of collapse. Plants were closing. Hundreds of thousands of workers were getting laid off from jobs that had been their ticket to a middle-class life. And as the pain spread ac

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

BBC says new commitments to preserve the character and heritage of the country's post boxes have been set out by Royal Mail and Historic England. 英国邮筒知多少 There are some 85,000 boxes - the classic pillars and others mounted on walls or p

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

UNIT 14 Asking the Way Outdoors Integrated Skills Development Dialogues A. How Can I Get to the Harbor? Mark, a foreign sailor, is going back to his ship after he did some shopping in the city. But he

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 成人高教英语教材

THIS IS AMERICA - Southern Friendliness Meets American History in Charleston By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Monday, November 14, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Threatened Australian Animal Back in the Wild for the First Time in a Century For the first time in more than a century, bilbies are running wild in Southeastern Australia. 一个多世纪以来,兔耳袋狸首次奔跑在了澳大利亚的南部地区

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

OBAMA: Iran Deal Makes America, World Safer 奥巴马称伊朗核协议 令世界更安全 The American president Wednesday defended the historic agreement reached with Iran Tuesday. Barack Obama said the deal represents the worlds best way to ensure

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Burma to Welcome Obama for Historic Visit Burma is set to welcome U.S. President Barack Obama for meetings with President Thein Sein and opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi. Newspaper seller Oo Zay Yar says the nation welcomes Obama and hopes his visi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

The Lebanese city of Saida is known for its historic ruins dating to the 5th century BC. It also is known for its giant garbage dump, which residents call trash mountain. The mountain has grown steadily for more than 30 years, and city residents, tou

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

EXPLORATIONS - Lower East Side Tenement Museum Recreates Life in New York City for Immigrants 100 Years Ago By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Gwen Outen. VO

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -August 25, 2002: Richard Rodgers By Nancy Steinbach (Image -Smithsonian Institution) VOICE ONE: I’m Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I’m Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(246) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

本期内容: Catastrophic flooding in the US state of Texas is only expected to worsen in coming days as waters rise following a storm of historic proportions. A record 30 inches of rain has already fallen on the city of Houston in the wake of Hur

发表于:2019-02-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

模仿句子:Thursday was a historic moment in the 24-year-history of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, the ICTY. It delivered its verdict in the case of the former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic. 翻译:这周四

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

I've learned about Smithies writing honors theses on subjects that I not only don't understand but I can't even pronounce 我发现 很多史密斯人的荣誉论文标题我不仅无法理解 甚至不会发音 Like Lisa Stephanie Cunden's thesis on

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

The Spring Festival is the most important holiday for the Chinese people; this year, the Lunar New Year has become an international celebration. In Europe, many countries are participating in the celebration of Chinese Spring Festival, including Brit

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

13. The Imperial Palace is the architectural masterpiece in ancient time. 故宫是古代建筑的杰作。 还能这样说: The Imperial Palace is a masterpiece among the ancient architectures. The Imperial Palace is a magnificent work among the a

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

1. What places of historic interests are in China? 中国有哪些名胜古迹? 还能这样说: What places of historic interests does China have? What places of historic interests does China own? 应用解析: make interest with sb. 某人施加

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

U.S. President Barack Obama will make a historic visit to Hiroshima during a trip to Japan this month, the first by a sitting American president. The White House says the visit is slated for May 27. Hiroshima is the site of the first U.S. nuclear att

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年