Old Airplanes Left in Elephants Shelter Get New Homes Over 100 years ago, Britains military had about 2,000 de Havilland DH.9 airplanes. The military used the planes for British bombing raids over Germany during World War I. The DH.9s were known as s

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Reported Speech and the 'Historic Present' Tense The 2008 film, The Dark Knight, tells the story of Batman, a fictional superhero. At one point in the movie, Batman's enemy, the Joker, says the following lines: My father was a drinker and a fiend. An

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2014-07-04 Cambodian Cultural Artifacts under Attack 柬埔寨文物受到损坏 Over the past 40 years, Cambodias cultural treasures have been under attack. Many artifacts have disappeared from ancient religious centers and other historic s

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(七)月

However, to me, the 500 is 但是对我来说这500个(遗产) really just the first 500. 只是一个开始 In order to sustain our work into the future, 为了在将来把我们的工作持续下去 we use technology centers 我们通过与技术

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

Topics: Andersonville Prison; garbage versus litter versus trash versus rubbish; downtime; pronouncing eight, height, and weight Words: Confederacy Union slavery to capture prisoner of war starvation disease skeleton war crimes to be hanged to execut

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Before you listen We suggest you do the vocabulary activity below before you listen. Then listen to the episode and do the first task to check your understanding. Finally, practise some vocabulary and grammar. Match the words and phrases in the boxes

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力 大城市小世界

Boston Tries to Keep Visitors Coming to the City Welcome to This Is America from VOA Learning English. Im Kelly Jean Kelly. And Im Mario Ritter. Today we talk about the city of Boston, Massachusetts. Boston has been in the news recently because of th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Iraqi Leaders Hail Signing of Interim Constitution as Historic Kerry Sheridan Iraq's interim leaders signed a new temporary constitution Friday, hailing the document as historic and one that reflects

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

Leaving the store Acheng:Where are we headed now? Sophia: To a historic coffeehouse. It's got a little Mafia story to it. Acheng:Awesome. Was someone killed there? Sophia: Oh, yeah, while he was eating, and he was a pretty famous Don. Acheng:Cool! Is

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

主餐一道:泛听练习 以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

Essaouira's fishermen are getting ready for another year out on the water. All through this Moroccan port, the sounds of boat building and the smell of fresh paint are optimistic signs. But a lot of these is just wishful thinking. Essaouira's sea cat

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

AMERICAN MOSAIC - A Report on Podcasting / Music By Bobby Short / A Question About April Fool's Day By Ed Stautberg and Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Friday, April 01, 2005 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERI

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

Malaysias national news agency [Bernama] reported Monday that the nations ruling families have agreed to vote for a new king. King Muhammed V served as Malaysias largely ceremonial chief of state until he unexpectedly resigned on Sunday. The vote on

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

History 历史 What is history? 历史是什么? It is a written record of human activities over time. 它是人类过去活动的文字记载。 Historians discover these records in study history. 历史学家在研究历史的时候发现这些记载

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第11册

'OSLO' Tells The Surprising Story Behind A Historic Handshake SCOTT SIMON, HOST: It's a scene from history. Yitzhak Rabin, Israeli prime minister, Yasser Arafat, Palestine Liberation Organization chairman, shaking hands on the White House lawn, Septe

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Todd: So, Mike, you were born in Europe, but grew up in Canada. Have you been back to Europe? Mike: Yeah, uh, I've been back to Europe on a couple of occasions. The first time, I guess I went back to Europe was in 1989, 1990, when I went to visit my

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

President Obama has described his landmark visit to Havana as a historic opportunity. Addressing the staff at the US embassy at the start of a three-day trip, Mr Obama said he hoped future generations would see such a visit as entirely natural. This

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Like Earth itself, I remarked. Precisely, he agreed. 就像地球本身一样。我说。一点不错。他表示赞同。 The risks at Yellowstone apply to park employees as much as to visitors. 黄石公园对游客来说有危险,对公园雇员来

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Historic-house museums 历史房屋博物馆 Keeping up appearances 永葆青春 When federal money runs out, ingenuity is called for 联邦资助山穷水尽,匠心独具柳暗花明 THE past is never dead. It's not even past, wrote William Faulkn

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

The Hague 海牙 The next city on Kathy and Evan's itinerary is The Hague. 凯西和艾凡行程上的下一个城市是海牙。 E:After the hustle and bustle of Rotterdam, we can relax here in The Hague. 艾凡:在经历喧嚣扰攘的鹿特丹之后

发表于:2019-03-18 / 阅读(3165) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄旅游观光英语通